Donations

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Donations

Post by drawscore »

I mentioned this on the old board, but it's worth a repeat:

Some of us are private people. We use a pseudonym to protect our privacy. Many of us would like to donate, but to do so through PayPal, or GoFundMe, means money transfers from credit cards or bank accounts, and with it, the possibility of having our identities revealed.

Perhaps a PO box could be rented. I think they are $60 a year at the post office, and there are other options, such as Mail Boxes, Etc, or other mail drops, that may rent for less. Then, members could purchase a money order, either from the post office, or from another source, and mail it in. Since the transaction is in cash, the sender's name is not revealed.

Well, it was a thought.

Drawscore
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

One can hide one's identity when giving on GoFundme but not from the recipient. I don't think that matters much.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

For those members concerned about their identity, or their online security like myself, you can buy a gift card for cash at virtually any retail store and use it to make a donation. That’s what I did.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thank you for that.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic