Site Upgrade/Fixes Thread

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I've disabled the text editor extension. It was causing users trouble and it was not allowing mentions to work anymore.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago I've disabled the text editor extension. It was causing users trouble and it was not allowing mentions to work anymore.
The current one works fine.
Thank you for all the hours you put into this site. very much appreciated to have an outlet for my stories.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks, Chadmc90, it must be areal pig having put the work in only to have to undo it again.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago Thanks, Chadmc90, it must be areal pig having put the work in only to have to undo it again.
No problem. Extensions take all of 5 minutes to add, so hot alot of work honestly.
ThatDino
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ThatDino »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago No problem. Extensions take all of 5 minutes to add, so hot alot of work honestly.
Hey man, don't sell yourself short. Y'all still have a big responsibility to keep all this up and running, along with support. Kudos!

Will the country flags and tagging functionality make a return in the future? Or do you have something similar planned by chance?
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago
wolfman wrote: 4 years ago
ticklescare wrote: 4 years ago Unfortunately I dont understand the update as it has caused a rather crippingling issue.  Me and one of my friends here have a long running RP, and chatting with a couple of other people I filled up the PM fold.

No fear I made an overflow folder and my settings dont release messages when the first folder is full.

But ever since this update was put in this morning I have messages that cant be released and whenever I try to move messages into a folder I get a "Invalid Form Submitted"  which I have no idea how to solve considering Im checking boxes to be moved into a folder.
Oh well Ill just delete some fluff messages.
Except even trying to DELETE messages leads to a "Invalid Form Submitted, please change form and try again etcetcetc"
Well okay, the oldest message isn't an important one.  Ill just press release messages that are on hold.

That does nothing it wants me to clear space.

So basically this upgrade (is there a way to go back to green and black this is an eyesore right now) means I can not access my PMs at all.  Which is rather annoying.  Though I can make a new account that seems like a pointless maneuver when everything was working until we suddenly got this weird update.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?  Maybe someone explained it and I just missed it

I also have the same message when trying to delete messages

This is actually a problem in the update.   I can't fix this particular issue until phpBB devs release a hotfix.  I will keep an eye out on the forums, but until then, if you need to delete a message, you will have to manually "view" each message and click the "delete" button on each.

For more info on current bugs/issues, visit https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2536701
I am really sorry to be a pain, but is there any update on this. I seem to be spending half my time on here deleting messages at the moment. I know you are very busy and hate to ask.
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
TheEngineer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheEngineer »

"Invalid form submission. Please try again."

I basically have to log in twice since it fails the first time. Not that this is a huge issue, but is there a fix?
No harm in wanting to try new things right?
Always down to chat ;)
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Is there some way for me to remove the huge banner announcing the upgrade?
Scrolling past it gets rather tiresome,
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

MaxRoper wrote: 4 years ago Is there some way for me to remove the huge banner announcing the upgrade?
Scrolling past it gets rather tiresome,
On smartphone, I found clicking on it once, showed an X in the corner, I clicked that and it seems to have stayed gone.
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Hey, it's gone!
Thank you!
tuglovernic
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tuglovernic »

Whatever happened to those bondage emoticons, like the one with the ball gag and the one that was tied up in rope? Where can I find those emoticins?
Tied and gagged at her beautiful stinky feet
Discord: Nicolaslovestugs#4090
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Yes, I was wondering about them.

Do we have someone with the talent to recreate them?
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

The secure site is down; server does not respond and request times out for connections to :443.
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

NeedControl wrote: 4 years ago The secure site is down; server does not respond and request times out for connections to :443.
Yay, it's back up now. 🎉
Egyptianboytoy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Egyptianboytoy »

For some reason I'm unable to shift PMs into a separate folder anymore. Everytime I do that it comes "form invalid try submitting again" what's happening here ?
Lorddunmore
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Lorddunmore »

Have a PM that is obviously spam, all in Russian I think.
Trying to delete it without opening. Mark the message and then scroll to bottom, change the dropdown to Delete Marked. Get error "Form submission is invalid".
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

so for the update is running very well, I dare say. I esp. appreciate the "time to read" feature!

Thanks a lot. Well done! 8-)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Nainur wrote: 3 years ago so for the update is running very well, I dare say. I esp. appreciate the "time to read" feature!
Same here. Everything running smoothly on my end.

I just hope the "time to read" feature doesn't put larger tales at a disadvantage.
I have the impression that it might prove to be an added deterrent to the many readers that fear dipping their toes into longer sagas.

In any case, thanks for the update!
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Jup, agree with the above. Update is working perfectly fine.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Tend to agree with [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] about the deterrent aspect of the 'time to read' indication.
However, I also think it better encourages the readership if we writers don't ramble on too much over any particular episode.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Looks great Johnsnow!

Two questions about the "time to read" function: it added ">>" behind the number of replies. This also happens for the "your posts" and "active topics" pages (and a few others) but the time to read is not displayed there.

Would it also be possible to turn it off for certain subforums? It does not really make semse outside the story sections of the site.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Noticed that when I log in on my phone, it sometimes log me out after just few minutes.
Tie me up and have fun with me
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]David Han[/mention] see if this works for you, delete your browsing history, cookies, and cache, but please note(this will delete your saved preferences on other sites as well). And then don’t forget to hit the remember me button before you log back in. This is the first we are hearing about this issue recently, so unfortunately, we don’t have enough information to better tell if the problem would be on our side or your side.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] is there any possibility of letting a post's datestamp and timestamp be visible next to it in the thread besides just "2 months ago" but actually say "May 9, 2023 1:17PM"?
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I tend to agree but [mention]chadmc90[/mention] decided for good reasons of his own to adopt the current format that he thought would be more popular.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic