PDF and Word Files

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Tom Ford
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

PDF and Word Files

Post by Tom Ford »

Hello. I have a massive record of stories from Canuck's site and even Bob857's site, from way back in 1997, up to about 2012. It's massive. About 2,400,000 words. From authors like Mason, Dubalb, Richard UK, Jennifer, McA, myself, etc...

But it's in one big file, one in Microsoft Word, which is about 12,000 KB and another in PDF file, about 25,000 KB. I really don't have the time to post it individually, as it is massive. It's arranged chronologically, with proper tags, and even with dates when it was posted.

I tried to attach PDF or Word files, but I can't. Is there any way I could post all those files in one go? BTW, all the files are edited so the spellings and grammar are correct.

Below are a sample screenshot of those documents.\
Sample Word.png
Sample PDF.png
Sample PDF 3.png
Sample PDF 2.png

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Hi [mention]Tom Ford[/mention], if I mention [mention]chadmc90[/mention] here, he should see it soon
I don't hold out much hope pf being able to post such files, though.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

In case you can't post them directly, you can try using a file sharing website like dropbox or wetransfer and posting the link here.
Tom Ford
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tom Ford »

Xtc wrote: 5 years ago Hi @Tom Ford, if I mention @chadmc90 here, he should see it soon
I don't hold out much hope pf being able to post such files, though.

Hi XTC.

I know I can't post the PDF files. But chadmc90 already contacted me, and I sent him the files.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

OK. Good luck.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Maybe if these were shared among a few of us, we could post individual stories at our leisure - after deciding beforehand who posts what. That might make it easier for individual contributors and also for readers, who might feel overwhelmed by a massive data dump here.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Did anything happen with the files? Just wondering as I was on those boards at the time (as FH, had to use my alter-ego here as the system did not allow 2 letters as a name) and can probably be found in the documents. I would not mind a copy :-)
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I was thinking of breaking it down by cutting and pasting. Highlight one story, click on "copy," then copy it to a word processing program, like Microsoft Word, or Open Office.

Drawscore
Deleted User 3087

Post by Deleted User 3087 »

drawscore wrote: 4 years ago I was thinking of breaking it down by cutting and pasting. Highlight one story, click on "copy," then copy it to a word processing program, like Microsoft Word, or Open Office.

Drawscore
If it is pdf, then someone using linux can write a script to split it:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/221962/ ... t-of-a-pdf and once done, the zip file can be shared over the cloud.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Beware of double posts! Surely a number of these stories will already have been posted by [mention]Canuck100[/mention] and others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic