PROPOSAL TO UPGRADE THE FORUM'S INTRODUCTION THREAD

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PROPOSAL TO UPGRADE THE FORUM'S INTRODUCTION THREAD

Post by bondagefreak »

I think it would be a good idea to use the much viewed "Introduce Yourself" topic as a means to encourage new members to participate more actively in the story sections.

As it stands now, most of the new members we've been getting this year seem to be leaning more towards private RPs and the M/F Picture Games (among other things). There's nothing wrong with that, but I do think it the introduction thread is the best way to influence our new membership right from the start.

New members will often use that thread to gage the community they're joining, and as it stands now, there's no invitation to support the story writing community. It's pretty much a free for all, and only a small fraction of new members are participating and commenting on the stories they read.

The form header announcement we had for a while also seemed to work.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

I think this is a great idea. I think we could also make that thread a part of the main page. I'm not very good at writing meaningful messages so if someone has a suggestion for what that first message should read, I would be happy to pass it along to the team and update the thread if we are in agreement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic