Website Downtime
Hey everyone,

As you are aware, the website has been offline for over a week. This was due to our "wonderful" (and now ex) webhosts shutting us down because we were, and I quote, "overloading their servers." They were also sending those error 500 messages because the website was simply using more CPU resources than they would allow. So I decided to hell with them and just switched to another web host. It took a long time just for the transfer process for our domain name to complete. After several hours of working on this thing today, I finally got us back online. Hopefully the DNS servers will finish propagating soon so that everyone will finally have access to the site again.

I am sorry for this long of a downtime, and I hope that the increased CPU/Process allowances of our new webhost is enough to support our community. It will cost more per month to keep the site online, but thats always inevitable for growing websites.

--Chad

"Remember Me" Settings

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.

Topic author
volatiledesire
Centennial Club
Centennial Club
Mood:

"Remember Me" Settings

Post by volatiledesire » 1 month ago

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, if so, I apologize.

The "Remember Me" setting on Login doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I have something set incorrectly or it's just a result of the recent troubles with the hosting. Anyway thought I mention it just in case.

Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer
Mood:

Post by Melanie » 1 month ago

You're not the only one who gets logged out all the time. But I can deal with it for now, it's not too bad.

Kyle
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer
Mood:

Post by Kyle » 3 weeks ago

I remember bringing this up on the old forum because it happened there, too. I think it was determined to be an issue with the hosting site. The fact it followed to this site seems to confirm that.

HikariYagami
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by HikariYagami » 1 week ago

I think this is a serious problem and needs more urgent fixing - I mean we have too many guests :P.