Some Parts from the old site are Now Retrievable

If you are having trouble finding an old story and remember the title, author, and/or a description someone might be able to help track it down!

Moderator: Archiver

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Leberkassemmel wrote: 5 years ago I updated it once again. It seems like Windows does not like question marks in the file names.

Extract the zip, and run run_windows.bat

The rest should work without problems.
Thanks, but personally I think I'll pass this time. My previous attempt seems to have added some persistent ad for unwanted antivirus software that wouldn't go away (and trying to tell me that game files I have had for years were now infected - while my regular antivirus finds nothing wrong with them), plus a new browser i also did not want. i had to restore my computer to an earlier time to get rid of them.
From what I have heard from others, the results are little to no different than using the Wayback Machine program anyway.
chloroformmeplease
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by chloroformmeplease »

Jason Toddman wrote: 5 years ago
chloroformmeplease wrote: 5 years ago It's too bad you can't access all of the old stories. I went in and saved as many as I could access of my old stories. I can't see them all because a page comes up and says they were not all properly archived. It was nice to see some of the old ones nonetheless.
Sounds like you are getting the same results I've been getting by other means anyway.
Meanwhile, I can't seem to get the gzip to unzip even using 7zip. Maybe i'm just doing something wrong, but it sounds to me that what results is no different than what i have managed to access using the Wayback machine program.
I am sort of confused about the old site. Why is there an old site and a new site? What happened? Or is it the same site just archived? BTW going through some of my old stories and saving them I saw old comments back and forth between us some were comical actually. Is boundgal still around by any chance. I remember she wanted me to include her in my stories. I would still like do that for her if she is still around.
She tied me to my bed and said I am going to leave you here 24 hours by yourself. I will yell and my neighbors will help me. No you won't because you'll be gagged she said and then she gagged me with a ball gag harness as tight as she could make it.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chloroformmeplease wrote: 5 years ago I am sort of confused about the old site. Why is there an old site and a new site? What happened? Or is it the same site just archived? BTW going through some of my old stories and saving them I saw old comments back and forth between us some were comical actually. Is boundgal still around by any chance. I remember she wanted me to include her in my stories. I would still like do that for her if she is still around.
For those who came in late (to quote the Phantom every time a new adventure begins on that comic strip), we have a new site because the old site became inaccessible to us. Zanev let the old domain lapse through lack of payments and attempts to contact him to preserve the old site failed.
So Chadmc90, Bondagefreak, xtc and a few others got together to create a new one using the same basic format. i'm not tech savvy enough to explain how that was done, but it was. Later some of us managed to access the old site indirectly by use of the Wayback Machine program, which allows us to view and copy some of the old stories from the former site but not affect it it any way otherwise as it is in every way a separate (and defunct) site now.
My viewpoints on your old stories have evolved so to speak, but ironically i was ahead of my time as my attitude toward such stories then seems to have become the majority opinion now whereas my own views have become much more relaxed in the years since. Go figure. :mrgreen:
Glad you see our old arguments as comical. Really, i was a prat at the time, and much of the acrimoniousness on my part was based on the mistaken notion that you were Aunt Samantha herself in real life; not her captive all grown up. That made a huge difference in my perceptions about what your stories were all about. Once I realized the actual situation, I realized you were actually painting a picture similar to my own with my cousins - just considerably more extreme.
Boundgal left the old site several years ago and has not been heard from here ever since. i guess she has moved on in her interests. Just as we were getting along pretty good too; if you'll recall my initial relationships were her were even rockier than mine with you... somehow. :shock: :lol:
mm123
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mm123 »

[mention]Soraka[/mention]

Thanks so much for reposting those stories! You are a legend.

In terms of more stories you can look up:
- "Captive to moms friend" is made by the same author as "mom's flipped". If you can post that it would be wonderful.
- "Scarlett" is another great one. Idk how you could find it, but that would also be amzing
...!
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ...! »

There was one I remember called Mountain Cabins are great (capitalized like that too) that I can't get access to anymore. Any help is appreciated
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

...! wrote: 5 years ago There was one I remember called Mountain Cabins are great (capitalized like that too) that I can't get access to anymore. Any help is appreciated
Knowing who wrote it, roughly when it was posted, and what section it was posted in would greatly help in any search since, unlike the active site, a search engine will not work there.
...!
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ...! »

Im not sure about who wrote it or when but it was in the true m/m section
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

...! wrote: 5 years ago Im not sure about who wrote it or when but it was in the true m/m section
I looked but found no story with that title there or in m/m archives.
Saintrose
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Saintrose »

http://tieupgames.net:80/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=30136

Anyway we can get this back as well?
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Saintrose wrote: 5 years ago http://tieupgames.net:80/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=30136

Anyway we can get this back as well?
As all I get when I click on that link is an empty domain page, my guess is the answer is no.
herdfaninrva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by herdfaninrva »

I posted a dice game on there under the same user name. Could you see if you can retrieve it? Thanks!
"I can't tell why I love the smell of coal smoke, valve oil, and steam." Johnny Horton
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

herdfaninrva wrote: 5 years ago I posted a dice game on there under the same user name. Could you see if you can retrieve it? Thanks!
I'm unsure what you mean by a dice game but unless it was a story it's not going to be there. Only stories got preserved, and unfortunately not even all those. If it was a story, telling me where to find would make the search a lot quicker and easier.
herdfaninrva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by herdfaninrva »

I think it was in the TUG Talk section. It wasn't a story. I'll see if I can find the original file. Thanks anyway.
"I can't tell why I love the smell of coal smoke, valve oil, and steam." Johnny Horton
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

herdfaninrva wrote: 5 years ago I think it was in the TUG Talk section. It wasn't a story. I'll see if I can find the original file. Thanks anyway.
If that's where it was, I'm pretty sure you won't even find the Tugs Talk section in the archives; let alone anything posted in it.
But if you can prove me wrong that's fine by me; that's something I'd be interested in discovering.
herdfaninrva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by herdfaninrva »

OOOPS! I meant I'll try to find the file on one of my flash drives. Sorry for the ambiguity.

I found it but can't post because it would go in the old "TUG Talk for Adults" section.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

herdfaninrva wrote: 5 years ago OOOPS! I meant I'll try to find the file on one of my flash drives. Sorry for the ambiguity.

I found it but can't post because it would go in the old "TUG Talk for Adults" section.
How 'adult' are we talking about? Perhaps you'd better pM me the answer to that just in case.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Unless its too extreme for this website you just have to indicate that its a PG17 topic as a tag.
herdfaninrva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by herdfaninrva »

Thanks! I'll post it that way.
Msueta@2
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Msueta@2 »

Can somebody post a link to players going to play it is about football players
mm123
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mm123 »

ATTENTION ALL

A While ago [mention]Soraka[/mention] Posted this link https://uploadfiles.io/70mnx which was the archives of the old website that could be downloaded. However, the download period on the host website has now expired. Can anyone who donwloaded the original archives please reupload them? Thanks
Deleted User 122

Post by Deleted User 122 »

Yes, I was unable to retrieve old stories of mine. If anyone downloaded the archive and has a link available, it would be so appreciated.

Specifically I'm looking for my story posts, I went as sockgaggedjason on the old one.

In case there are any gracious admirers of my stories who are smarter than I am at figuring out how to retrieve the old material. :)
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

sockgagged wrote: 5 years ago Yes, I was unable to retrieve old stories of mine. If anyone downloaded the archive and has a link available, it would be so appreciated.

Specifically I'm looking for my story posts, I went as sockgaggedjason on the old one.

In case there are any gracious admirers of my stories who are smarter than I am at figuring out how to retrieve the old material. :)
Are there specific story types you concentrated on? that would make a search much easier as search engines won't work there. also, when did you start writing so i know how far in archive to go to check for them all.
Deleted User 122

sockgagged wrote: 5 years ago Yes, I was unable to retrieve old stories of mine. If anyone downloaded the archive and has a link available, it would be so appreciated.

Are there specific story types you concentrated on? that would make a search much easier as search engines won't work there. also, when did you start writing so i know how far in archive to go to check for them all.
Thank you! I would say I started about five years ago, roughly, under sockgaggedjason name

As for your specific story types question, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

sockgagged wrote: 5 years ago

As for your specific story types question, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying
Fictional? True Stories? M/M? PG-17? So i don't have to search the entire site unless you wrote all sorts of stories. For instance, if you never wrote any True tugs SAtories, I'd like to know ahead of time so I don't expend time looking there for stories you could've told me i wouldn't find there. :geek:
Deleted User 122

sockgagged wrote: 5 years ago

Fictional? True Stories? M/M? PG-17? So i don't have to search the entire site unless you wrote all sorts of stories. For instance, if you never wrote any True tugs SAtories, I'd like to know ahead of time so I don't expend time looking there for stories you could've told me i wouldn't find there. :geek:
I wrote mostly fictional but a few true ones. And a variety of PG MA. All are M/M.

Anyway, it sounds like it may be too much trouble so don't worry about it!

:)
Locked Previous topicNext topic