Traverse : 01 - Scouting Tales (m+/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Traverse : 01 - Scouting Tales (m+/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

Traverse's stories
01 - Scouting Tales
Story index at the bottom

By Traverse

Monday, May 15th 2006 - 01:29:02 PM

Scout games

We played lots of games in Scouts that would lead up to someone getting tied up. After all, when you have a bunch of Boy Scouts and a bunch of knot-tying practice ropes... what would you expect?!

One night we were playing Capture The Flag in the woods behind our meeting place. We divided into two teams and the first team to get the other team's flag without getting captured would win.

You weren't supposed to tie up your prisoners because then they couldn't escape when they were tagged by one of their rescuing teammates. But we did it anyway! It was a neat trick because while the rescuer was trying to untie his teammate you got to capture HIM!

You're also supposed to find the flag by looking for it in enemy territory, but we would just capture one of their guys, tie him up, and torture him until he told us where it was. We used all kinds of tortures, but nothing really bad like red-hot irons or something like that. Tickling was a favorite. Very few prisoners could withstand a nice, long interrogation session of foot and armpit tickling! We were always able to make them talk. But we knew that when the tables were turned WE would be the ones getting worked over. We sure had a lot of fun!

Traverse
traverse67@hotmail.com

----------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 16th 2006 - 04:00:55 PM

More Scouting Tales

In the course of my Boy Scout years I belonged to four or five troops. Sometimes one would disband and sometimes we would move to a new town. But one thing I noticed was that they ALL had guys that were fascinated by tie-up games and activities. Maybe that's a pre-requisite to being a Boy Scout? ;-)

One troop was lead by an older man who had converted his basement into the troop meeting place. One corner of the basement held a smaller room that was the troop storage area and a kind of HQ for the older guys. At my first meeting I was shown the room, along with two other new boys. In the room were some chairs, a tall stool, and stacks of camping gear. The older boys showed us newbies a big wooden box that turned out to contain a magneto from a Model A Ford with a crank handle. If you held the end of the two wires that extended from the box and someone turned the crank you got a good shock. The faster the handle was turned the more powerful the shock. "Behave!" the Senior Patrol Leader told us, "Or you'll get to know Old Sparky real well!"

At the second meeting one of the regular boys, a tough little guy named Dex lipped off to the SPL and the older boy told two other older boys to take Dex into "the room." Right away Dex started yelling and struggling. "No, no, please!" But it was no use. "Take him in there and get him ready!" said the SPL. They dragged him into the store room and closed the door.

I might point out at this point that Mr. Trimble, the scout leader, would often miss most of a meeting and let the older boys run the show. As long as things were reasonably quiet and no damage was done to his basement, he didn't much care how the troop was run.

After a few minutes the SPL had us three new guys go to the door of the room. He opened it and pushed us in. Dex was sitting on the high stool. He was wearing a pair of briefs and nothing else. His feet were pulled up and tied at the ankle to the back of the stool. His arms were tied behind him at elbow and wrist and looped back over a t-shaped piece that served as the back of the stool.

The SPL made each of us hold onto the ends of Old Sparky's leads and had one of the other boys turn the crank very gently. We each jumped and yelled from the slight shock. It didn't really hurt, but really startled us. Then he told us that we'd better never lip off to him or we'd get what Dex was gonna get.

At that Dex started pleading.

"No, please! Don't! I'm sorry! I won't ever do it again! PLEASE!"

The SPL shoved us out of the room and closed the door. We were really afraid now. After a while we could Dex yelling and screaming from inside the room.

"Aaaaayyyyyyyy! Noooooooooooo! Stoppppp! Ahhhhhhhhh! PLEEEEEZE!"

After a few minutes Mr. Trimble came downstairs and wanted to know what was going on. One of the Patrol Leaders told him that Dex was being punsihed, again. He just nodded, said "Well, keep it down!" and went back upstairs. We new boys exchanged looks and decided we were gonna be very, very good.

After about ten minutes the SPL opened the door and motioned for the guys to come look. Dex was still in the chair, but he was soaking wet from sweat, his hair was plastered to his head. He was mumbling "No more! No more! Please! I'll do anything!" They untied him and let him get dressed. We were really scared.

Later Dex told us it was awful, horrible. "They really tortured me, guys!"

But one of the new boys broke the unwritten law and told his dad about what had happened to Dex. The father complained to Mr. Trimble and in the course of the "investigation" that followed it came out that it was all an act and that Dex was in on it from the beginning. It was designed to frighten the younger kids (Dex was 12 I think), and also I guess as a kind of joke.

We didn't think it was very funny, and weren't convinced that it had been an act in the first place - although it had been. Dex was a good actor! But after that we started calling the room "The Torture Chamber."

Traverse
traverse67@hotmail.com