Categorisation of story topics

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
noggip
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Categorisation of story topics

Post by noggip »

I reckon we should have a system in which stories or other pieces of writing are categorised by the authors into an appropriate group, For example, there might be a whole subcategory dedicated to couples, or teachers, or detectives or whatever. The author might even be able to create their own categories if their story doesn't apply to any of them. This should make life easier when trying to find a piece of writing with a certain topic or focus.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I guess the easiest way to categorize, would be by the gender and age of the characters who are tied, and who do the tying. It does have to be uniform from one author to the next, so start with the indicator. The captor comes first; the captive second, as in F/M.

Next, to distinguish ages, use lower case for those under 18, and upper case for those 18 and older. If you want to distinguish further, use bold face type, italics, and underline.

Drawscore
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

We've already tried that with gender categories, and it only hurt the readership of stories. Sorry, but something like this has already been tried and it failed.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Keep the simple gender tags. It is a simple seystem that is easy to understand (even if one of our admins keeps forgetting to add them :oops: ).
Surely any other details can be added to the catalog(ue) entries.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Gender and X/x tags work well. Allows for a lot of variations if you're inventive.
Additional information can be carried by the titles, with or without mention of the subject/genre in it, like in between "( )" or "--" after the title itself...
Subverting/bending simple frames is a sport in itself 8-)
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

The concept of categorising stories in a fashion mentioned by the OP becomes obsolete with the use of the Story Catalog we have in place. With the Catalog, you can browse through stories by gender and can use the search function to look for specific TAGs.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic