Live chat section

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
noggip
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Live chat section

Post by noggip »

I think it'd be cool to implement a live chatroom type section somewhere in the site where people can meet and talk quickly and freely much like other websites/forums similar to this one. Of course there'd be rules in place to ensure nobody abuses the chatroom. Definitely something worth doing as at the moment the whole site doesn't seem that alive and you'd have to constantly refresh the page for updates which makes the whole place seem flat.
Emily
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Emily »

noggip wrote: 4 years ago I think it'd be cool to implement a live chatroom type section somewhere in the site where people can meet and talk quickly and freely much like other websites/forums similar to this one. Of course there'd be rules in place to ensure nobody abuses the chatroom. Definitely something worth doing as at the moment the whole site doesn't seem that alive and you'd have to constantly refresh the page for updates which makes the whole place seem flat.
There's mchat here which could be added: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

But I think it's unlikely the admins will add it. Also, the board isn't dead, we do get new story posts each day. If you really want a live chat you could always join my unofficial tugstories discord server, I guess (it's in my signature). But that's not super active.
I'm inactive on this forum, rarely lurking. If you want to talk to me, you can leave a message but don't expect a timely reply. I'm active on my own private Discord and some other places. I tend not to make friend with randos, though.
DomTiesMen
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DomTiesMen »

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but there is this website called: https://www.chatzy.com/

You can easily make chatroom for a group or personal by whatever you want. You don't need to register or anything, just put a nickname for yourself, create a chatroom and send the link of it for the people you wanna that participate on it. The messages are all in real time and it's very good way to chat!
GMen
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by GMen »

We've had a chat room on mibbit for a number of years:

chat.mibbit.com/#tugsnet
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

At one point we had the chatroom on this site and it was going well. People were using it, but eventually, people either stopped using it or used it for at least 2 other ways. The first was roleplaying, and we already have a dedicated section on the site for that. The second was to advertise other chat sites, which is against the rules on this site and is against why we decided to put the mobile chat on this site. It made no sense to us mods as to why we should keep the chat alive if people were not using it or just using it to advertise other chat sites, so we got rid of it. (To note though, this is only to inform users as to why we don't have a chatroom and probably won't implement one again on this site.)
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks, Solarbeast, I had forgotten the nuances.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

No one ever used the chatroom we had on here.
It was a totally worthless feature.

Tugs Talk is where the chatting happens.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I am sorry, but I am not restoring the live chat feature, no one ever used it when we did have it, and it puts even more strain on the server's memory. This topic is not open to further discussion.
Locked Previous topicNext topic