Gender tagging

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
ffixwarrior
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Gender tagging

Post by ffixwarrior »

I realize we’re trying to revive an old community here but something feels off with reply posts demanding gender tagging or getting locked
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

It's a rule. When you don't follow rules, there are consequences. We have it posted under guidelines, which we clearly warn everyone to read first, but it seems like people just dont care to read and follow those guidelines.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

It's easy, write the gender tag in the title and everything's fine. I honestly don't understand what's so hard to add the gender tag in the title.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
ffixwarrior
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ffixwarrior »

Thanks! Must’ve missed the guidelines earlier.

I miss the friendliness that came with the old forum with writers and mods supporting each other.

I suppose I’ll revert back to my lurker state.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

But why? I've found much friendliness and support here. As [mention]BoundJana[/mention] says, it isn't that difficult to gendertag your posts. There's perhaps a bit of overzealousness in the enforcement but the requirement is for a good reason. Please don't go away mad.
ffixwarrior
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ffixwarrior »

Perhaps I became a bit too sensitive on this matter.

From an initial POV, I thought I was helping in reviving lost stories from the old site and the first response I see is: “tag or lock.”

Now, I realize mods get the tough end of the stick in having to maintain the site and ensuring that everyone plays by the rules, but at the same time, is it so hard to write a more friendly response such as “please check the guidelines and gender tag your stories. Thanks.”

In any case, I had mostly been a lurker anyways trying to get back into a writing spirit having been inspired by folks like KP-Presents.

I suppose I’ll leave it at that.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Thanks for the reply. I completely agree that the enforcement has become rather heavy-handed.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Okay, maybe the way it was put was a bit......harsh......but at the same time we have been constantly reminding members for the past several weeks to tag stories, and I think a bit of frustration has set in.

I myself will try to be a bit less blunt and stern about how I put things, and I will get it straightened out with the mods.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

@ffixwarrior I understand the point you made and my attention was never to be unfriendly or to scare people away or turn them into lurkers.

Every input you give is greatly supported and your efforts to bring back stories from the old TUGs is greatly apprechiated, but we do have this new rule with the gender tag now and it's just very frustrating when you message the author of a story and friendly remind him to add the gender tag and he just ignores it.
At the beginning we Mods used to message the author personally via PM, but now since there are more and more people joining the site we just can't write individual messages to everyone, so we just comment the stories because it's way quicker.

And yes, we could just edit the title ourself (mod previleges and everything) but this wouldn't have a effect on the author and so he would keep forgetting the title, knowing that we mods take care of that.

So just to be clear: we, the TUGs Team, aren't trying to scare authors and active users away. We always try to be as friendly as possible, but we too are also humans and thus are lead my emotions.

So please reconsider your choice about becoming a lurker, don't take anything from us Mods personally, we only want this to be a enjoyable, fun and friendly place for everyone.
Scottstud94
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Scottstud94 »

Isn't it easier for the mods to change the title than continue to remind people to gender tag?

Then it becomes habit when people see everyone else does it.

It's super easy to gender tag so I'm in agreement with the mods here, but I see the other side.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Scottstud94 wrote: 5 years ago Isn't it easier for the mods to change the title than continue to remind people to gender tag?
That wouldn't be fair either, my friend. Think about it. That would mean the mods would have to read the entire story to find out which genders do the tying and which get tied. An impossible and torturous job, considering most of us have strict gender preferences.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Scottstud94 wrote: 5 years ago Isn't it easier for the mods to change the title than continue to remind people to gender tag?
Then it becomes habit when people see everyone else does it.
It's super easy to gender tag so I'm in agreement with the mods here, but I see the other side.
Like [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] already said, that would on one site mean that we would have to read through every story and this would require way too much time, considering that we also have to go to work/uni and have other hobbys than just spending the whole day reading TUG stories because somebody keeps forgeting the gender tag.

And as I already mentioned in my previous answer, if we Mods keep adding the gender tag indtead of the author of the story than people may start thinking:
"Why should I do myself extra work and add the gender tag, when the mods also can do it?"

Let's just say you are saving us Mods alot of time and nerves if you don't forget the gender tag.
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

Ok, gagging Jana for my chance to speak :lol: . You'll reach more readers with tags attached to your title. I can only speak for me but i tend to ignore most titles without a tag, fearing it will only be a waist of time cause the topic has the wrong content (for me offcourse). If i see the list of unread posts (under quick links) every post without a tag has very little to no chance of getting my attention.
That said (ripping the tape of Jana's mouth), it's all yours again ;)
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I feel I must support [mention]BoundJana[/mention]. Not only beccause she is "one of us" (a Mod) but because her explanation is perfectly clear. Thanks for that.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
fungirlkatie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by fungirlkatie »

Just going to throw in my opinion... It takes 2 seconds for the author to tag the story, but back on the old site when we had the sub folders for gender tags I found there was a pile of stories in the general area that were not tagged and seemed to have way more views.
Still here, still really like using scarves for bondage
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

fungirlkatie wrote: 5 years ago Just going to throw in my opinion... It takes 2 seconds for the author to tag the story, but back on the old site when we had the sub folders for gender tags I found there was a pile of stories in the general area that were not tagged and seemed to have way more views.
Yea because everyone had to click on them to figure out what genders were involved in the story. It doesn't mean untagged stories were more popular on the forum by any means. Views are essentially useless for determining the number of people following the story.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Congrats folks!
It seems that gender-tagging has finally become a standard. First time users and newly registered members are now also tagging their stuff properly. Thumbs up!
Persistence sometimes pays off.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

naomi_myself_and_i
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by naomi_myself_and_i »

So... Not to rock the boat, but how would this work with agender characters?
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

naomi_myself_and_i wrote: 5 years ago So... Not to rock the boat, but how would this work with agender characters?
We haven't figured out a explicit rule for them, but I'd say we would go for Neutrum (capital N for adult, small n for under-age).
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]naomi_myself_and_i[/mention]. Or just write it out, most people will not know what the N would mean for gender tagging or other types of tags that are not as common as male and female. For example in the photos subform of this site, we have topics where both females and males are tied up and we normally just tag it with "Both Genders" or something similar, instead of doing just F and M.
naomi_myself_and_i
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by naomi_myself_and_i »

[mention]Solarbeast[/mention] Thanks, I'll just write it out when I get that far.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic