Tienteaser : 01 - Bondage Tutorials - Wrap & Cinch (tutorial)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Tienteaser : 01 - Bondage Tutorials - Wrap & Cinch (tutorial)

Post by Canuck100 »

Tienteaser's stories
01 - Bondage Tutorials - Wrap & Cinch
Story index at the bottom

By Tienteaser

Friday, March 4th 2005 - 07:29:34 PM

Bondage Tutorials - Wrap & Cinch

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but I thought I might post a little bit about some of the technical details of tying someone up. I'll start with one of the simplest things, then if there's interest I'll see about others.

One warning: it's sometimes VERY difficult to describe bondage in a text-only format like this. So if anything isn't crystal clear, or if you try something and it doesn't work the way it's described, please post a question and I'll try to clarify. And of course my email is always open.

I'm starting with one of the most basic, yet most useful ties. Bondage riggers (people who design and build bondage ties) call it the "wrap and cinch" for reasons that become obvious soon. There are two basic versions of this tie. The one I'm about to describe was developed by a woman named Paula Klaw. The other was developed in Japanese bondage, and I'll describe it if there's interest in this.

Fans of this site have probably heard of Bettie Page, and may have seen the bondage photos that she appeared in back in the 1950s. Most of those photos were taken by a New York photographer named Irving Klaw. But what many people don't know is that Irving was not the one who tied Bettie up. That was handled by Irving's wife, Paula.

So without further ado, the Paula Klaw Wrap & Cinch...

Take a single length of rope. The length of the rope depends somewhat on what you're tying and what else you plan to do, but for a basic wrap and cinch on a normal person's wrists you'll want 6 to 8 feet of rope.

1) Have your "victim" put his or her wrists together in front. The wrists shouldn't touch - you should have a half-inch to an inch between them. (TIP: Have your victim hold a small book between his or her hands. That should put the wrists the right distance apart.

2) Fold the rope in half so the free ends are together and even. This is a trick for finding the middle of the rope - it will be the loop at the other end of the folded rope. Grab the middle of the rope and let the ends hang loose, then drape the middle of the rope across your victim's wrists so the ends hang down on either side.

3) Begin wrapping the rope evenly around your victim's wrists. If you draped it right then the two ends should wrap in opposite directions. These are the "wraps" or "wrapping turns" that make this a "wrap and cinch." DONT PULL THE WRAPPING TURNS TIGHT. You'll tighten them up in the next step. Lay them neatly and firmly, but not tightly, around the wrists. When you have just about enough rope to go around one more time in each direction, and in any case when the band of rope on your victim's wrists is about three fingers wide, go on to the next step.

4) Now you're about to do the "cinching turns" that make this tie work. The cinching turns run BETWEEN the wrists, 90 degrees to the wrapping turns. They allow you to tighten the tie up just enough without tightening it too much. This is the only complicated part, so I'll try to be clear. The important part is that in order to put the cinching turns between the wrists you have to change the direction in which you wrap the rope.

If you've done everything right so far then your victim should have a band of rope going around his or her wrists and a foot or so of rope hanging loose on either side. Now to change direction 90 degrees. Take those loose ends and bring them across the wrists underneath to the middle. Now you know how, when you're tying up a package, you wrap the string around one way and then bring the strings together and cross them around each other to wrap across the other way? That's just what you do with this rope. Hook the free ends around each other so the rope turns 90 degrees and starts running between the wrists instead of across them. Then make a couple of cinching turns between the wrists, around the wrapping turns.

5) Now to tighten it all up snug and fasten it. Pull on the ends gently to tighten up the cinching turns, until your victim tells you it's just tight enough. Now tie a square knot to secure the ropes and your done! You should have a wide band of wrapping turns around the wrists and a couple of cinching turns between them. That's the wrap and cinch!

You can use this tie on wrists, ankles, knees - just about any two things that you can lay parallel and bring together. For ankles you'll need about 8 to 10 feet of rope, and for knees you'll need about 12 to 15 feet.

So give this a try, and if I've left anything out, let me know!

Tienteaser
tienteaser@yahoo.com
California, USA