Tagging Guidelines (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This section contains the introductions thread as well as the forum rules and tips for story writing!
Warning: All users are responsible for reading the site rules. Failure to read the rules does NOT exclude you or your posts from disciplinary actions.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tagging Guidelines (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by chadmc90 »

Hello,

Before you submit a story, TUG picture/video/art topic, be sure to place the gender tag on each one after the title.

Example Title (<gender of people doing the tying>/<gender of people being tied>)

For self bondage, or visual media depicting only the tied person, just post the gender of the tied person. On stories, also indicate its self bondage.

Say your story is named "My friends sleepover." the topic title would look like this for two guys involved in the tie up:

My Friends Sleepover (M/M)

You will be notified of the rules if these topics do not conform to the rules.
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

Fine, but I see no edit function to change the title of my story. Is there a tool I haven't seen?
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
KP Presents
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KP Presents »

MisterMistoffelees wrote: 6 years ago Fine, but I see no edit function to change the title of my story. Is there a tool I haven't seen?
Yeah - the Edit button has disappeared for me as well...
Read stories of ordinary women in peril at www.kppresents.com
TiedNW
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedNW »

Good idea. I have two suggestions

1. Put the tag in front, that’s easier to see.

2. As some people write about minors and others don’t want to read that (like me), use capital letters for adults and small letters for minors. So (M/M) is adult males, (f/f) is female children.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Uggh, I finally fixed it.

All Users that have made more than two posts should be able to edit their own posts. Sorry about that issue.
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

The first dead lift of a new site is tough. Hang in there.
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
KP Presents
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KP Presents »

Yeah, i figured it was one of those annoying bugs that happens. I've updated my stories now.
Read stories of ordinary women in peril at www.kppresents.com
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks, KP.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I would recommend that "participants" be labeled as "M" and "F" for male and female 18 or older, and "m" and "f" for male and female under 18.

Drawscore
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I would agree but it makes it difficult for stories like frejaceleste862's current one. I suppose (M/F & m/f) would be in order. Ultimately, I wouldn't be too fussy but think that people might find it useful.
LordNelson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by LordNelson »

Another glitch. It seems that there are no valid formats for pictures. I have tried to post .jpg, .png, etc. and none are accepted.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

The attachment function does seem to have a lower limit than previously, but I can still use it, as you can see below.
How large were the pictures you attempted to attach?
Comeuppance FB A024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordNelson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by LordNelson »

Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago How large were the pictures you attempted to attach?
Comeuppance FB A024.jpg
I am trying to put a picture into a private message and it won't allow it. The size doesn't matter, the error message says that jpg. is not allowed and I get the same message for any type of image format.

I just tried a picture here and it allows it but I can't put the same picture into a message. Also I was able to put a picture into a story posting.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Suggest you pm Chad.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

LordNelson wrote: 6 years ago
Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago How large were the pictures you attempted to attach?
Comeuppance FB A024.jpg
I am trying to put a picture into a private message and it won't allow it. The size doesn't matter, the error message says that jpg. is not allowed and I get the same message for any type of image format.

I just tried a picture here and it allows it but I can't put the same picture into a message. Also I was able to put a picture into a story posting.
Oh. you didn't specify PMs the first time. I thought you meant in general. And you're right; though i didn't even get a message. It simply let me add the file but it doesn't show in the submission hat i even tried. Weird.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I will be posting an announcement soon, but we've decided to NOT allow attaching images in PMs. The reason for this is because, like anything being attached on the website, the images get uploaded to the server, and given that some of the pics that have been uploaded in the past have been....questionable....we don't want to risk someone uploading illegal content on the servers.

Sorry, but it ONLY takes a few bad apples to ruin a whole batch.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago
Sorry, but it takes a few bad apples to ruin a whole batch.
I think you need to inject the word 'only' in between 'it' and 'takes' to get across the proper meaning.
Sorry; twenty years working as an editor for a living tends to make for a few hard-to-resist bad habits. :geek:
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I suggest that, if people want to swap pics, that they swap e-mails via pms.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago
chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago
Sorry, but it takes a few bad apples to ruin a whole batch.
I think you need to inject the word 'only' in between 'it' and 'takes' to get across the proper meaning.
Sorry; twenty years working as an editor for a living tends to make for a few hard-to-resist bad habits. :geek:
:roll:
hb54
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by hb54 »

There are som suggestions on here, but it is difficult to knew which suggestions who are acsepted. I ask admin to update the first post to be the last vertion of the guidelines and put the date of last version on too.
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Why are some stories missing the tags?
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

If you notice any stories that are missing them, then you should report them so we can deal with it easier.
Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

I've got a few more questions about gender-tagging:
1. What about transgenders?
2. What if the gender doesn't matter or is deliberately undefined? E.g. suppose a story in first person view with the person doing selfbondage or a story about a session where the narrator is blindfolded and cannot see the other characters? The story may be written in a way so that the reader can choose what gender a character has, i.e. it's up to their imagination.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

1. What about transgenders? Surely a trans woman is a woman and a trans man is a man or have I missed apoint here?

2. What if the gender doesn't matter or is deliberately undefined? E.g. suppose a story in first person view with the person doing selfbondage or a story about a session where the narrator is blindfolded and cannot see the other characters? The story may be written in a way so that the reader can choose what gender a character has, i.e. it's up to their imagination. Suggest ?/M or ?/F
Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

1. Yeah, but what's the accepted abbreviation? Using M or F might irritate people, because their gender identity is different than their assigned sex. I don't know if people are confused when they read about a person behaving and dressing like a woman all story long and suddenly the reader finds out she's got a penis. I mean not all transgenders are immediately undergoing surgery and become fully transformed. So do we use MTF (male to female) and FTM or sth? Or do we stick with M or F referring to the gender identity and not to the biological sex?
2. Okay, deal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic