The Lazy Maid (M/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

The Lazy Maid (M/F)

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Melanie Monroe had just arrived to start her job as housekeeper to Keith Lester, wealthy business owner. Upon her arrival, Keith took her around the house, telling her what to do.

“Now, my bedding needs to be cleaned for twenty minutes on cold and fifteen on warm,” Keith explained. “The carpeting has to be cleaned with that special solution that I left on the nightstand.”
“Got it.”
“So, you got all that? Every single knickknack in the living room has to be dusted, the kitchen must be mopped, especially under the table. You have all of that?”
“Yes, Mr. Lester.”

“Great.” Keith looked down and checked his watch. “Ah shoot, I’m gonna be late for my meeting. Are you sure you have this?”

Melanie mock saluted. “Yes Mister Lester!”
“That’s the spirit! I’ll see you in a few hours.” With that, Keith grabbed his briefcase and took off.

As soon as the door slammed shut, Melanie’s demeanor shifted from a worker excited and ready to go to a worker who just really really wanted to go home. Melanie, wearing a blue and yellow flannel shirt, blue jeans, black Nike’s and a yellow bandana headband, went to the kitchen where she left the cleaning cart and her phone and called up her friend, Dawn.

“Hey Dawn...yea I’m at work. ...ok, while I’m really greatful that you got me this job and everything, but you really couldn’t get me an easier one? ...yes it is! Just listening him explain everything I have to do makes me want to take a nap and I haven’t even picked up the mop yet!”

Suddenly, there was a crashing noise from behind her. Hearing this, Melanie said, “Dawn, I’ll call you back”.

Upon hanging up and turning around, she came face to face with a man who apparently came through the window, given the broken glass on the floor (”Great,” Melanie thought to herself, ”another thing for me to clean up”.). The man had a black turtleneck, blue jeans, black skull cap and had his mouth and nose covered by a black bandana. Melanie seemed quite disturbed and frightened to see him, but the burglar seemed just as disturbed to see her as well.

“What?! But there were no cars in the driveway!” he exclaimed.
“My friend dropped me off here,” she explained. “Are you here to rob Mr. Lester?”
“Yea...” He deeply sighed. “So let me guess, you’re gonna call the cops and have me arrested?”

Melanie thought for a moment. She should probably call the cops on him. Then, he’d be arrested and she...could get back to work. But...what if...

“Nah,” she found herself saying. “How about instead, you tie me up?”

The burglar was clearly taken aback. “What?”

“Okay, look. First, what’s your name?”
“Tom.”
“Okay Tom. You see, I’m the maid who was just hired to clean this house. But as you can see, this is a reeeeealy big house.”
“Yea, so?”
“So, I’d have to clean up this whole big place. But if I was, say, indisposed of...”

Tom nodded in understanding. “So, you want me to tie you up so you have an excuse to get out of cleaning this place?”
Melanie nodded back. “Yep. In return, not only will I not call the cops on you, I’ll fudge the police report on what you look like and I’ll let you steal a few of his knickknacks on his tables.”
“Really?”
“Yea! It’ll be less for me to dust! Now, do you have any rope or tape?”
“No. I didn’t think anyone would be home.”
“That’s okay. When he was giving me a tour of the house, I noticed that there was a roll of duct tape in the garage. If you go get it, I’ll set everything up.”
“Okay!”

While Tom ran to the garage, Melanie closed the blinds in the kitchen, grabbed a sponge from the cleaning cart (perfect gagging material) and undid her bandana headband. When he returned with the tape, she sat down and placed her hands behind her back.

“Do your worst, Tom,” Melanie said with a slight giggle.

As he was wrapping her wrists, Melanie told Tom, “Okay, let’s get the story straight: you broke in here, snuck up behind me and pointed a gun at me. You made me blindfold myself so I couldn't see who you are before you shoved me onto a chair and tied me up. Then you took some stuff and ran off. Does that sound good?”
“Yep. Lovely fabricated story!”

Soon, Melanie was stuck to the chair. Her wrists and elbows were secured behind her, her waist and lap was tied down to the chair and her ankles and knees were tied together.

Melanie tested her bonds and found that she was stuck. “Great job with the tape. I wouldn’t want to be accidentally able to escape.”
“So, you want to be kept like this until you get home? Because if not, I can call the police after I’m far enough away.”

Melanie shook her head. “Nah. My thinking is that if he’s the one who finds me, he’ll feel guilty and give me a fat raise.”
“Alright.”
“You see, the raise will motivate me to actually do work and keep nasty burglars like you out. So by robbing him and preventing me from working, you’re actually helping him in the long run.”
“I see. Nice justification.”
“Thank you! Now, you better shut me up with that sponge before I start yelling for help.”

With that, Tom balled up the sponge and shoved in Melanie’s mouth and sealed it in with several strips of tape over her mouth. Feeling the sponge expand in her mouth, bulging her cheeks out, Melanie tried yelling, only to find that she could let out a dull moan.

“Are you okay?” Melanie nodded. “Great. I’ll go take a few knickknacks and I’ll be right back.”

After Tom left, Melanie, already a bit bored, started to look around. There were lots of things in the kitchen: an island, cookie jars, security camera on top of the fridge, spice rack and-

Wait, security camera?

Melanie turned back to the fridge and confirmed, to her horror, that there was a security camera on top of the fridge. A camera that caught Melanie giving Tom permission to steal Keith’s knickknacks, instructing him to tie her up, telling him the false report she was going to give to Keith and the police and caught her explaining how she was going to guilt her boss into giving her a raise. Upon seeing the footage, he wasn’t going to give her a raise; he was gonna give her a court summons!

Tom came into the kitchen, his backpack filled with stolen objects. Melanie, not being able to use her voice, pointed her head towards the fridge, trying to turn his attention to the camera. Unfortunately, Tom failed to interpret what she was trying to communicate.

“Oh, no thanks. I’m gonna eat when I get home. Thank you for all your help,” Tom told Melanie as he tied the yellow bandana over her eyes. “I hope you get that raise from your boss. See ya!”

With that, Tom climbed out the window he came through, leaving behind a girl who was quickly beginning to regret her actions.

”Ah damnit. I should’ve just cleaned his freaking knickknacks.”, she thought to herself.

The End
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
iliketights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by iliketights »

Nice story! If I were Mr. Lester, I wouldn't fire her. I would let her keep her job if she agreed to reenact this burglary, oh, I don't know ... maybe twice per week. ;)
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Good story. Short, well written, and believable with a nice twist.
Thanks for posting!
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

This was a great short story that I enjoyed immensely. I do wish we could see/ read what happens to Melanie when her boss gets back home and watches through the security footage if he hasn't already done so.
OkDokey
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by OkDokey »

I want to know what happens ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic