Do you prefer stories to be from the sub perspective or from the dom's?

Post polls here.

Poll ended at 2 years ago

From the sub's
59%
From the dom's
9%
Told by an impartial narrator
18%
Other
14%

Total votes: 22

banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

By this I don't mean narrated in first person by either of these two but that also counts. I want to clarify because a third person narrator that always leaves out what some character don't know could also be counted as narrating from the perspective of said character.
Minerva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Minerva »

I think the stories are much more interesting from the sub's perspective, I feel like they tend to be more complex,then again,I'm a switch leaning sub I'm preety biased in this regard.
I feel like the third person narrations are too disconected from the chars for my taste.
DM's always open.
I draw stuff I guess:https://www.deviantart.com/minthebi
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Depends on the story and the characters involved. A bit of both really.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

I do not mind the perspective, but I can see that it is important for some or even many: matter of tastes cannot be disputed. However, I prefer well-written stories (that includes readability) to confusing, boring ones any day! :D
Kidnapper696
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Kidnapper696 »

I think I don't have to give a brief explaination why i prefer from the sub's perspective.
nicole

Post by nicole »

I really like stories written from the second person perspective. They can be frustratingly difficult to find!
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Would say switching, some because is it for me even interesting if I get told that actions of the dom is to sub push at an open door, even he tries to hide it. In castes where he can rule for bottom. At least that have his thought about it even say nothing. It can be that only look like, but then he gets a punishment that is even harder.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

As much as I prefer the subs perspective, seen as they are the ones feeling the effect of the activity in question.. I feel it's only fair that both parties get entitled to a say.
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
robleligoteur
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by robleligoteur »

Will try to tell some stories from the dom's perspictive, might be in a story or in a role play.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Back when I more regularly read stories, the majority of my favorites tended to be written from the sub's perspective. But sometimes, there were some good ones from the dom's, especially if they were particularly gloating about it, or noted that it gave them a bit of a power rush, or something similar.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

I would have to say from both perspectives! As a sub, I always enjoy comparing what would go through my mind and what goes through the story's sub's mind; it helps with not feeling like I'm the only one with these thoughts. But I also enjoy the Dom's perspective, seeing that they are enjoying the TUG too. I would hate to find out that the Dom is not deriving any pleasure, and I do not enjoy stories where the Dom feels disgusted or even indifferent towards their TUG sub. Basically, I need to feel that there is a meaningful and positive connection between Dom and sub, regardless of whether the story is mostly fictional or mostly factual. The only difference for me would be that if the story is mostly fictional, the limits of the sub can be pushed, but I still need to see from the Dom's perspective that there is genuine concern for the long-term well-being of their sub, and no callous disregard nor disdain.
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

Firstly.I dont.like.terms like "dom" and "sub" because they are linked to hard core BDSM. bondage or.tie up games.are.more.complex. I call myself a.witch because I switch between tying and being.tied up but I need her submit to someones.will. ill let.myself be tired d up

OK lets answer the question.

It depends.on the story. Often a neutral.narrator.can go into the mind of both prisoner and captor. If multiple characters are.tied.upmand.blindfolded, a captor.or neutral narrator.can go into all.their mimds.
Elusive_Lady
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Elusive_Lady »

A story, for me, has to be believable and interesting from the beginning. That's most important.

Now, that might sound obvious, but it's really much more important--to me--than who is telling the story (dom, sub, third person).

What I think would be fun would be to read the same story twice--first, from the Dom's point of view, then the sub's. Obviously, that means a lot of work for the author.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic