Where do we go from here?

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Where do we go from here?

Post by drawscore »

I'm Chris, 12 years old. My brother, with whom I share a bedroom, is Kevin, and he's 13. My best friend is Scotty. He's 12, too. Scotty has a pain in the ass little brother, Steve, who is 10, and who is almost always with a group they dubbed "The 10 Year Old Terrors," consisting of, along with Steve, Russell, Jimmy, Marty, Ben, and the twins, Donnie and Danny.

Along with Scotty, Terry, Steve, and Johnny were in the group whith whom I ran, and Kevin's friends were Mark, Mike, Chuck (who we called "Chuckles," and Greg.

School was out. It was summer, and fathers were usually away at work. Mothers stayed home (usually), but there were, once a week, big sales at the local shopping center, and our mothers stampeded out, trying to find the best bargains, and leaving a mob OF 9-15 year old boys to themselves, and to empty houses.

Then, the discussions began. "Let's go to the swimming pool; let's play baseball or softball; you big kids help us with our Tenderfoot requirements; ya wanna go explore that abandoned house?; what about the ghost town?"

And then, somebody would suggest that Kevin take Petey, go hide in the ghost town, or the "haunted house," and we'll play 'hide an go seek.' We'll get permission to camp overnight, and the losing team has to be tied up between 11 and 1, in the attic of the haunted house,or in the hotel room in the ghost town, where "Raunchy Red" was rumored to have killed seven people with an axe.

Anyone want to pick it up from here?