Some Parts from the old site are Now Retrievable

If you are having trouble finding an old story and remember the title, author, and/or a description someone might be able to help track it down!

Moderator: Archiver

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some Parts from the old site are Now Retrievable

Post by Jason Toddman »

Thanks to a new member named Batsiiii, away has been found to access a version of the old site dated from November 2017. Some people seem able to access it, but others cannot. For further details on whether you can access the old site for yourself, check this thread
http://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=508
For those having no luck, I am now offering to find and reprint stories from the old site myself. To do this, I need as much info as you can give me including Author, story title, what section it was posted in, (example True stories m/m) and, if in archives, roughly which year it was posted. The more details i can get, the more likey it is I can find the material wanted and reprint it on this site.
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Does not work on my end. Anyway I've probably posted the better stories here and some I'll post later when I've time.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

freyjaceleste862 wrote: 6 years ago Does not work on my end. Anyway I've probably posted the better stories here and some I'll post later when I've time.
This link seems to have a higher success rate for people; see if it works for you.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150427125 ... &start=500
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

[quote="Jason Toddman" post_id=4710 time=1524413022 user_id=50]
This link seems to have a higher success rate for people; see if it works for you.
[/quote]

Nice, this link works for me. Thanks. :)

Reading through the old stuff feels really weird. It made me realize that all the stuff I remember from the old forum (stories from Chris12, bakersdozen and other writers I enjoyed a lot, as well as people like Lonewolfandfriends) is from forever ago, something around 2013 and earlier. I didn't realize how long it has been since I stopped carring much for the old site.

Thanks again to everyone who worked to bring the forum back. It now feels similar to how it used to feel, years ago. Really like a new beginning.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

FelixSH wrote: 6 years ago
Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago This link seems to have a higher success rate for people; see if it works for you.
Nice, this link works for me. Thanks. :)

Reading through the old stuff feels really weird. It made me realize that all the stuff I remember from the old forum (stories from Chris12, bakersdozen and other writers I enjoyed a lot, as well as people like Lonewolfandfriends) is from forever ago, something around 2013 and earlier. I didn't realize how long it has been since I stopped carring much for the old site.

Thanks again to everyone who worked to bring the forum back. It now feels similar to how it used to feel, years ago. Really like a new beginning.
Speaking of Bakersdozen he's one iof the long-gone authors I'd like to retrieve stories from. Please let me know if and where you spot any.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

[quote="Jason Toddman" post_id=4720 time=1524427268 user_id=50]

Speaking of Bakersdozen he's one iof the long-gone authors I'd like to retrieve stories from. Please let me know if and where you spot any.
[/quote]

I thought so (I still remember you commenting at one story years ago how he and Chris12 have the funniest family ever :D). I actually already saved two of his stories and will repost them soon in the archives.

Also, I seem to do something wrong with the quotes, I guess? Weird.
Radames0674
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Radames0674 »

Hi, I'm looking for three Stories with the Title "Nothing Personal" especially the last one: "Nothing Personal - Criminal Intent". The latest parts were posted 2017. Sadly I do not remember the author.
Thank you very much!
WAMGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WAMGuy »

Apologies for also asking, but I'd really like to get Bondwriter's "New Adventures of Simon" stories, if possible?

Thanks!
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=Radames0674 post_id=5029 time=1524582852 user_id=737]
Hi, I'm looking for three Stories with the Title "Nothing Personal" especially the last one: "Nothing Personal - Criminal Intent". The latest parts were posted 2017. Sadly I do not remember the author.
Thank you very much!
[/quote]

http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 5059#p5059

Couldn't find that story, but did find something else by the same author.
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=WAMGuy post_id=5031 time=1524583350 user_id=254]
Apologies for also asking, but I'd really like to get Bondwriter's "New Adventures of Simon" stories, if possible?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Found a thread with a lot of his stories, I've posted them for you :)
http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 5080#p5080
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

Since losing the old site, at least for now, might I suggest that anyone who has lost stories that they wrote, or that they love to read save them somewhere that is safe. This would thus help in the future if the inevitable happens again and we somehow loose this site, that we can more easily restore the site. I’m hoping people think this is a good tip, and puts it into play for themselves.
WAMGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WAMGuy »

[quote=Soraka post_id=5081 time=1524596967 user_id=623]
[quote=WAMGuy post_id=5031 time=1524583350 user_id=254]

Thanks!
[/quote]

Found a thread with a lot of his stories, I've posted them for you :)
http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 5080#p5080
[/quote]

Thank you very much!
mattyh
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mattyh »

Jason
Could you retrieve 1 of my stories
"He Sits" - Mattyh
if not; its cool; I was writing something different when the site went down; thought it was pretty good.
would like to have it, but you know; whateva!
Thanks
Matty
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

mattyh wrote: 6 years ago Jason
Could you retrieve 1 of my stories
"He Sits" - Mattyh
if not; its cool; I was writing something different when the site went down; thought it was pretty good.
would like to have it, but you know; whateva!
Thanks
Matty
It would help if you could help me pin down what forum to find it. You wrote a lot of storis, and apparently deleted a few of them too. I can't use the search function to track down stories there the way I can in a live site.
mattyh
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mattyh »

I think it was forum Fiction last post around Oct 2017
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

mattyh wrote: 6 years ago I think it was forum Fiction last post around Oct 2017
I was afraid it was that recent. I'm afraid I had no luck locating it as the most recent entries i can find in that forum date back to last July. Sorry.
mattyh
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mattyh »

No problem: Thank you for trying :)
Msueta@2
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Msueta@2 »

I would love the story after the game
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

I managed to download the whole archive so I can perform search queries on it. It's a lot easier than searching for the location on the wayback machine.

Here's how to do it: (I work on a Linux system, haven't tested it on Windows, but you could try to use this https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to ... indows-10/, https://gitforwindows.org/ for other versions of Windows)
1. Download the file (961.7MB zipped, 3.3GB unzipped) https://ufile.io/70mnx
2. Extract the file
3. Open a terminal window and set your working directory in the extracted file. This can be done with the following command. It looks like this in my case: cd /home/emily/Documents/websites/tieupgames.net/
4. Execute this command to perform a search queries on all the files in the map: find . -type f -exec grep -il 'your_search_query' {} + | egrep viewtopic. This will result in a list of topics that contain your search query. It works great if you still remember the name of the story you're looking for. The search isn't case sensitive so don't worry about that. Remove the i from the grep parameters if you want it to be case sensitive.
5. Copy 1 of the results to the search field in explorer/files and double click the file, it will open in your browser.

So here an example:
find . -type f -exec grep -il 'Kidnapped For Insulting Dena' {} + | egrep viewtopic

Result:
./viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7386
./viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7386&p=27334

Perform a search on these files, don't forget to remove the ./
Last edited by Soraka 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Soraka wrote: 6 years ago I managed to download the whole archive so I can perform search queries on it. It's a lot easier than searching for the location on the wayback machine.

I don't have Windows 10 so i probably can't use it, but I hope someone who does gives this a post and posts the results somewhere where we can all access it. It would be very nice if it actually retrieves the entire site and not just portions of it, though the relatively small (3.3 GB) unzipped file size you cite makes me doubt this (by my estimation the old site should be considerably larger than that) unless again certain forums were not included.
unknown
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by unknown »

Hey. Could anyone help retrieve one of my stories? The title was Weekend From Hell and I started posting it about a year or so ago on the old site. It was originally posted in the M/M fiction section but was eventually moved to main fiction page below all of m/m and f/m categories. I finished the story but I was thinking about continuing it before the site went down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: This is the same username I used on the old site.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

unknown wrote: 6 years ago Hey. Could anyone help retrieve one of my stories? The title was Weekend From Hell and I started posting it about a year or so ago on the old site. It was originally posted in the M/M fiction section but was eventually moved to main fiction page below all of m/m and f/m categories. I finished the story but I was thinking about continuing it before the site went down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I tried the wayback machine but it does not seem to have that story archived, though i found it listed right where you said. maybe someone using Soraka's method mentioned just above could help.
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=unknown post_id=6951 time=1526261630 user_id=1081]
Hey. Could anyone help retrieve one of my stories? The title was Weekend From Hell and I started posting it about a year or so ago on the old site. It was originally posted in the M/M fiction section but was eventually moved to main fiction page below all of m/m and f/m categories. I finished the story but I was thinking about continuing it before the site went down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

[/quote]

I wasn't able to find your story, the page was captured by the wayback machine after the board went offline,
I did find one of your other stories, http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 7045#p7045
EzraMarubayashi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by EzraMarubayashi »

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me retrieve some stories I posted in the old site:
"Erika and Braxton F/M" and "Male bondage M/M" that were in the fictional intimate stories section, and "Once and for all M/M" that was in the fictional TUG stories.
I had the same username.
Thanks.
Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

[quote=EzraMarubayashi post_id=7169 time=1526430216 user_id=413]
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me retrieve some stories I posted in the old site:
"Erika and Braxton F/M" and "Male bondage M/M" that were in the fictional intimate stories section, and "Once and for all M/M" that was in the fictional TUG stories.
I had the same username.
Thanks.
[/quote]

http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=820

There's a huge difference between Erika and Erica ;)
Took me a lot more time to find XD
Locked Previous topicNext topic