Horror element in tug story?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Horror element in tug story?

Post by David Han »

I want to write a tug with a horror element. Any advice?
Tie me up and have fun with me
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Can you be a bit more specific?

The first rule of horror is not to show the monster, so everything is about the build-up. If your victim is already tied, it can do little more than scream, which is kinda boring (especially if the monster can only kill them). A couple things to think about:

- Who does the tying (monster, friends, themselves...)?
- What kind of monster is it (psychopath, beast, ghost, only jumpscares...)?

You can write something like in the Saw movies, a classic monster movie, or whatever you want. If the monster ties your victim, then have some way for your character to be untied without having the monster seem weak. For example, have a little child be tied up in his sleep by a witch and be untied every morning by his parents, who can't figure out what happens. Otherwise, your character is stuck the whole time, giving them little time to face their fears.

RopeBunny has written many supernatural stories with entities tying up humans, but most aren't necessary horror.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Saw horror, had to click and see :)

Nice surprise to find my name mentioned, thanks for thinking of me Beaumains. I would consider some of what I've written here to be mild horror, but yes, plenty of supernatural/magic based stuff in my back catalogue. It's what I enjoy writing.

Strangely, I am actually working on a horror themed TUG myself. I'm around two and a half chapters in, but am waiting to post until I'm sure of the flow of it, and have a good ending worked out.

Anyway. David Han, if you'd like we can talk more about horror and TUGs? I'm in no way an expert, though I do believe most of my TUGs stories are well received. I'd be happy to discuss the subject with you :)

PM me if you want.

Louise.
SoftlySwitching
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by SoftlySwitching »

I have to both agree and disagree with baumains. Sometimes knowing you are unable to stop something even if you can see it clearly can be every bit as scary as not knowing what it is. Then the fear comes from the desperation of trying to stop it and failing while just barely escaping. I think the real secret is all in the anticipation and build up, whichever style you choose to go.

I will agree that you should never reveal everything from the start.

And don’t be afraid to make a clever villain. It’s what made Pinhead from Hellraiser, Ozymandias in Watchmen, and HAL in 2991 such good antagonists. Most of the time, they could predict what the heroes would do and counter it in advance, building he tension. Or the Joker in the Batman films and Gotham series
Bound and gagged, completely trapped in sensations of silk and fur, either giving or receiving, I’m in 100%
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic