Gillian B : 03 - Gillian's Birthday Present (*/mf)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Gillian B : 03 - Gillian's Birthday Present (*/mf)

Post by Canuck100 »

Gillian B's stories
Gillian's Birthday Present
Story index at the bottom

By Gillian B

Sun Mar 22 22:35:43 GMT Standard Time 1998
I wasn't going to post for a few days, but I have to tell you about the "presents" I received this morning.

First you need to know that today is Mothering Sunday in Britain (aka Mothers' Day - I know that happens later in the USA but we've pinched the name). Secondly you need to know that today is also my birthday (44 - to save you scrabbling through my previous postings to work it out). I think this may be the only time they coincide in my lifetime.

While I was getting dressed this morning, I could hear a a lot of giggling and stage whispers going on downstairs. I guessed that this was probably cards and presents for Mum being organised so I waited a decent interval before going down.

I went into the dining room - our usual place for cards and presents. I found the expected goodies on the table but sat on either side of it were my two children (14 and 16) both tied and gagged. The tying was fairly mininal, just football socks round ankles and wrists and hankies as gags. (The kids went through a phase of tying each other up a few years back, but haven't done so recently.) I was torn between shock and amusement.

I pulled my daughter's gag down and asked her what this was all about. It turns out that my Mum put them up to this. She had told my daughter that I had played tie up games with my brother when I was little and suggested this as a good practical joke for my birthday. Amusement was winning over shock and, for once, I managed to do some quick thinking on my feet. I had a look at their wrist bindings. My son's wrists were tied much more tightly than my daughter's (who could probably have pulled her hands free) and I deduced that she had tied his wrists behind his back, then he had tied hers with his own already tied - and made a surprisingly good job of it. I started to untie the knot on my daughter's wrist binding than paused and said, "No, I'll unwrap my presents later." Then I jerked the binding tight and retied the knot. She got as far as an outraged "Mum!" before I pulled her gag back up.

I went into the kitchen, trying very hard not to have a fit of the giggles as I went. I banged about in the kitchen, putting the kettle on and getting breakfast things out, while all the time keeping an ear out for the children. There was a lot of grunting and muffled discussion going on (the gags weren't very effective) and eventually a loud bang - which I went to investigate. The bang turned out to be a chair being kicked over, but no-one was hurt and they had manoeuvred themselves back-to-back on the floor and were trying to get each other loose. "Breakfast in five minutes," I said helpfully.

Less than five minutes later, I was confronted in the kitchen by two untied but distinctly miffed children. A family hug and a good laugh together cleared the air. My husband showed up after this and was baffled by the whole thing - a reasonable response, I suppose. I shall have to have words with my Mum though.