Offering a prize for stories

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Arkane
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Offering a prize for stories

Post by Arkane »

It's possible to propose a plot and see if someone accepts the idea and writes it.

But it's possible to propose a small compensation (in what form? I didn't think of it yet...) for the writer(s)?

What do you think about it? It is accepted behavior?
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Arkane[/mention]
The title of this thread and the question you're asking don't seem to have any relation whatsoever.

If you want to have a story commissioned in exchange for cash, then that's your own business.
Such transactions are private and have nothing to do with the community.
The forum is not responsible for anything relating to private currency exchanges between users.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arkane
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Arkane »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago @Arkane
The title of this thread and the question you're asking don't seem to have any relation whatsoever.

If you want to have a story commissioned in exchange for cash, then that's your own business.
Such transactions are private and have nothing to do with the community.
The forum is not responsible for anything relating to private currency exchanges between users.

Hope this helps.
The thread is "suggestion and comments" so I think it is in the right thread because I'm proposing to allowing to do something that I don't see done here. So, what is this?

The idea is to offer a prize for stories, in a forum, not in a private transaction.
I think the related question (is this accepted by the forum administrators?) is relevant.

I hope I made my point more clear, and pardon my english.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

No, the title of this thread is "Offering a prize for stories".
I wrote that the title doesn't seem to have much to do with your query since you seemed to be asking about commission-work (you used the word "compensation") which is very different from "prize" as shown in the title.

In any case, I still have no idea what you are proposing.
What "prize" are you proposing and what exactly does the administration have to do with this?

Generally, on this forum, comments and positive feedback are what the authors seek.
If you want to offer a small compensation (as your first message suggests), then posting a detailed review is the best thing you can do.

Those who want to receive awards for their stories simply participate in the story contests we run every few months.
Arkane
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Arkane »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago @Arkane
No, the title of this thread is "Offering a prize for stories".
You are right, I was referring to the section "Suggestion and Comments."

But I'm going to ask directly to a moderator
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

See your inbox.

If you do procede, please use https://www.tugstories.com/viewforum.php?f=41 or https://www.tugstories.com/viewforum.php?f=42 whichever is appropriate. Hope that helps.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic