dudalb : 28 - College Charity Abduction (mmff/F)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

dudalb : 28 - College Charity Abduction (mmff/F)

Post by Canuck100 »

dudalb's stories
28 - College Charity Abduction
Story index at the bottom

By dudalb

Sunday June 21st 1998 05:15:00

In College, I planned the abduction and ransom of one of my instructors..Don’t worry, the victim was willing and it was for charity.

One College dean was an immigrant from England and occasionally tried to incorporate English university ideas into our very American campus. usually the ideas flopped. But one idea that worked was to take our annual Animal House day celebration and turn in something useful for charity......An Americanized version of the British Rags mentioned in previous posting. A formal Parade was not involved, and most of the events were held at a large park which bordered the campus. The idea was that the normal hijinks and mischief would take place, but money would be collected for charity.

One of my Instructors was one of those individuals to whom God had been very good. She was about 33 Years old and drop dead beautiful. Blonde, and although the facial features were different, very Michelle Pffieferesque. As if this wasn’t enough she had a mind to match her looks. The fact that she at that age had gotten a college post in the very competitive academic market showed how smart she was. I don’t know her IQ but s couple of times I noted she was carrying a copy of the MENSA Newsletter.

There was one area in which God had not been kind. She was terribly nearsighted, and hated contact lenses. She wore large steel frame glasses. To me this actually added to her appeal.. And on top of this, she had a warm, outgoing personality which made it impossible to hate her for all the above good luck. Impossible, except for her fellow instructors. Anyone who’s been to college and heard their professors in unguarded moments knows how cutthroat. academic politics are. I think that because Dr. Jones (very fictitious name for the above instructor) had gotten the post at an early age caused resentment. And her extreme good looks caused of course rumors that she got the post by sleeping her way to the top. This was nonsense. It was a State university and all positions were filled by an board, not an individual. And her credentials were impeccable. Magna Cum Laude from a major university, Straight 4.0 average. awards, etc. But jealousy and malice can always overcome logic and common sense.

To show how bad it got: She was from Texas and had the full accent and made no attempt to drop it. This lead to a rumor she was a bigot. Ironically it was her afro -American students and fellow instructors who came militantly to her defense. But it show how far resentment will go. Because of this she threw herself into non academic college activities to make herself acceppted. Fundraiser, community projects, etc. So when the plans for the charity \ Animal house day was announced. she ask the student association for her department (Of which I was a member) for ideas of how she could help us raise money and win the prize. I of course, as those you who have read my post on Canuck’s childhood teenage page know I would, had thought on several occasions of how Nice Prof. Jones would look bound and gagged. (Nothing personal, I really liked her as a teacher(she was a very good one) and as an indivdual.) But I wrote this off as unlikely to happen. BUt Now I saw an opportnuity. Why not play a grown up version of one of the kidnapping games we played as kids? With a real ransom going to charity?

By this time I was heavily into military history and decided to use strategy. First I contacted the Pres. Of the students group. who happened to be a women-and proposed the idea. She had a sense of humor and thought it would be unique. together we approached Dr. Jones about “kidnapping “Her for charity. After a discussion of what was involved she agreed. As a first step Dr. Jones agreed to contact the campus police and the Sheriff’s department and tell them what was to happen to avoid misunderstandings. The Sheriff ended up giving us some advice.Like many Police departments, they had taken part in charity drives by “arresting” well known citizen and putting them in jail until “Bail” was raised(Of course the citizens were volunteers.This is a pretty common charity event in the States-usually with a local T.V. or radio station providing publicity)He promised that the deputies on duty that day would be instructed not to interfere.We got the same promise from he campus police. We explained to Dr; Jones that she would be bound and gagged for a good portion of her captivity, and much of it would be in public.We told her we would have rehearsals to be sure she would be OK during the kidnapping. She was a very good sport about it, and seemed to see it as a act of defiance to some of the hostile faculty member

A couple of evenings before the kidnapping we had a rehearsal. The main purpose was to insure that our victim would be bound in such a way as to insure a minimum of discomfort. To look real it had to be real, but not so real as to cause pain. It went smoothly. Animal House day dawned. It was a day when the campus went wild. every club had a skit or game of some sort, and a lot of campus regulation were ignored.The name of course was from the Film beloved of all U.S. College students, and the only thing missing on our campus was the late, great, John Belushi. The deans idea was to turn this into an event that would raise money for good causes. As long as it didn’t intefere with the fun,the students agreed.

After engaging in a ritual food fight, the Kidnap team carefully composed of two boys and two girls assembeled. Our weapons were supersoakers, brightly painted in outrageous colors to prevent anyone from getting the idea they were real weapons. We were dressed in a variety of clothes and we all had on those phony phony big nose, big mustache, big eyeglasses masks.The whole idea was to convince everybody that this was what it was...a Animal House day stunt. Dr. Jones offices were in some temporary building on one side of the campus while the main building were being remodeled. It was easy to sneak in..not to fool Dr.Jones, but to keep some other faculty member from freaking.Most of them had cancelled classes that day any way,knowing their attendance would be null. Dr.Jones was in her office talking with another faculty member one of the ones who was on her side. We decided to take a chance and improvise..We burst in, Supersoakers at the ready, announced this was a kidnapping. (If you think a lot of college games are slightly more elaborate versions of kids games, you’re right.)We told the other faculty member to stand in the corner and be quiet. She looked surprised but Dr. Jones told her it a prearranged stunt for charity. and the other faculty member obliged.

Dr. Jones had been warned to wear old comfortable clothes, and she had on a pair of slacks and, the morning being a little chilly, Dallas Cowboys long sleeved jersey. (one of her few flaws in my opinion was that she supported the Dallas Cowboys, a foot ball team I despised -and continue to hate.) I pulled her wrists behind her, crossed them and proceeded to tie them with soft clothesline. I was careful to make the knots tight enough to hold her but loose enough to allow circulation. One of the girl kidnappers pulled out a strip of adhesive tape and gagged her with it. (We had tested two or three gags on her and she found this one the most comfortable.)We than hustled her out the door,telling the other faculty member to count to ten then scream her head off if she wished. (We wished she would, at this point the more publicity the better.) We headed across the campus toward her class room the place where the hostage would be held. A couple of campus police, having been warned in advance stood by and just grinned. It wasn’t long before a crowd begun following us. To see a beautiful women hauled bound and gagged across the Quad was not something you saw everyday. The photographer for the School paper (we had dropped a few hints in advance.) took a photo. A few fellow instructors at first thought it was a student but when they recognized her their mouths fell open. Dr, Jones Saw this and I could hear her giggling through her gag. We reached the Class room took her inside and sat her on the instructor’s chair. Her ankles were bound together and her upper body lashed to the chair.

TO BE CONTINUED
Last edited by Canuck100 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Monday June 22nd 1998 06:33:00

So far the only mishap in the kidnapping was that Dr Jones glasses had fallen off at one point. One of her kidnappers had caught them before they hit the ground and decided to hold them for Dr.Jones. One of her female captors gently took her by the arm and guided her to the classroom. (Yes her eyesight without her glasses was really that bad.If we were really kidnapping her we wouldn’t have to blindfold her; just taking off her glasses would do the job just as well.) As soon as our captive was securely tied to her chair we put her glasses back on her and she was well and truly kidnapped.

At this point the rest of the member of the student association went into action. in the rehearsal a photo had been taken of Dr;jones bound and gagged to her chair. Photographer on the college newspaper had printed it and blown the photo up so that Several poster now went up with a student standing by them with a bucket.The caption stated “ If you want to see Dr;Jones in one piece again contribute to her Ransom, All ransom money going to charity.” The buckets begun to fill. (In the two years she had taught there Dr. Jones had become a student favorite-and not just because of her looks.) Now the dean came in to the building and requested to see the prisoner. He had been told of the abduction but had not quite expected the Stephen Spielberg-James Cameron production we had made of it. He was shown in, Dr. Jones ungagged and she assured the dean she was a voluntary captive, the circulation in her wrists was fine. being tied to a chair was not the most comfortable position in the world but it was all for a good cause.,etc.etc.etc. Reassured the dean left, mumbling something about he would never understand wither American students or professors, and allowed the kidnapping to go on.

For most of the rest of her captivity Dr. Jones was left ungagged. The only time we retaped her mouth was when the College paper came in for more photos. BY now the initial count of money seemed to indicate we had the competing groups slaughtered. The only real competition was a dunking tank where for a dollar you could try to dunk a professor, and it wasn’t even close. The head of the theater department came in looked on the captive, congratulated us on our sense of theater, and said he would be glad to have un help in the theater program.

At noon, one of Dr. Jones friends ordered a couple of pizzas sent up in best Dog Day Afternoon style.We untied Dr. Jones hands for lunch. One of the kidnappers (ok, guilty), couldn’t resist doing the Al Pacino “Attica,Attica”bit from Dog Day Afternoon.Dr;Jones hands were retied and about two o clock we decided it was time to free the captive, our fund raising victory assured. We regagged Dr.Jones,lifted Dr. Jones chair, took it out to in front of the building, announced the ransom had been paid, and untied her. We raised over a thousand dollars for charity..

As far as raising money went, the kidnapping was an enormous sucess. We won the competition easily,and celebrated at the toga party(what else) that same night. Dr. Jones did stop by for about an hour. She even asked for one of the ransom posters as a souvenir.

American Grafitti type epilogue: I lost touch with Dr. Jones after I graduated.,but about 13 months ago I was at a Civil War reenactment. I had the command of a cannon and had just supervised getting it in position when I heard in a Texas drawl (a little out of place in an Union battery) “Say Yankee, didn’t you abduct me a few years back”? I turned around and I recognized Dr. Jones immediately. She was still stunningly attractive.Her hair was in a Hilary Clinton type cut intend of the long hair she wore at the time of the kidnapping but other than that she was had changed only slightly. She had a five year old girl with her. obviously her daughter.

We went over to a concession stand and had a coffee while we got caught up on news. She had resigned her post a couple of years before, pretty disgusted with academic politics. She said it was the toughest decision she ever made. She loved teaching but could not take the B.S. any longer.(Being from Texas, she could use some pretty earthy terms when she wanted to.)She now had a consulting firm of her own and had just landed a very good contract.. She had the best little girl in the world, a great husband, and Was I married? As if on cue my wife came over the hill from the Confederate hospital. (That’s right. My wife and I are( on opposite sides.) My wife came over and I introduced her.

”So you are the Professor my husband and his pals Kidnapped” my wife said. We ended up exchanging e mail addresses. and Dr Jones and I correspond about two or three times a month. it’s a happy ending for Dr. Jones I guess, but not for the college system. If our colleges can drive someone like Dr. Jones our there is something very rotten in Denmark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic