Tips for a usualy tie-upper to write from the captives perspective?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
wrathofcon
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Tips for a usualy tie-upper to write from the captives perspective?

Post by wrathofcon »

The title pretty much says it all. I prefer to be the one who dies the tying in any sutuation like that, but the story Im writing is from the captives perspective. Any helpful tips on how to make it seem as realistic as possible? If it matters for the distinction, the story is M/F bondage, but anyone can offer advice.
Ill render you speechless ;) ...
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

It's really difficult for we amateur writers to write from a point of view other than our own. For what it is worth, my attempt is here: http://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=304. I try to emphasise how the narrator is feeling about his situation.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
wolololobondager
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by wolololobondager »

Check out my take(captive guy for comparison) on this subject

http://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?t=315
Stories that involve a group getting themselves trussed up will always be my kryptonite-anyways, I'm a guy it's just my avatar features a female
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

wrathofcon wrote: 6 years ago The title pretty much says it all. I prefer to be the one who dies the tying in any sutuation like that, but the story Im writing is from the captives perspective. Any helpful tips on how to make it seem as realistic as possible? If it matters for the distinction, the story is M/F bondage, but anyone can offer advice.
This is IMO a wonderful thread that could prove useful to many.

I must say, I've learned a lot about how to write from a submissive's point of view, simply by observing their reactions, facial expressions and behaviour during meet ups where TUGs are involved.

For example, I've gotten fairly good at describing non-consensual gagging scenes, precisely because of my TUGs habits in real life. The majority of guys I've met for tie ups, have acted the same way. Similar facial expressions, similar behaviour, etc.

How they deal with different situations internally is purely hypothetical to us, and I believe that's where you need to fill the gaps. In essence, when you need to fill gaps, write about what you know.

No matter whether you're a Dom or a sub (of somewhere in the middle) most of us can relate to feelings of doubt, insecurity, fear. We've all faced these at one, or multiple points in life.

Keeping the sub/captive's perspective can be tricky if you're a Dom/bondage-giver. But it can still be done.

Music has a big roll to play for some of us.
Even an ambient (speechless) tune can help to either focus, or distract. Find out what works best for you.

In my case, when I'm writing from the sub's point of view (which is often), writing at night when the lights are off and when less distractions are available works best. I have better success at fully immersing myself into the character and trying to fill the gaps with things that I know/can understand (fear, doubt, uncertainty, etc) at night. It's a calmer, more distraction-free environment.

Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

jayarieldrillowup
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by jayarieldrillowup »

Ah yes an extremely hard question to answer online but I will in a way not yet answered here. And here we go.

First off, no matter your gender try very hard to write as the opposite one. This means a female member actually writing or rping fully as a male with all the attitude, mannerisms, grammar, and anatomy name/term usage.

The opposite rule applies too meaning a male member writing or rping fully as a female. This is harder with terms of anatomy when doing adult stories. That is because many males like to use female nicknames for certain areas of anatomy but they must be very careful because some so-called nicknames can actually offend female readers.

Now if you are a dom writing as a sub in a story, try to use visualization so that you are actually seeing in your mind's eye what you are writing as it happens. This is very hard. For example, if you have tied a crotchrope before on a female captive before but you are male, how do you really know what it feels like to them? Unless you ask while they are not gagged it is hard to tell unless you truly can understand the precise languages known concisely as gagtalk. Lucky for members, there are websites you can do searches for online that actually translate gagtalk for readers and writers.

A crotchrope also will feel differently on a male then a female depending on what material you use, whether the bondage scene has them nude or not and obviously how you tie it around their anatomy there so to speak.

If you have any questions about my comment, please leave me a quoted comment or even pm me and I will try my hardest to simplify this for you.
'And behold one arose who once was thought to be dead and he spoke saying,"Heaven said I was too evil and hell said I was too good." Now he wanders forever as an immortal with magic as his birthright and as his curse.'
RKOJason03
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RKOJason03 »

Give the persons thoughts, sounds materials and sensations on the body.
Jason Gines
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

To make any story seem realistic, you have to, for the most part, write what you know. If you don't know, or have just limited knowledge, ask someone who does know, and has extensive knowledge.

Base your stories on personal knowledge. Mine are drawn from childhood experiences, but are fictional.

Drawscore
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

First person narration is fun. Just think how you feel when being tied and played with.
Tie me up and have fun with me
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Most of my stuff is in the third person, but buried somewhere on this board, are a pair of stories written in the first person. ("Allen's Adventure," and "How Mark Became the Troop Mascot.")

Drawscore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic