Charlie's Initiation

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Charlie's Initiation

Post by drawscore »

Charlie's Initiation

I'm Charlie, climbing toward my 15th birthday. I'd heard of this spooky old mansion, MacAlpine Manor, about two and a half miles out of town, and, having just moved here, I wondered why my friends had never suggested going out there. To me, old abandoned houses had fascinated me since I was six, and my sense of adventure and excitement at the thought of actually exploring one, was off the charts.

Chris, a 12 year old spark plug, and his best friend, Jeff, told me I didn't want to go out there; that strange noises came from the place, especially at night, and he'd heard tales of the place being haunted, ever since he joined cub scouts, four and a half years ago. He kept hearing the stories and rumors, even after he graduated from cub scouts, into boy scouts, a year and a half ago.

I laughed, and told them they were full of bull. “Then you go out there!” Jeff challenged me.

I was two plus years older than Jeff, and a bit cocky. Letting their challenge go unanswered, would just not do. “I'll do more than just go out there!” I told them. “I'll spend the night inside! They ain't no such things as ghosts!”

I also remembered something I once heard, that danger and adventure, even imagined, are more interesting, exciting, and fun, if they are shared. With that in mind, I went around to my cousins, Scott and Allen, only to be told I was nuts. My best friend, Ronnie, his little brother, Mark, and Mark's friend, Kevin, told me to 'go pound sand,' and even Doug, who was as brash and brassy as they come, turned me down. It looked like this was one thing I was going to have to do by myself.

I packed my gear, and after dinner, loaded up my bike, and headed out to MacAlpine Manor. My so called “friends” were standing out in front of their houses, waving and laughing, which should have been a clue that they were all up to something, but I had my mind on other things. “Weasels, snakes, skunks, and chickens!” I sneered under my breath. “Fraidy cats!”

When I got there, it was dusk, and there was just enough light left for me to set up my sleeping bag. Gawd, I was bored, but I had brought a flashlight, so maybe I could get in a little exploring. I thought I'd start from the basement, and work my way up to the attic. Covering those five floors should take some time, and by the time I was done, I should be tired enough to kill the rest of the night by sleeping.

The basement was about what I expected. Junk and old furniture. Something round and silvery-looking on the floor, caught my eye. I picked it up, and it was a penny. It looked like it had been there for 20 years or more, and was borne out by the date. 1943, and underneath the date, was the letter “D.”

I stuck it in the change pocket of my jeans, gave the room another cursory glance, and headed for the stairs. I shined the light around the basement for the last time, and could have sworn I saw two boys, about 12, tied and gagged to a support post on the far side of the room. I shined the light back, and they were gone.

My mind's playing tricks!” I thought, and climbed up to the second floor. I'd save the first floor for the morning. I went through four bedrooms, but found nothing. “Something else I should save for tomorrow.” I thought.

The fifth bedroom was like the other four. Empty, except for a double bed, with the head against the far wall. Again, I shined the light around the room, and again, I saw something that was there, then wasn't. I saw a boy in a blue uniform, bound and gagged with bandages.

“Corporal Rusty!” I thought out loud, but when I swung the light back, nothing.

I was about to walk out, when I was ambushed. A pillowcase was pulled over my head, and a gravelly voice ordered “Get face down on the floor!”

I did as I was told, and felt my hands pulled behind my back, then tied together with what felt like rope. Someone else tied my ankles together, and after that, a pair of hands reached up inside the pillowcase, and tied a really tight gag over my mouth. The hands reached in again, using the thumbs to find the right place, blindfolded me. The pillowcase was then removed from over my head, but I couldn't see or say anything. But I was still able to hear.

Apparently they wanted to sound tough, and the first words I heard from my captors, was “What'cha wanna do with this nosy little prick?”

“If it was me, I'd break into the mall at midnight, and dump him into the piranha tank. The fish can have a midnight snack.” a second, clearly disguised voice said.

I thought the voices were eerily familiar, but couldn't place a name or face to them. “I know those voices.” I thought. “And when I find out who they really are, I'm gonna barbecue their asses in honey, and serve 'em to the girl scouts on hot dog buns!”

An hour later, I was finally untied. “How'd you like your initiation?” laughed my cousin, Allen.

I pulled down my gag. “You guys are lower than whale shit, and that's at the bottom of the ocean!” I snarled. “Revenge is coming, and soon!”

But, deep inside, I thought it was great.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Keep posting them.
We need more of the "innocent-type" stories.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago Keep posting them.
We need more of the "innocent-type" stories.
I agree!

Great story!
alkaid_
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by alkaid_ »

Wow!!!

nice story!
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »