Constantly Getting Logged Out

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Constantly Getting Logged Out

Post by Kyle »

I'm having a problem with getting logged out automatically by the site. It took me 4 attempts to post the last one before this because I kept getting logged out in the middle of trying to post it. I had the same issues in the last few months of the old site, too, so I'm guessing it's a phpbb issue.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

When you have a problem like this, consider typing your problem/question in Notepad. highlighting it, then pasting it into the "reply" field before it dumps you out.

Drawscore
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]Johnsnow[/mention], [mention]chadmc90[/mention],
Any ideas?
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

drawscore wrote: 5 years ago When you have a problem like this, consider typing your problem/question in Notepad. highlighting it, then pasting it into the "reply" field before it dumps you out.

Drawscore
I copy everything I type on here in case it logs me off before I submit the post. I learned the hard way after I lost one.
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

What browser are you using? Also have you tried ticking the "remember me" button when you sign in?
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I forgot to come back and say, telling the site to keep me logged in did help. It didn't log me out for a few trips here, at least.
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

Glad it helped (even if only a little). If you haven't already maybe try switching browsers. Otherwise I'm not sure why it keeps doing this to you
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

It could be caused by any number of things. You might have a browser problem, in which case, the solution would be to download a different browser, like Firefox or Opera.

It could be a computer glitch. The solution would be to have your computer "cleaned" by a computer tech, or to buy a new computer. (They can be had cheap at pawn shops, and if there is a problem, they can be returned within 7-14 days for a full refund.)

Drawscore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic