What I did during the Summer (FM/F)

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Deleted User 769

What I did during the Summer (FM/F)

Post by Deleted User 769 »

Growing up in an age before the internet (but after the dinosaurs I hasten to add) I was a huge fan of the Nancy Drew series of novels. She was my absolute hero and I was obsessed with her adventures, often consuming an entire book in a single sitting (not counting meals/ bathroom breaks etc). 
For the uninitiated, Nancy Drew was a teenage girl sleuth who, in the course of solving various local mysteries would often run afoul of various criminal elements of the town. For reasons I did not yet understand, my favourite part of all of her stories were the scenes in which she would be caught, and oftentimes tied up. Indeed I remember scan reading all of the Nancy Drew books in the library to find any scenes in which she was captured (and thus decide which to borrow for the weekend). It was like mining for precious gold. Fortunately the chapter headings usually contained a helpful hint as to their contents - for the discerning reader they might as well called the chapter "Nancy gets bound and gagged"
Although they were written with a young audience in mind the bad guys were often quite unpleasant to Nancy, indeed I recall one scene in particular in which the female protagonist was described as taking particular delight in making her gag "cruelly tight" 
There was one particular scene i was absolutely fascinated with, it was the one in which Nancy was left bound and gagged with a deadly spider for company.
Yowzers!
I was both thrilled and terrified in equal measure.
What that would be like to be trussed up like that?
Eventually I plumped up the courage to act out the scene in my bedroom using a handful of Mum's old scarves and a rubber tarantula I found in the toy cupboard - Note: I was still far too scared of actual spiders to play in the shed where they might actually live,..
Blessed with an overactive imagination and plenty of free time I was always writing stories and drawing comic strips in which I was cast as the principal heroine. As you might imagine, these tales always seemed to feature a scene (or more likely several) in which my character was captured and had to escape from the clutches of an evil mastermind (the more things change,..)
Incidentally, I found an old notebook from the time (Mum had kept it in the loft) and they were almost hilariously bad.
Anyway, as I got a little older/ braver I began acting out some of these scenes, playing the part of the hostage of a gang of ruthless cattle rustlers, or a boat full of scurvy pirates. 
Lets just say that my grans attic was a great substitute for the hull of a ship, an abandoned diamond mine, or a submarine.  
I soon got pretty adept at tying myself up tight enough that I would feel helpless, but loose enough that I could quickly get free if I heard anyone on the stairs
Mostly I played these games by myself, although I occasionally managed to persuade some of the local boys to incorporate a kidnap scene into their war games - although truthfully they were all rather hopeless jailers.
However the highlight of my career as a wannabee teen detective was undoubtedly the Summer that I spent the holidays with my Grandparents, who, after a great deal of cajoling/ begging on my part were finally persuaded to join in with my games.
Naturally they were cast as kidnappers, more specifically a pair of retired spies who had caught me snooping around their house and were now intent on keeping me prisoner. With my hands and feet fastened together with skipping ropes it was pretty easy to lose myself in the fantasy that I was the young hero caught snooping by a pair of ageing villains, particularly since my Gran took such great pleasure in teasing me when I was captured. 
"There! Not so smart now are you my little sleuth?! All tied up and nowhere to go!"
Clearly a lifetime of watching corny soap operas had given her an ear (and abiding love) for hackneyed dialogue.
She even started wearing an eye patch during our scenes together saying it made her character more "mysterious". 
Well, who was I to complain? Eventually we all began developing our own characters: 
Gran was the impossibly glamorous diamond smuggler Grace Fontaine, Granddad was her bungling sidekick Legs Malone and I was the teen detective Samantha Drew (Nancy's fictional cousin) 
For my part I would usually dress in jeans and a checked shirt, but sometimes I would change into my school uniform (which I had smuggled over in my rucksack so my parents wouldn't become suspicious)
Granddad was always teasing us for our hammy acting, but secretly he loved playing and really threw himself into the role of Gran's henchman, particularly when she ordered him to "tie up the meddling school girl and make sure it's good and tight!"
In reality Granddad was a total softie and the ropes were never terribly uncomfortable, but it was fun to pretend (although it should be noted that when Gran applied the cords herself I was rarely, if ever, capable of getting loose without help)
When the games were in their infancy Gran would usually be content simply tying my hands and feet and I often had to talk my way into being gagged - 
"Aren't you forgetting something? I might cry out for help" etc, however they soon began to take the hint and started to incorporate it into our games (and occasionally a blindfold too) Eventually Gran began keeping a pair of freshly laundered handkerchiefs in her purse specifically for this purpose. Sometimes she'd even remind my to put "my gags in the washing basket", which always made me smile.
As the plots became more developed, so too did the 'death traps' and it was not unusual for me to find myself tied to a chair with a 'bomb' in my lap (in reality an alarm clock radio) or threatened with being burnt at the stake. It was, all considered, tremendous fun. Sadly however, as with all things, the games died out when I went back to school. 
Maybe they felt I was getting a little too old to be rolling around in a dusty attic playing make-believe? (If only they knew,..)
However, to this day Grace Fontaine and Legs Malone will occasionally make reference to the Summer that their Granddaughter was a plucky teen detective,..
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Lovely story!
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Cute story! Thanks for sharing it
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

A true tale from the inimitable [mention]Stiletto Amore[/mention] is a treat indeed. Having such delightful grandparents is a gift of which you wisely took advantage. I imagine they had a lot to do with the way you turned out and for that I am grateful.
Thank you for sharing!
BobaFettish1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BobaFettish1 »

That was a really awesome and heartwarming story! And well written! Thanks for sharing. 😁
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

A real nice story, bondage, that was fun for all involved. Thanks for posting. :)
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Lovely story!
Yay! Thank you so much.
It felt really strange writing that wasn't 100% fiction
Deleted User 769

Canuck100 wrote: 5 years ago Cute story! Thanks for sharing it
Thank you so much for commenting. It's always so nice to get feedback
Really glad you enjoyed it! :D
Deleted User 769

Canuck100 wrote: 5 years ago Cute story! Thanks for sharing it
My pleasure and thank you for the positive feedback :D
Deleted User 769

MaxRoper wrote: 5 years ago A true tale from the inimitable @Stiletto Amore is a treat indeed. Having such delightful grandparents is a gift of which you wisely took advantage. I imagine they had a lot to do with the way you turned out and for that I am grateful.
Thank you for sharing!
Oh stop, you're making me blush!
But thank you all the same.
Yes, I think we can safely say it is all my Grandparent's fault (how little they knew,..)
Sadly, my true(ish) stories are few and far between, but there are a few more tales i could share,..
Deleted User 769

BobaFettish1 wrote: 5 years ago That was a really awesome and heartwarming story! And well written! Thanks for sharing. 😁
You're very welcome. I'm super glad you enjoyed it! :D
Deleted User 769

Tieup1 wrote: 5 years ago A real nice story, bondage, that was fun for all involved. Thanks for posting. :)
It was my absolute pleasure. So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback :D
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Stiletto Amore wrote: 5 years ago
MaxRoper wrote: 5 years ago A true tale from the inimitable @Stiletto Amore is a treat indeed. Having such delightful grandparents is a gift of which you wisely took advantage. I imagine they had a lot to do with the way you turned out and for that I am grateful.
Thank you for sharing!
Yes, I think we can safely say it is all my Grandparent's fault (how little they knew,..)
Sadly, my true(ish) stories are few and far between, but there are a few more tales i could share,..
Omg absolutely share more!!!!!!
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago
Thank you for sharing!
Well, there was that one time I entered a creative writing competition,..
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

WHAT HAPPENED?!
Deleted User 769

WHAT HAPPENED?!
Well without wishing to give away the plot of a future story (hopefully) it involved a script I wrote for drama class that featured a Nancy drew type character (imagine that!) and a pair of hoodlums who had apprehended her.
The dialogue, such as I can recall, centered on the two crooks arguing whilst I, as the wannabee teen sleuth sat at the back of the stage bound and gagged
Meaning a) I didn't have to learn any lines
and b) I got to be tied up in public without anyone asking any awkward questions (hurrah!)
In the end, everyone agreed it was a terribly witty script (i suspect it wasn't) and I got an A-minus without uttering a single word.
Score one for me!
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

WHAT HAPPENED?!
Well without wishing to give away the plot of a future story (hopefully) it involved a script I wrote for drama class that featured a Nancy drew type character (imagine that!) and a pair of hoodlums who had apprehended her.
The dialogue, such as I can recall, centered on the two crooks arguing whilst I, as the wannabee teen sleuth sat at the back of the stage bound and gagged
and b) I got to be tied up in public without anyone asking any awkward questions (hurrah!)
In the end, everyone agreed it was a terribly witty script (i suspect it wasn't) and I got an A-minus without uttering a single word.
Score one for me!
You really need to tell us the full story in detail!
Deleted User 769

WHAT HAPPENED?!
Score one for me!
You really need to tell us the full story in detail!
Ill see what I can do :)
I think I might still have a copy of the script somewhere
It was pretty bad - sub par Reservoir Dogs dirge from what I remember, but it served it's purpose - by which I mean it gave me a plausible excuse for getting myself trussed up in public (well, in front of the class)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic