Discord/Chatting Server?

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Emily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Discord/Chatting Server?

Post by Emily »

Hey, so I'm pretty new so I'm sorry if this comes across as naive. But I was wondering if anyone had thought of making a discord server for the site or using some other secondary method of chat. Both as a backup in case this place goes down, as well as a quick method of communication and a way to get to know each other. Discord is often my go-to because it tends to be disconnected with my facebook and other identifying things I wouldn't want to be seen by you peeps.

I was just wondering if anything like this exists because there's no chatbox or anything here and something like that where I can get to know people more easily, and I often have trouble remembering to check and refresh the page where it comes to PMs and the like.

Even if there's no official one, I'm down to join any server a group of y'all made - if such a thing exists.

Thanks for indulging me.
I'm inactive on this forum, rarely lurking. If you want to talk to me, you can leave a message but don't expect a timely reply. I'm active on my own private Discord and some other places. I tend not to make friend with randos, though.
SVHalley
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SVHalley »

As far as I know, there's no official Discord. And as far as I'm only a lurker, and not very active on DMs, there's no unofficial one either. I don't think there's any problem with making one - TOS for Discord is about the same as TOS for the board.

If you're up for getting a Discord going, here's a link to an empty one: https://discord.gg/VBD3pUH
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]Emily[/mention] , and [mention]SVHailey[/mention]. We have had a chat system on this site before and no one used it. At some point, we decided to get rid of it for a multitude of different reasons. As far as a Discord goes, we don't have one and [mention]chadmc90[/mention] has made his feelings strong against this sort of thing. The main reasons against it were so that we didn't split the already small and fragile community we had created for this STORY site. Overall we can't stop you from creating one but the mods will delete any posts that contain links to these sites.
Emily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Emily »

Understandable. I wasn't aware of that. I just figured it might help me make friends with some of you guys more easily than in PMs. I don't really see why there's a problem with it, or how it'll split the community, but I guess I'll abide by your wishes.

I assume there's no issue with me having a personal discord server where I invite any friends I make here to? So long as links are only posted in PMs and aren't given to people who don't ask for it.
I'm inactive on this forum, rarely lurking. If you want to talk to me, you can leave a message but don't expect a timely reply. I'm active on my own private Discord and some other places. I tend not to make friend with randos, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic