Removing Duct Tape Residue from Clothing

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Removing Duct Tape Residue from Clothing

Post by TapeBondage123 »

Hello all! My love for duct tape comes with a price - sticky residue on my clothes. What do you all use to remove it from clothing? Granted, Google comes back with a million suggestions for this but I wanted to hear from someone on here that had a tried and true way of removing it without ruining the clothes. Thank you in advance!
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Petroleum products (gasoline, lighter fluid) work well, but the odor sometimes lasts longer than one would like.

Drawscore
gaggedrock29
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gaggedrock29 »

Have you tried Goo-Gone?
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

gaggedrock29 wrote: 3 years ago Have you tried Goo-Gone?
I thought about that but was worried that it may discolor or ruin the clothes but I may have to give that a shot. Thank you!
drawscore wrote: 3 years ago Petroleum products (gasoline, lighter fluid) work well, but the odor sometimes lasts longer than one would like.

Drawscore
If all else fails, I’ll have to give that a shot. It may sound kind of strange as I’m getting duct tape all over them, but I’m hoping to not discolor or ruin them lol. Thank you though!
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

The other thing you could do is before being duct taped put on some old clothes that you don’t mind having the residue on them. I do this myself, and although it is self-bondage it works for the occasion.
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

Solarbeast wrote: 3 years ago The other thing you could do is before being duct taped put on some old clothes that you don’t mind having the residue on them. I do this myself, and although it is self-bondage it works for the occasion.
That’s true. I’ve found that, with the stronger duct tape, it can sometimes pull seams and really stretch them out. Using older clothes, I wouldn’t mind so much if they were ruined. Thanks!
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

You should try "binding tape" it looks like duct tape but doesn't have as severe of a hold,thats actually what another of bondage photographers use so as not to put the models in too much pain or rip their hair out when they are gagged,if you apply it right it does a really good job🙂
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

Ropelover28nj wrote: 3 years ago You should try "binding tape" it looks like duct tape but doesn't have as severe of a hold,thats actually what another of bondage photographers use so as not to put the models in too much pain or rip their hair out when they are gagged,if you apply it right it does a really good job🙂
I’ll have to give that a try, thank you! I just read your story about your experience with Carissa Montgomery. It was amazing! You lived my dream lol
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

TapeBondage123 wrote: 3 years ago
Ropelover28nj wrote: 3 years ago You should try "binding tape" it looks like duct tape but doesn't have as severe of a hold,thats actually what another of bondage photographers use so as not to put the models in too much pain or rip their hair out when they are gagged,if you apply it right it does a really good job🙂
I’ll have to give that a try, thank you! I just read your story about your experience with Carissa Montgomery. It was amazing! You lived my dream lol
Haha thank you😋
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

Just an update: I experimented with WD40 and it worked like a charm. You have to spray the WD40 on the residue mark, let it sit for a few minutes and you should be able to scratch it off with your finger nail. Then make sure you rinse it off quite well before you throw it in the washing machine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic