Apartment
8%
Cabin
10%
Outdoors/Parks/Tents
5%
Lockerroom/Gym
12%
Public space (Club/Station/Stores/skatepark)
2%
School/University Classrooms
8%
Private Dungeon
12%
Other (Specify in comments)
2%

Total votes: 172

MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

TUG SETTING POLL

Post by MountainMan_91 »

Hey everyone.

I am dipping my feet into the world of polls...

I hope this poll is enjoyable.

Have fun choosing your favorite setting and please comment and share why you chose it!

The options with a little bit of a breakdown!
(in no way meant to be an exhaustive list)

Estate/Mansion - Big houses with 30 rooms and a large gardens, maybe a forest on the estate grounds.

Standard Home - Your standard townhouse, 3-6 rooms, maybe two stories.

Apartment - Any home in a building with more tenants than 1 family.

Cabin - smallish home surrounded by wilderness.

Outdoors/Parks/Tents - In the great outdoors, could be camping, could be an RV, could be in the local park...

Lockerroom/Gym - Any place where sport or sport related events occur. School Locker room, football stadium, dancing studio.

Public space (Club/Station/Stores/skatepark) - These areas are where people move around, your chances of finding strangers should be 100%.

Classrooms (School/University) - Any learning institute. School, University, College, local art class.

Private Dungeon - A space set aside for TUGS. Doesn't have to be a basement or attic, even a dedicated room falls into this category.

Other (Specify in comments) - Please do add Others if you feel your personal favorite is not covered.
Learning new things each day...

A list of my work...
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Had to think about this one for a bit, but went with a cabin, as it is an isolated, private place.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
GagFan96
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GagFan96 »

Either a remote cabin where we will be all alone or a private dungeon because it will have an array of different toys and equipment to use.
Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

I went for estate/mansion and private dungeon.

The estate/mansion setting just gives you so many options. Lots of different rooms, inside and outside spaces, secret passages, room for lots of characters. Most of the other locations can be incorporate into an estate/mansion setting.

Private dungeon because who doesn't like the idea of having a space set-up, fully equipped and ready for action at a moment's notice!
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Great poll [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention]!
Voted for "Standard Home" and "Apartment".

"Cabin" and "Outdoors" are locations I tend to enjoy a lot as well.

The locations which I am least fond of are "Private Dungeon" and "Estate/Mansion".
One feels too artificial and the other not rugged enough (to me anyways).

Pup Wingletang wrote: 3 years ago Private dungeon because who doesn't like the idea of having a space set-up, fully equipped and ready for action at a moment's notice!
Me ;)

Dungeons and dedicated bondage rooms are at the antipode of what I like.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago
The locations which I am least fond of are "Private Dungeon" and "Estate/Mansion".
One feels too artificial and the other not rugged enough (to me anyways).

Pup Wingletang wrote: 3 years ago Private dungeon because who doesn't like the idea of having a space set-up, fully equipped and ready for action at a moment's notice!
Me ;)

Dungeons and dedicated bondage rooms are at the antipode of what I like.
Each to their own! Great use of 'antipode' though so I'll forgive you! :D
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention]
Haha! Silly pup 8-)

The setting is only secondary though and I've very much enjoyed well-written stories that took place in those above-mentioned locations.
Our mighty [mention]Volobond[/mention]'s fine tales immediately spring to mind ;)

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Pup Wingletang wrote: 3 years ago I went for estate/mansion and private dungeon.

The estate/mansion setting just gives you so many options. Lots of different rooms, inside and outside spaces, secret passages, room for lots of characters. Most of the other locations can be incorporate into an estate/mansion setting.

Private dungeon because who doesn't like the idea of having a space set-up, fully equipped and ready for action at a moment's notice!
Mister Pup, my thought process was exactly the same! Great minds ;)
bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention]
Haha! Silly pup 8-)

The setting is only secondary though and I've very much enjoyed well-written stories that took place in those above-mentioned locations.
Our mighty [mention]Volobond[/mention]'s fine tales immediately spring to mind ;)
Hee hee, the mighty Volobond, eh? I quite like that title. Setting is secondary for me as well; I simply find the estate option allows for a great variety of household bondage and the private dungeon allows for a greater variety of bondage methods and equipment. It's also very fun to see the captor with practically unlimited resources to keep the captive restrained.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Socksbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Socksbound »

I went standard home and locker room/gym.

Standard home I think has realism first and foremost. There are numerous scenarios from sibling rivalries to parents/kids. Not to mention sleep overs with friends and home invasions.

Locker room/gym sporty people for starters. Numerous bags with stinky socks and equipment. Chances of group tie-up sessions

Well that’s my thoughts anyway.

Mighty [mention]Volobond[/mention] :lol:
You guys make me laugh, oh shouldn’t have said that he’ll get me for that
See all my written works here :
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38747#p38747

Banner by Bondagefreak
sniffingyoursocks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sniffingyoursocks »

Great poll indeed [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] !

I voted for "Apartment" and "Lockerroom/gym" - Apartment because I do like the idea of shared flat/apartment with numerous rooms, and lots of Jocks living inside ;-)

And "Lockerroom/Gyms" because of the endless possibilities for stinky, smelly socks and wet gym shoes :D
Hogtieguy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Hogtieguy »

Hotel has always done it for me. Every time I stay in a nice hotel I think about how fun it would be for someone to keep me hogtied on the floor while they go enjoy the place to themselves. Maybe go to the poor or bar, me never knowing when they're coming back.
-Sam
stormchaser1
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by stormchaser1 »

I did Standard Home and private dungeon.
The home because I have experience with it and not too big. And the dungeon because lots of equipment that can be used.
Driverman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Driverman »

Honestly, setting is less important to me than a compelling story, if the story is written right, even a setting I don't care for (public ones for instance) are fine.

But in the interest of the poll, I went with standard home a cabin.

Standard home because I really like ultra-realistic settings, and I like stories with inventiveness, a home has so many different items a person can be tied with as well as furniture, rooms, etc., it's almost all-inclusive.

Cabin just because I like the psychological idea of even if the captive escapes the bondage, they have another obstacle of escaping through an unknown wilderness for freedom. And the likelihood of recapture (always fun) is high.
HannaBarefoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by HannaBarefoot »

I definitely prefer a home setting since that is more familiar, has many tug options, and speaks to a more friendly nature to the game (though leaves the option for a kidnapping!)

I also like the idea of a dedicated dungeon because I like more interesting stuff too, like stocks, suspensions, etc. Lets me explore more kinky stuff easier ;)
One of us is going to end up barefoot, tied up, and gagged, so I hope you're ready!
MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

[mention]Hogtieguy[/mention] I totally missed Hotel rooms! That is a great addition. So many fantasies and actual first experiences happen in hotel rooms. In my opinion the fact that neither party has 'home turf' advantage makes it a great place for first encounters...

My personal options are

1. outdoors. I love all of the stories on the site where guys go camping and it ends up being a bondage camp! There was also one story, the title slips my mind. Of two guys hiking in the mountains and one is continuously trussed up.

2. Locker rooms and sport centres. I have, like many other people on the site, a specific weak spot for Jocks! haha.

Thanks for all the feedback!

A list of my work...
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

I definitely agree with [mention]HannaBarefoot[/mention] and im also with [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] on completely forgetting about hotel rooms,which are a huge turn on,and the irony is the best tie up experience of my life was in a hotel room😆 go figure
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED, THIS THREAD IS IN A NEW SECTION DEDICATED TO POLLS AND QUESTIONNAIRES. I'VE MOVED ALL THE LARGER POLL THREADS IN HERE, SO BE SURE TO LOOK AT THE OTHER THREADS IN THIS SECTION IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO.

sian26uk
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sian26uk »

Last edited by sian26uk 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Standard home, and the great outdoors got my votes. A fair amount of what I write takes place in either of those two locations. Plenty of choices/places/opportunities in both for variety of TUGs to take place.

Good vote choices, liked this :D
MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

I am so glad sport related settings are starting to pull ahead into second place.

There is just something about athletes - great physiques and cocky attitudes...

[mention]RopeBunny[/mention] glad you enjoyed it! And I completely agree with great outdoors!

More people than I thought like the idea of a private dungeon...

A list of my work...
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

I went for the standard home first of all, mainly for the familiarity and flexibility that comes with it, as others have already mentioned.

Then locker room/gym just jumped out at me from the list - there's just something really hot about the idea of any kind of TUG taking place there. I also like that, as far as I'm concerned, it remains a tantalisingly out of reach setting - as it's somewhere that I might go fairly often, but it's very unlikely that I'd ever get the chance to partake in a TUG there. Still, one can hope!

Anyway, great poll!
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
rjroper
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by rjroper »

i chose standard home due to thats the main setting for tugs with my wife. Using different rooms in the privacy of our own home for fun and mostly sexuall fun. Basement to main floor rooms, never gets dull. mind you back in the day outdoor tugs were excelent as well.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

The setting depends on what you are doing, and with whom. Kids on a dare, spending the night in an old double story house, rumored to be haunted, or in a "ghost town," and being captured by 1. Outlaws using the place as a hide out; 2. captured by friends, as part of an initiation.

Captured by Indians, and held in a teepee, or tied to a pole in the middle of the village.

Caught snooping, and tied up in a barn or hayloft.

Or, one of my faves, you share a bedroom with your brother and cousin, and your brother's best friend is sleeping over. It's after midnight, your parents are out, you're asleep in your beds, and burglars break in, and force you to tie each other up. In your pajamas. (They gag you pretty good, too,)

And the list goes on.

But the bottom line, is that the setting depends upon the story. Or, you could already decide on the setting, and write the story to fit.

Drawscore
surgicalorb
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by surgicalorb »

Cabin and standard home. I want a large degree of separation from the outside world while engaging in tugs.
Tapebot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tapebot »

Outdoors, for whatever reason. Probably because it reminds me of the Scouting days.

Estate/mansion is a close second, especially when the whole place is utilized like some kind of game area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic