Tom Ford : 34 - A Couple of Answers to Questions Asked

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Tom Ford : 34 - A Couple of Answers to Questions Asked

Post by Canuck100 »

Tom Ford's stories
34 - A Couple of Answers to Questions Asked
Story index at the bottom

By Tom Ford

Saturday, August 17th 2002 - 01:34:37 AM

A Couple of Answers to Questions Asked

To the one who asked about our ages. We're all around 9 or 10. David, Andrew, Robert, Jerry, Chester and Jay were 10, while Frank, Angela, Donald and myself were 9 at that time.Those were the ones who can be tied up. As for the younger ones, Henry, Betty, Maggie and Nancy were 8, Barney and Ben were 7, John, Harvey and Lucy were six and Lawrence was 5.

To PH Sweden's #1 fan

To answer your question, I would like to say that at our ages, boys and girls are mortal enemies. Well, not really, but sometimes, we got very annoyed with them. This was the age were boys are strong while girls are weak, or otherwise. We of course outgrew these childish attitudes as we grew older, when girls began to look attractive but when we were kids, well let's just say that boys are boys and girls are girls. We had several experiences that I didn't mention, when we were very young, I think I was six or seven, when some of the girls invited themselves to a very rough game that we played in our yard. I don't remember the game, it was years ago and I didn't have my diary back then, but when it was all over, some of them whined, others cried while others just couldn't take it. Us boys of course teased them, and they never joined us in any of our rough games after that. That incident probably colored our views of girls. We then ridiculed everything they did, like play dolls, and other girly things. We always teased them, but unlike games, they were adept at it as we were. They challenged us several times to our rough games, and they always got stumped by us. Anyway, after those incidences, we tried to exclude the girls in our games, because of our "they can't take it" attitude.

Another reason why we prefer to exclude girls is because there are more boys than girls our age. Maybe if I was the only boy or there are only two boys maybe we will always play with girls with less rough stuff. But since there are many boys, and we always prefer to play very rough games - after some of this games there was inevitably somebody who was wounded, or hurt or many of us were pushed around, yet we all took it astride, taking it as a measure on how tough we are. Of course, as I said above, girls either avoided our games or when they do, they spoil the game by their whining.

As for tie up games, I already told you how it started. Our attitudes extended to our tie up games. And it was especially reinforced by Cathy and Nancy's reaction when they were first involved in our games. As for Angela, it was a different case. She was brilliant and shrewd and she managed to slip into our games by means I already mentioned in some of my stories back in June. And another thing, remember the nine year old rule of my father? Well, Angela was the only girl that was nine years old at the time close to us.

Well, Angela changed our attitudes toward girls but that was not an overnight change. She proved to be as shrewd and cunning as Andrew, and she showed it several times. Still, Some of us (like Andrew) haven't fully accepted her into our group. This was shown by my brother's attempts to exclude her in some of our tie up games when we do not need her to win. Angela at the same time tried to join us in every game possible where there was a potential for a tie-up game. When she was excluded she didn't complain but in return, if she was able to join us we wouldn't try to exclude her. In a sense it soon became a duel between Andrew and Angela. And there were many attempts in later stories where Andrew and Angela tried to outdo each other. Of course, no one disputes her being a member of the battle between Andrew, Robert, Jerry, and David vs. Donald, Frank and myself where Angela is part of our team. I for that matter welcomed her help, and enjoyed her being part of us. But as I said, in our other games, Andrew tried to exclude her or any other girl for that matter, and the rest of us didn't care if she was there or not, at this stage anyway.

But to make matters clear so that my above statements won't be misunderstood or misconstrued, outside our very rough games, occasional teasing, and some tie-up games, our relationship with the girls that time was good. It was just we still had the attitude that "girls can't take it", that they might ruin our game because of their alleged peevishness or weakness that we sometimes exclude them, not because we dislike them. At some games that were not rough, there was no objection to them joining us. We enjoyed their company, although we always teased each other, and sometimes we acted like complete jerks.

Another thing. You should probably wait and read my stories when it reaches 1967. For then, Betty, Maggie and Nancy would be nine and thus be eligible to participate in our games. You should read how they were able to join us, and how they maneuvered Andrew to let them join us and finally accepted the logic of girls fully participating in every game. It would be very interesting.

And to the one who asked. Looking back from today, well I think her feet were cute. But back then, I just wanted to tickle her.

Tom Ford