Gender Specific Sections

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
RopedBud
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Gender Specific Sections

Post by RopedBud »

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this but I thought I'd bring it up just in case. I remember on the old forums that there was a separation of male and female based stories in the different sections of stories (adult only, for everyone, etc). Was this possible to do again or does gender tagging work for enough people that it doesn't seem worth the effort to sort out?
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]RopedBud[/mention] It's not a bad idea, but the gender-specific sections were never foul proof, even on the old board. If you remember, only about half the stories were being posted in the appropriate gender-specific sections. The rest were just posted in the "unspecified" general board and actually benefited of larger audiences, since fewer users seemed to navigate the gender-specific subsections.

Now that we have THREE separate gender-tagging options (Gender-tagged titles, gender-tagged story ads/catalogue entries and gender-tagged story tags) the use of the gender-specific sections might be a bit redundant.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Seprate gender sections within the existing forums would make for a very messy page.
In my opinion, as long as we keep on top of the gender tagging, it is a simpler situation that won't need any moving of stories that have been inappropriately posted.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Yea, we did it that way on the old site, but it was decided that having separate sub forums for each gender didn't make the stories stand out, which could've contributed to the decline in membership.

I encourage EVERYONE to use the new Tagging System, which will help users better decide on stories without hiding other stories from view.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic