Some Parts from the old site are Now Retrievable

If you are having trouble finding an old story and remember the title, author, and/or a description someone might be able to help track it down!

Moderator: Archiver

EzraMarubayashi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by EzraMarubayashi »

[quote=Soraka post_id=7202 time=1526461507 user_id=623]

http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=820

There's a huge difference between Erika and Erica ;)
Took me a lot more time to find XD
[/quote]

Sorry about that. Thanks a lot!!
unknown
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by unknown »

[quote=Soraka post_id=7046 time=1526323659 user_id=623]
[quote=unknown post_id=6951 time=1526261630 user_id=1081]
Hey. Could anyone help retrieve one of my stories? The title was Weekend From Hell and I started posting it about a year or so ago on the old site. It was originally posted in the M/M fiction section but was eventually moved to main fiction page below all of m/m and f/m categories. I finished the story but I was thinking about continuing it before the site went down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: This is the same username I used on the old site.
[/quote]

I wasn't able to find your story, the page was captured by the wayback machine after the board went offline,
I did find one of your other stories, http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7045#p7045
[/quote]

Thank you for finding this! And thanks for trying to find the other story! If the "weekend from hell" story is gone I suppose no one would be able to find my story Nowhere To Go? I think I started it around the same time or maybe before the weekend from hell story. I posted it in the F/M fiction forum.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

unknown wrote: 5 years ago If the "weekend from hell" story is gone I suppose no one would be able to find my story Nowhere To Go? I think I started it around the same time or maybe before the weekend from hell story. I posted it in the F/M fiction forum.
I found a page indexing it, but clicking on it (or indeed any story I tried clicking on listed there) produces no result. Sorry.
mm123
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mm123 »

For some reason none of the links in this thread are working for me. I am requesting as a favour that someone else would retrieve the links to these stories for me from the old site if possible, and potentially convert them into a more readable format. I know its a lot to ask for, but I would be very grateful if someone were to do it.

- Teen Timeout (ff/m) -Fictional by infmed
- Sibling Tutor Session (ff/m) -Fictional by infmed
- Bound at the Beach (f+/m+) -Fictional by infmed
- A day at the pool...almost (ff/m) -True by infmed

- Captive to mom's friend (f/fm) -Fictional 17+
- Scarlett (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Step mom (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Caught by the angry neighbour (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Friday Night (fff/f) by Septimus -Fictional 17+
- Mom's flipped (f/fm) - Fictional 17+
- Scout in trouble (f/m) -More intimate TUGs
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=mm123 post_id=7728 time=1527127147 user_id=217]
For some reason none of the links in this thread are working for me. I am requesting as a favour that someone else would retrieve the links to these stories for me from the old site if possible, and potentially convert them into a more readable format. I know its a lot to ask for, but I would be very grateful if someone were to do it.

- Teen Timeout (ff/m) -Fictional by infmed
- Sibling Tutor Session (ff/m) -Fictional by infmed
- Bound at the Beach (f+/m+) -Fictional by infmed
- A day at the pool...almost (ff/m) -True by infmed

- Captive to mom's friend (f/fm) -Fictional 17+
- Scarlett (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Step mom (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Caught by the angry neighbour (f/m) -Fictional 17+
- Friday Night (fff/f) by Septimus -Fictional 17+
- Mom's flipped (f/fm) - Fictional 17+
- Scout in trouble (f/m) -More intimate TUGs
[/quote]

Teen Time Out: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=874
Sibling Tutor Session: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7823#p7823
Beach Volleyball: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=875
A day at the pool: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7814#p7814
Step mom: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7836#p7836
Friday night: http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7842#p7842
Mom's flipped (first 4 parts): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7847#p7847

Please mention it if you're not sure about the title. I tried to run a search on Teen timeout, but didn't get any hits because the story was called Teen Time Out. I couldn't found bound at the beach, but found something by the same author that took place on the beach so I posted that instead.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

If you have a chance, could you try to find stories with “Zoe” as a character? There shouldn’t be too many of them... thanks!
Deleted User 715

Post by Deleted User 715 »

[quote=Canuck100 post_id=7854 time=1527201315 user_id=90]
If you have a chance, could you try to find stories with “Zoe” as a character? There shouldn’t be too many of them... thanks!
[/quote]

I have stories with a "Zoe"...
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[/quote]

This one?
http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7924#p7924
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

[quote=Soraka post_id=7925 time=1527276770 user_id=623]
[/quote]

This one?
http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7924#p7924
[/quote]
Yes, exactly. Thank you so much.
herdfaninrva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by herdfaninrva »

Can you retrieve any of Bondage Mother's or Vivisslavegirl's posts that don't violate current posting rules? Thanks!
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=herdfaninrva post_id=8174 time=1527518410 user_id=464]
Can you retrieve any of Bondage Mother's or Vivisslavegirl's posts that don't violate current posting rules? Thanks!
[/quote]

Sorry, couldn't find any stories posted by them :(
xxxyyyxxxyyy
Lurker

Post by xxxyyyxxxyyy »

Can I find the story titled "Kennel for Teenage Boys" or something like that? It was written by Jason Toddman and was probably classified under Fictional M/M stories. The link is http://www.tieupgames.net/viewtopic.php?t=8667.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

TheDestructiveDonut wrote: 5 years ago Can I find the story titled "Kennel for Teenage Boys" or something like that? It was written by Jason Toddman and was probably classified under Fictional M/M stories. The link is http://www.tieupgames.net/viewtopic.php?t=8667.
I have it (and every other story i ever posted at the old site) and I plan to post it here as well eventually.
Leberkassemmel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Leberkassemmel »

I do own a backup of every thread and topic i could easily crawl from November 2017.

They are a bit messed up, because phpBB added session ids to everything, but that backup should contain every story, just not easily accessable.

Do I have permission to upload it and publish a link to it?
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago I do own a backup of every thread and topic i could easily crawl from November 2017.

They are a bit messed up, because phpBB added session ids to everything, but that backup should contain every story, just not easily accessable.

Do I have permission to upload it and publish a link to it?
As far as I am concerned the answer is a big "YES!" to both. That's pretty much what several of us have been trying to do anyway.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago Okey dokey! Here you go.

https://archive.org/details/Tieupgames.netArchive
This comes out in a file format I am unfamiliar with, and i cannot open what i downloaded. What program is required to open it?
Leberkassemmel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Leberkassemmel »

They are just regular html pages. If your browser does not want to display them, add a ".html" in the end.

Also the pages still depend on stuff stored on the old site, so it might take some time for those requests to timeout. Disconnecting the internet helps, as the requests timeout immediately.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago They are just regular html pages. If your browser does not want to display them, add a ".html" in the end.

Also the pages still depend on stuff stored on the old site, so it might take some time for those requests to timeout. Disconnecting the internet helps, as the requests timeout immediately.
All that did was take me to a blank IE page that does absolutely nothing.
Leberkassemmel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Leberkassemmel »

Jason Toddman wrote: 5 years ago
Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago They are just regular html pages. If your browser does not want to display them, add a ".html" in the end.

You should get a tarball compressed with gzip. You can decompress and unpack it with 7zip.

In there there should be a lot of viewtopic.php files, all with different ends. Those are just html files and every browser, even IE should be able to open them.

The loading of the page will take ages, unless you disconnect your internet, because it tries to grab files from a website that isn't there.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago
Jason Toddman wrote: 5 years ago

You should get a tarball compressed with gzip. You can decompress and unpack it with 7zip.

In there there should be a lot of viewtopic.php files, all with different ends. Those are just html files and every browser, even IE should be able to open them.

The loading of the page will take ages, unless you disconnect your internet, because it tries to grab files from a website that isn't there.
I did get the tarball and the gz tab, but didn't know it was a zipped file because it was labelled gz instead of gzip, and gz meant nothing to me.
Okay, I'll try unzipping it later tonight when I'm not otherwise occupied in case it slows my computer down. Thanks.
chloroformmeplease
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by chloroformmeplease »

It's too bad you can't access all of the old stories. I went in and saved as many as I could access of my old stories. I can't see them all because a page comes up and says they were not all properly archived. It was nice to see some of the old ones nonetheless.
She tied me to my bed and said I am going to leave you here 24 hours by yourself. I will yell and my neighbors will help me. No you won't because you'll be gagged she said and then she gagged me with a ball gag harness as tight as she could make it.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chloroformmeplease wrote: 5 years ago It's too bad you can't access all of the old stories. I went in and saved as many as I could access of my old stories. I can't see them all because a page comes up and says they were not all properly archived. It was nice to see some of the old ones nonetheless.
Sounds like you are getting the same results I've been getting by other means anyway.
Meanwhile, I can't seem to get the gzip to unzip even using 7zip. Maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but it sounds to me that what results is no different than what i have managed to access using the Wayback machine program.
Leberkassemmel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Leberkassemmel »

I updated the archive to have a zip file. Those should not cause so much trouble to decompress.

I also wrote a small web server that can be run with the run_ file.
When it is running you can just connect to it with your browser, and browse around. Links should work there too.

I tested it on Mac and Linux, I don't know if it works on Windows. I compiled it for Windows, but the testing has to wait for tomorrow.

The golang source code is in the zip file, if you want to tinker with it. To compile it, nothing special is needed other than stock golang. I may put it on GitHub some other time.
Leberkassemmel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Leberkassemmel »

I updated it once again. It seems like Windows does not like question marks in the file names.

Extract the zip, and run run_windows.bat

The rest should work without problems.
Locked Previous topicNext topic