Tug Cliches

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Tug Cliches

Post by Nightly Binds »

So, with this Topic, I want to discuss the subject of cliches..yes we all know every type of story there is certainly has them..and how they can have a bit of a negative view from others..and it's understandable...but just because something is a cliches..doesn't mean it's a bad thing..no in fact..I think some cliches are..quite okay..and even enjoy some of them when I read a story....now..I may not have posted any stories of my own on here ( doesn't mean I have no writing experience though ) but I certainly have read enough to know when to spot.what I call..Tug cliches..basically a common trope or element that get's put in a story that can be either a good thing..or a bad thing pending on who looks at it..so what I want to do is..make a short list of the common cliches I see in Tug stories..and what I think of them....both good and bad..I may add more over time if I think of any more..but for now.I'll start with the first that I am actually quite fond of..here I go....

cliches I Like...

1-Duct tape= " Never stops sticking and nearly impossible to remove " - Yeah..you probably know what I mean. basically it's the common trend in stories when a character is gagged with some duct tape..and that's basically all it takes..and we all know that tape never does stick to the face for a very preferable duration, after a while it will start to peel off or loose it's stickiness from saliva to the point one can simply pop it loose from their lips...pretty much make it ineffective . and doesn't matter how many stripes are used..ten, seven..it always starts to loosen itself..( best on can do is wrap around or stuff something on the mouth before usage ) However when it comes to the stories...once the tape is on..it's not coming off no matter what the victim does ! it's basically a second skin to their face.even it it's just a single strip slapped over..it's there until it's removed for them...and you know what..I love it !...maybe it's because the tape gag is one of my favorite gags..from it's look and feel..just the image of seeing a single piece across the face does it for me !

2-Everyone is an excerpt Knot tier- another common cliché I see pop up in stories a lot of the times is, no matter who the person is, if they are going to be tying up someone...they seem to have these advanced Tying skills that basically make it impossible for the person being tied to escape. now..unless the characters have some history with trying people up or were in the scouts..it just seems a bit bizarre they'd know all these advanced trying skills. now of course..this trope/cliche is basically needed..sense when we read or write stories..it's all about the Bondage am I correct ? and we can't have a character who doesn't know how to tie knots if we wan't to get out fill of it. hence it's a cliche that doesn't really bother me at all..though it is nice to hear how a character has come to have such skills in the first place...

3- Always rope and tape on standby- Sorta similar to the above..however in this case..it's when for what ever reasons..characters in stores always seem to have an abundance of rope or duct tape laying around with easy access for tying people up..even if they never have done so before or planned on ever tying anyone up..but hey..it's a cliché I can take..after all..what is bondage without the rope ?

Cliches I dislike....

Okay first..this is not an attack or anything on a particular story or anything, just something I have come across over my times of reading Tug stories from all over..so with that said..so far there really is only one Common cliche that really irks me when ever I read a story and that to me would be..Simply glossing over Tie up scenes or not giving much detail. what do I mean ? well..basically it's whenever in a story a character is all tied up and lets say left alone to struggle and try and get free....what bothers me about something like this is..when the story doesn't bother going into detail on how the character is dealing with their situation and simply decides to give a brief description of it instead, example below...

" After they made sure my bonds were secure, they made their way out of the room leaving me to struggle and squirm, what I remained doing for two hours before they let me go"

Like..I mean what is the point of that ? why simply gloss over the detail of it..i know that maybe it's not super important to the plot that we know what thee character did for two hours...sense it basically states all he did was struggle..but one thing I enjoy about reading stories..is the detail we can get of the character and how they are handling or feeling during their situation, I like to read about how they struggle..how they feel, how the sounds of their restraints are as they tug against them. sorta so we can be in the situation with the character...understanding what they feel...a lot of my favorite stories I have read seem to avoid this cliche and have many scenes and chapters that are just dedicated to the describing the character in their situation, even if they can't escape..it still spends the time to let us know what they are doing, and how they are trying to cope with, sorta letting the reader have the situation sink in if you catch my drift..,..not saying this is a problem with every tug story..but certainly an element do wish to see avoided when I read a tug story..

Edit- Just Thought of another thing I think is a bit of a cliche, and while not one I find always bad, is one that does tend to pop in my mind from time to time.

Tugs= having no Legal consequences - So, here's one thing I've come to notice about TUG stories, and that's some of the plots revolving around characters Kidnapping other people or just generally tying them up without consent, like some bullies tying up a nerd and leaving him to get free, a ex wants revenge on their cheating partner, A person kidnapping their rival from another sports team, ect, just always seems a bit funny and a bit strange that, never does there seem to be any issues for the capture for basically kidnaping and tormenting a person without consent by the end. like it's treated more so on a level of " dang, they really got me, oh well nothing I can do to make sure that never happens again :roll: "

So anyway..those are my thoughts on Cliches good and bad..so tell me then...what sorta clichés do you Both enjoy and cannot stand when it comes to viewing Tug related stories.. ?
Last edited by Nightly Binds 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

I pretty much agree with you on everything,love it in a story when the person(s) doing the tying are rope experts,I love when everything needed is on hand,even if its a robber who is prepared with a ballgag😊 and i agree with you most on what you don't like. I
I hate non detailed bandage descriptions like "I quickly hogtied her with rope and gagged her with a sock and duct tape" it just doesn't do it for me,I wanna hear about the entire process,the tying of the knots, the straining, the struggling,all of it
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

You're welcome to read my stuff for (almost tediously - who put that in here?) detailed descriptions of tie-up situations.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by WillHBonney »

I agree with your dislike point particularly in videos. I hate when it fades to black and then fades up with the person fully tied. The tying is definitely the best part. How am I supposed to know what is stuffed under the gag if I don’t see it!?
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

WillHBonney wrote: 3 years ago I agree with your dislike point particularly in videos. I hate when it fades to black and then fades up with the person fully tied. The tying is definitely the best part. How am I supposed to know what is stuffed under the gag if I don’t see it!?
couldn't agree more,I always loved the videos that showed the tying,thats half the turn on
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

There are tons of wonderful stories on here.
Sometimes I'll just look through the "Your Posts" filter, just to re-read and revisit past stories I've previously enjoyed reading.

I mostly read M/M and some M/F, but one of the "Tug clichés" that tends to irk me most is the frequent use of impossible gags and grossly unrealistic mouth stuffings. There's a limit to the amount of stuffing a the human mouth can accommodate, and stretching that out can make the story seem completely unrealistic. A definite turn off for fans of realism, like myself.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

WillHBonney wrote: 3 years ago I agree with your dislike point particularly in videos. I hate when it fades to black and then fades up with the person fully tied. The tying is definitely the best part. How am I supposed to know what is stuffed under the gag if I don’t see it!?
Yeah that can be very annoying, it basically leaves the viewer in the dark if we don't understand what lengths were done to secure the person,, at times though I do think it can be okay if it's used in a sorta, surprise or humorous reveal way,, but it's usually better to show the scenes of having the person being tied,

however when it comes to stories, it can be different, if a story glosses over skips a scene with a character being tied, for me the only way it can work is, if we get a detailed description of how they are tied as a result.

here's a quick example I came up with to show how I see it working in written form....

" Well then..I guess if you aren't gonna be cooperative with this, we'll have to make sure sure you won't go blabbing your mouth to anyone " Kelly said as she held up the long length of rope in hands and noticing Eric had the roll of duct tape in his, Billie's eyes then widen as he now realized just when they had been intending to do with it all along....

Half an hour later......

Billy groaned as he strained against his bonds for what felt like the hundredth time ever sense Kelly and Eric had left him in the back room alone..but he made no more effort of getting loose then when he had tried during any of be previous attempts, their work had proven to be far too effective, his wrist were tightly secured behind him with soft nylon rope, his chest and waist were also pinned to the chair with another round, his legs and ankles were pinned to each leg of the chair with another set of ropes. he grunted and struggled frantically hoping to free himself from his restrictive nature but the bonds only held tight and caused the wood of the chair to creak and groan along with his struggles...he finally lowered his head and let out frustrated sigh, he felt like cursing allowed to himself for letting himself get caught up in this and now the way he was. but even that would prove to be too difficult with the wadded up sock stuffed in his mouth, held in place by the many layers of the duct tape pastured over his lips...he knew by now that'd he'd not be getting out of his restraints..not until they came back to release him, and who knows how long that could be.
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

Ropelover28nj wrote: 3 years ago I pretty much agree with you on everything,love it in a story when the person(s) doing the tying are rope experts,I love when everything needed is on hand,even if its a robber who is prepared with a ballgag😊 and i agree with you most on what you don't like. I
I hate non detailed bandage descriptions like "I quickly hogtied her with rope and gagged her with a sock and duct tape" it just doesn't do it for me,I wanna hear about the entire process,the tying of the knots, the straining, the struggling,all of it
Indeed, when a story has it that all the martial just happens to be available it somehow just makes things all the more enjoyable to read in a sense, cause who want's to read about someone having to run all the way to the store to by some rope and tape ? :lol: even if you question why people have so much rope in their drawers in like every room in the house...unless..of course they are into certain things on a daily basis ;)

and yeah detailed descriptions are always a major plus for any tug story, it's basically what we all wan't to hear, just how a person is tied and how they are handling it, so..I don't care if it takes up multiple paragraphs, I love to hear how they struggle ! heh heh,
Stoutland395
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stoutland395 »

There are some cliches that I find adds an interesting aspect to bondage in the story. Perhaps that's the appeal and why they're so widely used, tho! The home invasion/robbery story is always welcome imo, a little biased since I'm currently relying on it for my story :) It provides a convenient and believable excuse to have your character(s) tied up/gagged. Depending on how it's handled it can be a very intriguing story and opens up the character to find a way out of their situation. Lots of potential for descriptions of movements, thoughts, and feelings from the person who gets tied up. I'm a personal fan of the "unwilling participants" fantasy, and the home invasion - tired and cliche as it may seem - is a convenient way to put a character in that role, especially if the character who presents as an "alpha" (for lack of a better term) becomes super angry at being bested and is forced into that more unwilling submissive role he's unused to being in.
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

Stoutland395 wrote: 3 years ago There are some cliches that I find adds an interesting aspect to bondage in the story. Perhaps that's the appeal and why they're so widely used, tho! The home invasion/robbery story is always welcome imo, a little biased since I'm currently relying on it for my story :) It provides a convenient and believable excuse to have your character(s) tied up/gagged. Depending on how it's handled it can be a very intriguing story and opens up the character to find a way out of their situation. Lots of potential for descriptions of movements, thoughts, and feelings from the person who gets tied up. I'm a personal fan of the "unwilling participants" fantasy, and the home invasion - tired and cliche as it may seem - is a convenient way to put a character in that role, especially if the character who presents as an "alpha" (for lack of a better term) becomes super angry at being bested and is forced into that more unwilling submissive role he's unused to being in.
Yeah I agree with you on that, sure some story plots are over used, but..really..if they are then there must a good reason for it, I think it's basically essential to re-use a lot of themes in stories, and really I don't mind if a story used common tropes and cliches..it's how it's done I think that is important..giving it something fresh with it also really helps. so kidnap themes, lost bets, dares,..its all been done to get a Tug story started..but in the end..it is okay..because it's what a lot of people like and hope for when they read such storie.
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

Xtc wrote: 3 years ago You're welcome to read my stuff for (almost tediously - who put that in here?) detailed descriptions of tie-up situations.
ha ha, I know you got some works around here i need to check out, I believe I read something of yours while back, and recall it being very detailed, will have to look into your stories, if you have any suggestions do share, ;)
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Somewhere on here there is a list of M/M stories by author but, sorry, I can't find it!
I wonder if [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] might be able to help?
I might even then be able to update the list!
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Many thanks, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]
Updates now made.

You might be interested, [mention]The skeleton Beam[/mention]
scarfgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by scarfgagged »

The skeleton Beam wrote: 3 years ago 3- Always rope and tape on standby- Sorta similar to the above..however in this case..it's when for what ever reasons..characters in stores always seem to have an abundance of rope or duct tape laying around with easy access for tying people up..even if they never have done so before or planned on ever tying anyone up..but hey..it's a cliche I can take..after all..what is bondage without the rope ?

So anyway..those are my thoughts on Cliches good and bad..so tell me then...what sorta cliches do you Both enjoy and cannot stand when it comes to viewing Tug related stories.. ?
I have under my bed a box with ropes, gags and a lot of scarves! So if somebody enters and try to tie me up, would find everything he/she needs under my bed.
That aside a get what you mean and i agree, but doesn't bother me at all, It is all what the reader can think of while reading, so depends entirely on what the reader is looking for i think.
Anyway, you have a point
If you're not gagged and blindfolded, then you're not tied up at all!!! :D
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

Xtc wrote: 3 years ago Many thanks, @Beaumains
Updates now made.

You might be interested, @The skeleton Beam
Ah thanks a ton, ! will make sure to Check em.
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TomYi »

Another cliché that I see a lot, is that everyone's a contortionist. Whenever somebody gets tied up, they always seem to wind up with their elbows touching, their back arched from the tightest hogtie, or something even more crazy.

In reality, most people are no where near that flexible. Most every sub I've encountered has had some difficulty crossing their wrists behind their back, let alone touching their elbows.

But elbow bondage can look pretty damn good, so it's a cliché that I'm fond of.
zarquon
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by zarquon »

TomYi wrote: 3 years ago But elbow bondage can look pretty damn good, so it's a cliché that I'm fond of.
I love it too, so I can't really complain.
Last edited by zarquon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
zarquon
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by zarquon »

There is a general explanation of why I like these unrealistic cliches: I would have loved to be tied up like that as a kid! But... I just didn't know these techniques even existed.

Just for example, one of my recurring fantasies was the one where a robbed broke into the house and had to restrain me. Typical, nothing fancy. If I had to describe the way I wanted to be tied up by the robber, it would have been just: hands behind back, ankles and a simple (and totally ineffective) detective gag. That's it!
Since I hadn't any TUG friends (and this could also be another cliche, "everyone is always full of friend to tie / be tied up" :P), this was all my knowledge on the field, taken from cinema I believe.

Reimagining these fantasies now I would certainly add elbows together, a hogtie, infinitely more rope, tape wrapped around the head and gag stuffing. And honestly... I was WAY more flexible at that time so it could have probably not been an impossible thing. :D

So yeah, they are cliches, but keep them coming!
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

zarquon wrote: 3 years ago There is a general explanation of why I like these unrealistic cliches: I would have loved to be tied up like that as a kid! But... I just didn't know these techniques even existed.

Just for example, one of my recurring fantasies was the one where a robbed broke into the house and had to restrain me. Typical, nothing fancy. If I had to describe the way I wanted to be tied up by the robber, it would have been just: hands behind back, ankles and a simple (and totally ineffective) detective gag. That's it!
Since I hadn't any TUG friends (and this could also be another cliche, "everyone is always full of friend to tie / be tied up" :P), this was all my knowledge on the field, taken from cinema I believe.

Reimagining these fantasies now I would certainly add elbows together, a hogtie, infinitely more rope, tape wrapped around the head and gag stuffing. And honestly... I was WAY more flexible at that time so it could have probably not been an impossible thing. :D

So yeah, they are cliches, but keep them coming!
I could definitely agree with that,some of those cliches are what molded my current fanatsies
Nightly Binds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nightly Binds »

TomYi wrote: 3 years ago Another cliché that I see a lot, is that everyone's a contortionist. Whenever somebody gets tied up, they always seem to wind up with their elbows touching, their back arched from the tightest hogtie, or something even more crazy.

In reality, most people are no where near that flexible. Most every sub I've encountered has had some difficulty crossing their wrists behind their back, let alone touching their elbows.

heh yeah that's one I tend to see a lot, like I'll be reading a story and see someone's limbs be pulled or stretched in very bizarre ways and left tied that way and think " that sounds like it'd be very painful ? " but nope never seems to be an issue in a story, but like you say, It's one I won't be bothered by if it's not going to be problem for the character lol
Last edited by Nightly Binds 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
GagHerRealGood

Post by GagHerRealGood »

The skeleton Beam wrote: 3 years ago
TomYi wrote: 3 years ago Another cliché that I see a lot, is that everyone's a contortionist. Whenever somebody gets tied up, they always seem to wind up with their elbows touching, their back arched from the tightest hogtie, or something even more crazy.

heh yeah that's one I tend to see a lot, like I'll be reading a story and see someone's limbs be pulled or stretched in very bizarre and left tied that way and think " that sounds like it'd be very painful ? " but nope never seems to be an issue in a story, but like you say, It's one I won't be bothered by if it's not going to be problem for the character lol
I read a story by [mention]iliketights[/mention] where the victim is a professional bondage model, and I feel like in stories like that where the characters practice professionally those kinds of ties make more sense. But agree, elbow ties are common in bondage pics/vids but very painful IRL.
ChiDrag221
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChiDrag221 »

This is pretty specific to M/M stinky foot fetishy TUG stories, and it's not entirely unreasonable, but the characters playing the dominating roles are quite often very stereotypical choices: a jock in a fraternity, a police officer, some kind of job that involves steel-toed boots, etc. I totally get that these are what M/M readers commonly fantasize about, for the archetypal "dominant" figure, but when I think about the full imaginative range of potential story ideas, it just feels like there could be so much more. For example, I haven't really seen any stories involving a college aged grocery store clerk or barista. I know they're not what one usually thinks of, but one can imagine the buildup of sock sweat from doing shelf stocking all day, and there could be a narrative about taking serendipitous 'revenge' against, say, a customer who returned a cart full of items close to closing hour, really annoying the stocker who has to unload everything (maybe even later referencing the extra sweat that accumulated as a result of all that backroom work). Or a barista dude who has to deal with someone yelling at him for only fulfilling 19 of their 20 coffee orders.

That was just one idea that popped into mind, but the big picture I guess was that the sky's the limit when it comes to this particular genre of TUG stories, and there probably do exist readers out there who don't feel their 'rare dom fantasy models' are being catered to by the chronic cliches of a jock or an older bullying brother. [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] , you've written quite a number of stories of this genre; wasn't sure if you had any comments regarding this
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

ChiDrag221 wrote: 3 years ago This is pretty specific to M/M stinky foot fetishy TUG stories, and it's not entirely unreasonable, but the characters playing the dominating roles are quite often very stereotypical choices: a jock in a fraternity, a police officer, some kind of job that involves steel-toed boots, etc. I totally get that these are what M/M readers commonly fantasize about, for the archetypal "dominant" figure, but when I think about the full imaginative range of potential story ideas, it just feels like there could be so much more. For example, I haven't really seen any stories involving a college aged grocery store clerk or barista. I know they're not what one usually thinks of, but one can imagine the buildup of sock sweat from doing shelf stocking all day, and there could be a narrative about taking serendipitous 'revenge' against, say, a customer who returned a cart full of items close to closing hour, really annoying the stocker who has to unload everything (maybe even later referencing the extra sweat that accumulated as a result of all that backroom work). Or a barista dude who has to deal with someone yelling at him for only fulfilling 19 of their 20 coffee orders.

That was just one idea that popped into mind, but the big picture I guess was that the sky's the limit when it comes to this particular genre of TUG stories, and there probably do exist readers out there who don't feel their 'rare dom fantasy models' are being catered to by the chronic cliches of a jock or an older bullying brother. @bondagefreak , you've written quite a number of stories of this genre; wasn't sure if you had any comments regarding this

Hello my friend,
Unfortunately, the tagging system seems to be down again and I've not been alerted of this post like I should've normally been.
Just saw it now, in my regular browsing routine of unread posts.

You bring up an interesting point.
I don't know if you're following the popular M/M sockgag survey thread (just tagged you on it btw) but the M/M sockgag clichés seem to follow what most of the users here are into. For example: when asked to:

Choose your THREE favourite sockgag-related scenarios: these are the answers that were chosen more often.

Victim is gagged with his older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his kidnapper's sock
Victim is gagged with a rival's sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his dad's sock

Rivalry often has to do with sports, hence the popular "jock" stereotype.
Older brother's gagging younger brothers is a popular one, and surprisingly enough, so are sons being gagged with their dad's socks (although that genre is almost exclusively featured in works written by [mention]squirrel[/mention] and myself).

Having said that, I don't know how closely you follow my stuff, but it might come as a pleasant surprise to you that Bound & Gagged's current super-villain is a skater-twink who lives with a bunch of older and much bigger college hunks.

I know you've read the character's back story and enjoyed it a lot.
SIBLING RIVALRY: SKATERBOY GETS HIS WAY (m/M)

If you're not following B&G, then it might please you to know that he's a hundred times more ruthless in there and that he dishes out the absolute WORST gags and torments. The big, beefy hunks are unimaginative and bland compared to this scrawny twinkster.

Breaking the stereotypical sock-gagger mould and introducing Phil into the story has resulted in a flurry of different reactions from the readership. It's been months since his initial introduction, and he is still the main source of discussion and debate on the B&G thread.

Another effort I've made to break the mold is: A TWINK'S REVENGE: SETTING THE TWINS STRAIGHT (Mm/MM)

I don't think you read this one, so I won't spoil it for you.
But if you're a bit tired of the typical M/M sockgag clichés though, I'm pretty sure that one and B&G will be right up your alley.

I've written a lot of stuff around the concept of muscular jock types doing the gagging, but if you're wanting to read something a bit different; here are examples of works that will probably interest you.

The only thing these stories have in common (other than sockgags) is that the one(s) doing the gagging don't necessarily fit the cliché mould OR that the socks being used as gags are not being sourced from stereotypical jock types.

- A TWINK'S REVENGE: SETTING THE TWINS STRAIGHT (Mm/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5875
- BOYZ WILL BE BOYZ: A BATTLE OF TWO TWINKS (M/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8988
- THE AIRSOFT GAME (M+/M+) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9342
- THE DUCT TAPE CHRONICLES: NO ESCAPE (M/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4724
- SIBLING RIVALRY: SKATER BOY GETS HIS WAY (m/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 992#p45992
- LIFE OF THE PARTY: THE UNWILLING MUMMY (MMMMM/m) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5024
- A LESSON IN HUMILITY (MMMM/M) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4975
- THE OFFICE MANAGER AND HIS UNLUCKY SON (MM/Mm) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4822
- ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING: THE GAME (mm/mm) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4706
- A FAMILY AFFAIR: THE BIRTHDAY BOYS (MMMM/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4704
- BOUND AND GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG (MMMM/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=130
- THIRTY-SIX HOURS OF HELL (MMM/MMMM) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=44601#p44601

Hope you enjoy some of those links, my friend!
Do let me know by commenting on those that catch your attention ;)

FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

ChiDrag221
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChiDrag221 »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago
ChiDrag221 wrote: 3 years ago This is pretty specific to M/M stinky foot fetishy TUG stories, and it's not entirely unreasonable, but the characters playing the dominating roles are quite often very stereotypical choices: a jock in a fraternity, a police officer, some kind of job that involves steel-toed boots, etc. I totally get that these are what M/M readers commonly fantasize about, for the archetypal "dominant" figure, but when I think about the full imaginative range of potential story ideas, it just feels like there could be so much more. For example, I haven't really seen any stories involving a college aged grocery store clerk or barista. I know they're not what one usually thinks of, but one can imagine the buildup of sock sweat from doing shelf stocking all day, and there could be a narrative about taking serendipitous 'revenge' against, say, a customer who returned a cart full of items close to closing hour, really annoying the stocker who has to unload everything (maybe even later referencing the extra sweat that accumulated as a result of all that backroom work). Or a barista dude who has to deal with someone yelling at him for only fulfilling 19 of their 20 coffee orders.

That was just one idea that popped into mind, but the big picture I guess was that the sky's the limit when it comes to this particular genre of TUG stories, and there probably do exist readers out there who don't feel their 'rare dom fantasy models' are being catered to by the chronic cliches of a jock or an older bullying brother. @bondagefreak , you've written quite a number of stories of this genre; wasn't sure if you had any comments regarding this

Hello my friend,
Unfortunately, the tagging system seems to be down again and I've not been alerted of this post like I should've normally been.
Just saw it now, in my regular browsing routine of unread posts.

You bring up an interesting point.
I don't know if you're following the popular M/M sockgag survey thread (just tagged you on it btw) but the M/M sockgag clichés seem to follow what most of the users here are into. For example: when asked to:

Choose your THREE favourite sockgag-related scenarios: these are the answers that were chosen more often.

Victim is gagged with his older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his kidnapper's sock
Victim is gagged with a rival's sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his dad's sock

Rivalry often has to do with sports, hence the popular "jock" stereotype.
Older brother's gagging younger brothers is a popular one, and surprisingly enough, so are sons being gagged with their dad's socks (although that genre is almost exclusively featured in works written by @squirrel and myself).

Having said that, I don't know how closely you follow my stuff, but it might come as a pleasant surprise to you that Bound & Gagged's current super-villain is a skater-twink who lives with a bunch of older and much bigger college hunks.

I know you've read the character's back story and enjoyed it a lot.
SIBLING RIVALRY: SKATERBOY GETS HIS WAY (m/M)

If you're not following B&G, then it might please you to know that he's a hundred times more ruthless in there and that he dishes out the absolute WORST gags and torments. The big, beefy hunks are unimaginative and bland compared to this scrawny twinkster.

Breaking the stereotypical sock-gagger mould and introducing Phil into the story has resulted in a flurry of different reactions from the readership. It's been months since his initial introduction, and he is still the main source of discussion and debate on the B&G thread.

Another effort I've made to break the mold is: A TWINK'S REVENGE: SETTING THE TWINS STRAIGHT (Mm/MM)

I don't think you read this one, so I won't spoil it for you.
But if you're a bit tired of the typical M/M sockgag clichés though, I'm pretty sure that one and B&G will be right up your alley.

I've written a lot of stuff around the concept of muscular jock types doing the gagging, but if you're wanting to read something a bit different; here are examples of works that will probably interest you.

The only thing these stories have in common (other than sockgags) is that the one(s) doing the gagging don't necessarily fit the cliché mould OR that the socks being used as gags are not being sourced from stereotypical jock types.

- A TWINK'S REVENGE: SETTING THE TWINS STRAIGHT (Mm/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5875
- BOYZ WILL BE BOYZ: A BATTLE OF TWO TWINKS (M/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8988
- THE AIRSOFT GAME (M+/M+) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9342
- THE DUCT TAPE CHRONICLES: NO ESCAPE (M/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4724
- SIBLING RIVALRY: SKATER BOY GETS HIS WAY (m/M) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 992#p45992
- LIFE OF THE PARTY: THE UNWILLING MUMMY (MMMMM/m) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5024
- A LESSON IN HUMILITY (MMMM/M) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4975
- THE OFFICE MANAGER AND HIS UNLUCKY SON (MM/Mm) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4822
- ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING: THE GAME (mm/mm) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4706
- A FAMILY AFFAIR: THE BIRTHDAY BOYS (MMMM/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4704
- BOUND AND GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG (MMMM/MM) https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=130
- THIRTY-SIX HOURS OF HELL (MMM/MMMM) https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=44601#p44601

Hope you enjoy some of those links, my friend!
Do let me know by commenting on those that catch your attention ;)

Thanks so much for the reply! I can imagine this topic could go down a whole rabbit hole about the issue of representativeness in these stories, occupation, race, etc.

I hadn't been following that thread recently, but thank you for calling my attention to it. Yeah, my guess had been that the distribution of portrayals is kind of just a reflection of the distribution of readership interests. I've also been following some of Bound & Gagged too! :)
I like the flip on the typical portrayals, especially with the age difference iirc. I don't know if "skater" counts as a still common choice of dom, in the broader realm outside tugstories, but I definitely appreciate how the jocks in the more recent chapters seem to be taking a more 'bland' role.

The discussion has been pretty fruitful! I really like the philosophical replies regarding differences between BDSM culture rules and fraternity portrayals.

Thanks again for the links!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic