Profile Customization

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Profile Customization

Post by TomYi »

First of all, thanks to the admins for their hard work on getting the site up to snuff.

I am wondering if we will ever be able to customize our profile pages with gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation the way that we used to? I understand that it was all the bells and whistles that added up and made the site crash, so is that even possible anymore?
Stef
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stef »

I'd love to see the flags again! :D

Maybe add gender? blue name for boys and pink for girls?
Emily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Emily »

Stef wrote: 4 years ago I'd love to see the flags again! :D

Maybe add gender? blue name for boys and pink for girls?
From what I recall of my usage with phpbb, the flags require an extension and changing name colour is more awkward. Profiles already have a location option which should be enough - not that I'd complain if flags are added.

Also, while I like pink, I'm not a massive fan of having name colours be based on gender. It's kinda... tacky. But yeah, I'd totally be for Gender and Sexuality options on user profiles. Maybe a "Bio" field too.

Further notes:
>The flag extension currently doesn't seem to currently work with phpbb 3.3.0 without some messing around. See: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/213046.
I'm inactive on this forum, rarely lurking. If you want to talk to me, you can leave a message but don't expect a timely reply. I'm active on my own private Discord and some other places. I tend not to make friend with randos, though.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

For the members that want to customize their profile like you used to be able to; Although the specific sections are gone, you can still use the edit signature aspect of your profile and customize that with your gender, sexual orientation, or whatever else you want to put in the section, as long as it does not violate the rules of this site. There is a 255 character limit in the signature and it will be seen at the bottom of every post you make on this site.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic