Internal server error?

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention]. I also had the 500 error problem for a while and I was on the verge of saying to just go back to the non-secure site, but whatever you did, it worked. I have not had an error since, and the pages are loading about the same amount of time it took before we switched. Although I will say that it only has been a couple of days I think, so we should wait for longer and see what other users have to say on the matter.

Along with the photo problems, yes I also have not had all photos load, but I cannot say if these two things are related, as they will load fine if I just reload the page. Yes, that gets annoying but if the rest of the site is loading fine for me, I can look past this annoyance. (Note, all the photos loaded fine on a newer post, the lack of loading is happening on older posts with multiple photos per post) Also to note here, I usually use my ipad for this site, and did so for the photos check, but I also have a macbook pro laptop roughly 2012 version, and both the ipad and the laptop are working fine for loading stories and the rest of the site.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

I still get the 500 error a fair bit, mostly when trying to log in
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

And overall I would say it is much worse on my phone than my computer
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
Call.Me.Master
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Call.Me.Master »

Hello everyone

I know I'm brand new to this website and have been enjoying my time on here, but I have been getting 500 error messages, internal server errors popping up when I try to navigate to a new page. I will then have to refresh the page several times to bring it back to viewable status. Also I have noticed the loading is very slow, and I know I have acceptable internet speed to bring it up quickly. I am using an android mobile device so maybe it's on my end. I was just wondering if others have been experiencing this and what we can all do to try and fix these issues.

Thank you
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

You are not the only one. I think [mention]chadmc90[/mention] is still chasing the problem up.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Deleted User 4729

Post by Deleted User 4729 »

Chad,

I love and adore you, and you know that....so I don't want this to sound like a complaint. But today is at it's peak for me, as in error messages.

Sorry, that didn’t work.
Please try again or come back later.
500 Error. Internal Server Error.

Every time I refresh, send a message, it happens. I've seen this error at least 50 times today.

But, again, sorry, it's not a complaint. Frustrating? Yes... but I know you are as well and you'll figure it out.

Thank you for maintaining TUGS. I am not really an "active" member anymore, but I still greatly appreciate the site still going.

Denver (aka DenverKidnap)
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

So, I've been doing more digging, and I believe I found potential issues with the site:
Either:
1. There is too much traffic hitting the site, and we are hitting the processing limit.
2. There is an issue with the installation of our board (which will require a fresh install to fix).

I am going to try option 2 first, which will require me to reinstall the whole board....again.

Sorry guys. I know this is frustrating, but I am looking for solutions.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Another update:

I disables a few extensions, including mChat(which no one seems to use anyways....) to see if that will eliminate some of these processes firing on the server. Hopefully this will help.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago So, I've been doing more digging, and I believe I found potential issues with the site:
Either:
1. There is too much traffic hitting the site, and we are hitting the processing limit.
2. There is an issue with the installation of our board (which will require a fresh install to fix).

I am going to try option 2 first, which will require me to reinstall the whole board....again.

Sorry guys. I know this is frustrating, but I am looking for solutions.
Thank you for all you do.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
Tiedtothelife
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tiedtothelife »

I have also suffered that problem yesterday.
You know what's better than a shirtless boy tied and gagged? A shirtless boy tied and gagged being tickled.
Deleted User 4729

Post by Deleted User 4729 »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] you are a peach.

The site runs REALLY FAST now.

Thank you <3 :)
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

I just had another 500 error :(
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Soraka wrote: 4 years ago I just had another 500 error :(
I actually haven't been getting them anymore. I wanted to give it some time before responding, but so far everything has been good on my end. If people are still having problems, let me know.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] Drawscore has reported trouble. I tried reactivating his account but it didn't work.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

What web browesr are you using [mention]Xtc[/mention]? I havent been having any issues with logging in.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Firefox
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

It had been doing better but I feel it is noticeably sluggish today
tieduptee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tieduptee »

I don’t know if it’s maybe just me...but I’m having issues with the 500 error a lot and that’s with chrome ad safari across my phone and Mac :(

I’ve also noticed the site is quite slow on pacing but then sometimes it’s fine.
Tie me up, stuff something in my mouth, wrap some tape around it and let's have some fun!

Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] Was just trying to use the site on my iPad and got an error message after an error message, the typical 500 error message that everyone has seen for some time now. I thought it would go away after I cleared my history and caches/cookies for the site, but now I can't log back in because of the 500 error message. At this point, I am sided with the people that say go back to the original site and forego the https "function" of the site.
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

I sometimes got the error 500 page the last few weeks but it didn't bother me that much because it didn't happen all the time but it happens a lot right now... Of every 5 pages I try to load approximately 1 responds with an error 500. You might want to take a look at the server logs around this time....
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

[mention]Soraka[/mention] I'm starting to think this is an issue with the webhost rather than the board. Whenever the site is acting up, there are many members online. Its not a bandwidth problem, but a process usage problem. I'm going to see if i can increase the amout of processing allowances by getting a better package. If I cant, then we may need to get a better webhost......
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Good luck, [mention]chadmc90[/mention] , the situation is obviosuly causing much frustration.
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

In case it helps some, I use Chrome and although I also get that error sometimes, the same browser usually reloads the page correctly on its own or in a second attempt of mine does it without problems.
I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic