*Posting Photos on the Board* (READ!!!!)

This section contains the introductions thread as well as the forum rules and tips for story writing!
Warning: All users are responsible for reading the site rules. Failure to read the rules does NOT exclude you or your posts from disciplinary actions.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*Posting Photos on the Board* (READ!!!!)

Post by bondagefreak »

IMPORTANT NEWS!

The Admin team has recently made me aware of the fact that our forum is reaching it's storage capacity.
Almost the entire board space is being used up by the picture games you guys are playing.
Across the entire board, we're talking about a stunning 9000+ attachments.

Many of you are also using photo attachments to illustrate your stories. That's fine!
But due to the cost associated with obtaining more storage space, the Admin team will soon have no choice but to follow most other forums of this genre and prohibit the use of photo attachments all together.

DON'T PANIC!

I'm here to alert you of another way, a better way to go about things!
Many of you will notice that my stories are photo-heavy and that my works are almost always illustrated.
Aside from perhaps [mention]Bandit666[/mention], I'm undoubtedly the user who's posted the most photos on this board.

However, the photos I post take up ZERO board space since they're stored and hosted on my very own Flickr account.

This is called third-party hosting.

As a result, the photos I post are always larger, sharper and of better overall quality than those used by my fellow authors. See what I mean?

Flickr offers a stunning 1000 photo storage space (approx 1TB), and for FREE!
In addition to that, you'll have access to basic photo editing tools (think mini-photoshop) and you'll have the option of posting much larger photos on here than what attachments normal permit.

The other major thing that advantages writers using third-party photo hosting, is that (unlike photo attachments) photos you post on here through Flickr will always be visible to guest accounts.

Flickr is free, super easy to use, and allows you to post large, high quality photos WITHOUT taking up any board space. I would very much advise everyone to sign up there and switch to third-party hosting before the Admin team makes this official.

Don't fight this!
This is actually a good thing, and your stories will look even better and more enticing to guest readers (AKA potential new members and reviewers).

Once this becomes mandatory, I'll be releasing an illustrated photo guide to help those of you having trouble getting your photos on here.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

gustorak
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gustorak »

Thanks now i know, Some many detail to know. Sorry
I see, i have to teach you how to be Villains!

Let's get Dangerous!

Wasp being replace
Heroine High's trouble
Bombs Away Miss Lawson

Find Exclusie drawing in:

https://www.patreon.com/Gustorak
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

It's very good that you're making everyone aware of the fact that there are costs involved when uploading pictures directly to the board instead of uploading them elsewhere and then using the img function. Flickr is great and Imgur is also really easy to use. I use Imgur for my pictures on another forum (which is not bondage related ;) ).
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks, [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention], we need the support of the members if the site is not to become unaffordable.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

I for one as a frequent poster am more than happy to find another method of including images to ensure the board doesn’t get either unaffordable or swamped with space consuming images

Bandit666
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks [mention]Bandit666[/mention], this is crucial to the survival of the site.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
gustorak
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gustorak »

I slowly changing the Attachement of my old post to the new methode, so i will take less on the server.
I see, i have to teach you how to be Villains!

Let's get Dangerous!

Wasp being replace
Heroine High's trouble
Bombs Away Miss Lawson

Find Exclusie drawing in:

https://www.patreon.com/Gustorak
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Just altered the first of many pictures posted in photo section, so many more to do but i hope this helps and reduces the spacing issues. Took some time to get Flickr just right but it does indeed work and means if theres anyone who wishes to have one of my uploaded photos they can simply make a friends request i believe
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

This might already b being looked into but Looking back to page 17 on this sub forum there are a lot of threads from deleted users, would it save space to delete some of these threads to free up space on the board. If the OP has deleted their account and nobody ahs left a comment in 2 years i doubt anyone will miss them, just a thought? :)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] Hey there!
No, unfortunately deleting even a hundred or so small threads wouldn't make any difference in the long term (or short term for that matter).

The major threads that contain the several thousand attachment-photos we're talking about are what really take up all the space.

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Not to put a damper on things, but since this was only intended to be a preemptive notice to let you guys in on some changes that will eventually be announced, I'm going to lock this thread.

I've pretty much already said what I needed to say, and I'm glad to see quite a few members moving ahead of the wave and getting used to hosting on Flickr.

This method of getting photos posted up on forums is both time-proven and very easy.
Everything will work out just fine, folks.

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I made this a global announcement so it gets copied to the top of every subforum. Note that it would be in your best interest to stop putting attachments on posts. It will just get removed when we cease allowing attachments on the board.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

*MESSAGE TO THOSE POSTING IN THE TUG PHOTOS/ART SECTIONS*

Since several members are ignoring my messages and continuing to post new photo attachments even when asked to host them on Flickr instead, I've taken the liberty of deleting entire threads filled with photos to make room for the new, unwanted additions.

The more attachments are uploaded to the site, the more photo threads will systematically be taken down.

Until attachment options are barred altogether, it would be a good idea for all of you to remind fellow forum users not to post photo attachments when you see them. Feel free to link concerned users to this thread instead of encouraging them to continue dropping attachments everywhere.

A special thanks to those of you who switched over to Flickr and other photo hosting media.
Your cooperation is very much appreciated, and I think you all agree that the large, high quality photos now being displayed on the forum are definitely worth the extra hassle of signing up on Flickr.

Locked Previous topicNext topic