TAGGING FORUM USERS

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TAGGING FORUM USERS

Post by bondagefreak »

The Administration team has given us a wonderful tool, and I don't see it being used that often.

The tagging system is wonderful and keeps threads cleaner.
No more extensive "quoting" to notify another user that you replied to their post(s).

All you need to do is write @ followed by the person's username (ex: @username) and the concerned individual will receive a notification.

Big thanks to our team for the useful feature!
Very practical and easy to use.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I stickied this post so more people can see.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Congratulations folks!

Several months ago I was disappointed at the fact that so few users were using @TAGs.

It's good to see so many of you using it now!
It definitely makes conversing easier and keeps threads and discussions much cleaner and easier to follow.

kevweasley
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by kevweasley »

Should start using this now :).
Mmmppphhh!!! a gagged guy is hard to find
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]kevweasley[/mention] Good! Glad to hear it ;)

Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

I’d gladly use the tagging system if it worked at all, my names in yellow and it just shows a blank panel which when typed in moves as I’d its working but no words appear.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Bandit666[/mention] This thread is about tagging users, not threads.
The tagging system is used by everyone and has been operational for over a year now.

See? I'm tagging you right now.

Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Sorry my bad, I saw the tagging while looking for somewhere to say it doesn’t work and saw this
fillipppyatochckin
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by fillipppyatochckin »

Hey, I just signed up for the forum. Just a suggestion, but you may want to rethink showing a picture of jailbait anime girls to unregistered users. Makes you look kind of weird and creepy.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

fillipppyatochckin wrote: 5 years ago Hey, I just signed up for the forum. Just a suggestion, but you may want to rethink showing a picture of jailbait anime girls to unregistered users. Makes you look kind of weird and creepy.
I don't understand what you are talking about, we are doing what?
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Hi [mention]fillipppyatochckin[/mention] ,
I have pm'd you about your concern.
May I suggest that you should have started a new thread in the "Suggestions and Comments" forum because it is a bit out of place on the "Tagging" thread.
Nevertheless, welcome aboard and I hope you will enjoy yourself here.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]Xtc[/mention] I believe he was just saying that about the avatars of our members, which is something we can’t change. I did just log off to thus become an unregistered member and saw nothing in terms of photos or tug art as it should be, except for members avatars. Tug videos and links are however viewable to unregistered members.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks [mention]Solarbeast[/mention]
I think we are fairly careful about the links we allow: I've certainly "suggested" a few that were not acceptable!
I agree about the possiblity of the problem being the avatars. Let's see what links I recieve.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

I've forgotten how we now tag users.

Someone posted the new way (something to do with " { } " quotes, I think, but i can't quite remember.
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago I've forgotten how we now tag users.

Someone posted the new way (something to do with " { } " quotes, I think, but i can't quite remember.
Yeah, simply putting "@emma" has never worked for me since I joined the new board a few weeks ago. It just shows your name in quotes. I'm not sure why it seems to work fine for some people but not others; I'm clearly not the only one posting messages with things like, "Yeah @emma that's a great point!" that are not correctly turning into the magical "mentions".

However, I discovered that you can type this (without the spaces) and it will work:

[ mention ]emma[ /mention ]

Here is an example of me writing the same thing as above, but without the spaces before/after each bracket/closing-bracket. See what it does:

[mention]emma[/mention]
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I've never gotten a notification when someone tags me like this. I have seen at least a couple of posts where I was tagged, but only because I just happened to look at the right spot.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Kyle wrote: 3 years ago I've never gotten a notification when someone tags me like this. I have seen at least a couple of posts where I was tagged, but only because I just happened to look at the right spot.
Kyle,

Make sure you have notifications enabled for mentions. It will be under User Control Panel --> Notifications.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

chadmc90 wrote: 3 years ago
Kyle wrote: 3 years ago I've never gotten a notification when someone tags me like this. I have seen at least a couple of posts where I was tagged, but only because I just happened to look at the right spot.
Kyle,

Make sure you have notifications enabled for mentions. It will be under User Control Panel --> Notifications.
That was it. I had literally everything but that one checked. I don't ever remember unchecking it, or think that I would've even touched it, but it was clear.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Kyle wrote: 3 years ago
Kyle,

That was it. I had literally everything but that one checked. I don't ever remember unchecking it, or think that I would've even touched it, but it was clear.
Good to know you got it fixed!
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Kyle wrote: 3 years ago

Kyle,

Good to know you got it fixed!
Yeah, thanks for the help. I should've checked that first.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic