Do I need help?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
arizzle34

Do I need help?

Post by arizzle34 »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post about some things I have been going through in life and if I might need to seek professional help. I'm 26 and I haven't really experienced much TUGs in my life besides a couple one night stands and some self bondage. However, at this point in my life I crave CRAVE bondage and the thought of it. I wish I could be tied up for hours by someone, to be silenced and kept away from the world and responsibilities it has. Am I the only one like this? Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to quit cold turkey, should I see someone and discuss these feelings with them. Should I have more one night stands and just get tied up every now and then or should I do long self bondage sessions? Any suggestions would be great, but I am not sure how to proceed with this fetish part of my life.

You can PM me anytime. Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

I would suggest a lot if us here feel the same way, we are very passionate about the way we feel.

I wouldn’t advocate one night stands, you really need to trust the person tying you and I don’t think you could have that trust with someone you just met.

Self bondage is the only outlet I have these days, it’s better than nothing. Just be careful how you do it. Always have an escape plan and never stuff anything in your mouth.

As long as your love of bondage isn’t having an impact on your daily life just like any other ‘addiction’ betting, alcohol, drugs etc. You probably don’t need to speak to anybody.

Hopefully you will find a long term partner to play with. In the meantime there are plenty of us here to talk to.
Bondage_Addicted
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bondage_Addicted »

Don't worry, we all crave this in our life at some point, especially in these times! :)

Like said above, just make sure to do something with someone you trust entirely, never do it with a stranger at all. Keep it safe, I once got myself nearly stuck and it sucks hah! But again, it's not a weird thought, it's normal to desire and have urges, so long as you control them :)
It's actually super easy, barely an inconvenience!
Blackfox74077
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Blackfox74077 »

Yea i feel same way its a constant thought and urge. but mayb finding someone who will tie u on a regular basis might help u though
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

Seeing someone is never a bad idea for ANYONE, but be sure to seek out someone who is kink knowledgeaeble and has empathy for subcultures like ours.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

I would probably say it's best to find someone you can trust and get to know to be your bondage outlet. I think most submissives always want to feel like they are in their happy place. Nothing wrong with that. Just need to find the right partner who can bring the best of each experience out.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
gayjacket
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gayjacket »

Speaking as someone who lives with mental illness, it's always highly personal, contextual, and subjective. I don't think anyone can answer that question but you. That being said, there are a couple of questions you might ask yourself:
  • Am I comfortable with myself?
  • Do these thoughts interfere with my day-to-day life?
If you find yourself thinking about bondage to the extent of distracting you from important tasks, or these feelings give you unresolved anxiety, then you might consider seeking professional help. You said that you "crave" bondage, and to me, that sounds like sexual frustration... which is a very real and, for some people, very powerful phenomenon. "Sex therapist" is an occupation for a reason! But that has to be your decision. You shouldn't feel ashamed or "dirty" if you do decide to seek counseling. Everyone has some kind of neurosis, and sometimes we need guidance with ours. If you decide that you could benefit from that, then you're taking responsibility for it, which is a good thing!

On the other hand, today's society has a range of tools for seeking out sex, relationships, or both. Unfortunately, the pandemic does make that somewhat difficult right now. It sounds like you have some ideas for things to try (self-bondage or "one-night stands"). Since you've identified some possible ways to move forwards, why not try them out and see how you feel after that? One of the best ways to evaluate whether you enjoy something is to try it, after all.

I don't know you or your situation beyond this single forum post, so I don't want to tell you what you should do, but there are two things I'd say you'd shouldn't do. In my experience, going "cold turkey" rarely works out. By the time you realize you're thinking about something, well... you're already thinking about it, and aside from that, intrusive thoughts can be incredibly difficult to control. (Believe me, I have them all the time.) Secondly, you shouldn't feel ashamed (unless you're into that). Sex and sexuality is complicated and really low in the brain. If your sexuality is giving you trouble, well, you've already taken the first step to get it under control, so good on you! There's nothing to be ashamed about there.

As for practical steps, have you considered FetLife?
27/F/USA/bi/switch. Want to RP with me? Read my profile carefully for more! I try to respond to all PMs, but it might take me a few days, depending on how busy my life's keeping me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic