Anxiety and Panicattacks

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Xemora
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Anxiety and Panicattacks

Post by Xemora »

Hello everyone! As I stated in my introduction I'm unexperienced and actually a virgin in every possible way :oops: .
I heared that some people have sudden panicattacks during bondage and I would like to hear from you if it happend to you or your captive and how you dealed with it.

Because I struggle with anxiety in many situations is there a way how I still could try being tied sometime or should I leave it as a fantasy because the risk is to high?

Additionally would you personally tie someone that has this issues, and if so how would you start? Its clear to me that I should never experiment with tunnelgames, for example being left alone, but what about gagging?
Whatever you do and however you do it, just remember to be happy and make happy!
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

I have anxiety, and have been tied, and have tied those who also have it. In my experience, as long as you trust the tier, it can actually RELIEVE anxiety.
From what I have experienced, the reduced options of movement or speaking means there is less to worry about.
If you have a chance, maybe ask the tier to just hold your wrists together, and see how it feels. As always, explore at a comfortable pace, without rushing, and know that while their may be mistakes/misunderstandings, the dom and sub should want what is best for each other.

Pm me if you want to discuss it further.
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

That’s interesting, I haven’t heard of people of having this issue. For me bondage actually helps reduce my anxiety.
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
TightsBound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightsBound »

I can’t speak on anxiety, but I did have a mild panic attack once. I was wrapped shoulders to ankles in vet wrap. The plan was to stay like that for the night. After almost 4 hours, I got fidgety and started squirming, which caused things to get warm, which only made me struggle harder to get free. The panic set in when the time I was going to be tied got into my head. Luckily my friend was only in the next room and I tied me when I asked.

Trusting your tier to look after you is important, as is trusting the one you’re tying to communicate any discomfort. Usually I find breathing and sort of meditating to be helpful. Ultimately bondage can be its own meditation, when you can literally have no other care in the world. To me, that’s when it’s peaceful.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

As Yourcaptor says you need to be in a trusting safe relationship to tie or be tied. I am no expert on anxiety or panic attacks but I understand they are less likely when you are at your most comfortable.

This article on meditative bondage may help too

shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

Like several people, I find it actually helps with my anxiety at times. Other than when I accidentally almost get stuck (it's almost always been me on my own.) But even then that's mostly the embarrassment potential of having to wake one of my parents up to release their own grown son. Luckily hasn't actually happened yet.

I feel I might have a problem with someone I don't know very well, but I haven't had the experience yet so I can't say for sure.

Generally I'd agree with "slow and steady with someone you trust." Safely explore your own boundaries. If you're really uncomfortable with it, then it should be no problem to let you out and try something else.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

While I still don't have much experience, as others have said I find it quite relaxing. However, the risk still exists.

I think this is part of why I'm reluctant to meet people; a responsible and supportive partner is very important. Have a safe word, and if it's said, stop. If you like to struggle, or even go heavy on the role play, make it clear what's make-believe and what's a real desire to stop. And if you're prone to panic attacks, it's best for your partner to know how to spot them.
Silver_noro
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Silver_noro »

For me, trust is the key.
To be honest, I had never had a real panic attack, just some anxiety "spike" let's say.
Mostly becouse, sometimes, I don't get comfortable from the beginning of the session.
I mean, I don't relax enough before getting gagged.

Becouse you're new, take it slower, build your trust.
Don't rush things and try to avoid being carried by your emotions, especially the first times.
Don't push yourself out of your comfort zone amd don't let your rigger step on the boundaries you will set.
After every TUGS, speak with your partner.
Share to him/her what you felt, how you enjoyed it and what he/she can improve.

About the gag, try to start with a simple cleave gag without stuffing.
Then try different types like tapes, stuff gag or even ballgags.
Xemora
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Xemora »

Thank you for all your responses! I will do as you say and take it slow and don't rush it with someone I don't know or trust enough, that I can express my true emotions during the bondage. I need someone who I'm not afraid to embaress me to.

That will be hard, because I had never had a person like this in my life and don't know if I'm able to build that now. But its the safest and the most fulfilling option there is. I don't want to ruin my fantasys by having a really bad first time.

For the time now I'm satisfied dreaming about things that could happen someday and talking to you guys, feeling happy for you if you share your pleasent experiences. Thanks!
Whatever you do and however you do it, just remember to be happy and make happy!
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

Xemora wrote: 3 years ago Thank you for all your responses! I will do as you say and take it slow and don't rush it with someone I don't know or trust enough, that I can express my true emotions during the bondage. I need someone who I'm not afraid to embaress me to.

That will be hard, because I had never had a person like this in my life and don't know if I'm able to build that now. But its the safest and the most fulfilling option there is. I don't want to ruin my fantasys by having a really bad first time.

For the time now I'm satisfied dreaming about things that could happen someday and talking to you guys, feeling happy for you if you share your pleasent experiences. Thanks!
I actually borderline had an anxiety attack the second time I was tied up and it was pretty much because of discomfort, the way I was gagged I didn't like at all,if you wanna hear more about it we can talk through PM. The first time I was tied up though was incredible, and I'm really glad I did it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic