WHY IS IT . . . . .

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

WHY IS IT . . . . .

Post by drawscore »

. . . . . that I can't delete PM's?

I mark the messages I want deleted, check "delete marked messages," hit "enter," and get an error message that reads "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

Some of these messages have been retained for more than a month, despite a caution that messages will be automatically deleted after 30 days.

Drawscore
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I just saw that there was a complaint about this issue "five months'" ago. With all due respect, somebody needs to get their ass in gear, and fix this shit.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

drawscore wrote: 3 years ago I just saw that there was a complaint about this issue "five months'" ago. With all due respect, somebody needs to get their ass in gear, and fix this shit.
With all due respect, you need to be quiet and stop talking trash.

This bug has been reported more than a dozen times over the past weeks, on this very section.
Chad and the admin team have already explained what the bug was about and I've already explained what the infinitely simple workaround solution is.

But as usual, you've obviously been too busy coming up with your "wannabe snide remarks" to notice.
So I'll grant you the pleasure of sifting through endless amounts of dated threads in order to find it.

Cheers.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

The problem is not going to get fixed, unless it is brought to someone's attention. Sometimes, it takes being snide or sarcastic to drive that point home. Especially when it has gone on for as long as it has.

Drawscore
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

As usual, I see you've completely ignored the meaningful part of what I wrote.
It must be incredibly rewarding for you to keep having these intimate dialogues with yourself.

Have fun waiting for your fix then!
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]drawscore[/mention] Know that both [mention]chadmc90[/mention] and [mention]Johnsnow[/mention] have continuously looked into this problem and there is nothing we can do about it. This is a problem straight from the developer of the software we are using to run the site and it won't and can't be fixed on our end until they fix it on their end. Also, even when they fix it we don't know if it would fix the problem due to us using other programs just to run the site.
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

Drawscore, I have no problem when people bring things like this to our attention as often times we aren't aware, HOWEVER, people continuing to bring up the same issue, knowing it has been brought up before, doesn't help. Not to mention the fact that telling me or chad that we need "to get [our] ass in gear, and fix this shit." is not taken kindly (prefacing a rude remark with "all due respect" does not make the remark any less rude). Also, nobody on this site is getting paid. I have real-life stuff to worry about and I try to spend as much time as I can trying to fix stuff but I (as does chad) have other things to do and I would, on occasion, actually like to enjoy the work that our authors have spent so much time working on.

Thread locked
Reason: Duplicate Issue/Already Addressed: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=49423#p49423
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

And just to give everyone an update on the issue......there is no update. I checked the current version of phpBB in the admin panel and we are still on the latest version.

So is this problem fixed? No. When will this problem be fixed? When the phpBB devs release the next version of the forum software.

This issue has been addressed and CLERLY explained in the other threads pertaining to this issue. Any further threads about this issue will be removed immediately. We will update the board as soon as there is an update to be made.
Locked Previous topicNext topic