Captivated m/f

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
calebtras
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Captivated m/f

Post by calebtras »

Captivated
We were about ready to give up. We were trying to get together a game of ringolevio, where the goal is for your team to invade the other team's territory, grab their flag without getting captured and put in prison, and make it back across the street to your home territory. Ordinarily, we played with ten or more kids on each team, using a whole block in our Brooklyn neighborhood for each territory, but today there were only six of us.
I really wanted to play because Colleen was there. She was leaning against a parked car, in cut-off denim shorts and a red t-shirt.
"We can still play," I insisted.
"Three people on a team?" Michael snorted. "I'll capture Colleen in two minutes and the game will be over."
"In your dreams," Colleen retorted.
I knew Michael wanted to play, too, for the same reason I did—to be around Colleen. He threw a playful punch at her shoulder. She quickly sidestepped, caught his arm and shoved him across the sidewalk. He just had time to brace his hands when she slammed him against the brick wall. He looked exactly like he did when the cops frisked him for marijuana.
"Busted!" I laughed.
Colleen played along and ran her hands down his sides and up each leg.
"Hey, baby, if you need to cop a feel, I'll give it to you," Michael taunted. Her need to one-up every boy who disrespected her irritated him, but I was drawn to it. I was jealous of Michael, Colleen gripping his shoulder as if she owned him, so I interrupted. "We can play three on a team. We put the prison at the bottom of the courtyard with the flag on the fire-escape above, so one person can guard both."
"Nah," Michael answered. "Then one person can free a prisoner and double up on the guard and get the flag easy."
Ordinarily if your teammate tagged you in prison shouting "Olly, olly oxen-free" then you were back in the game.
"We'll tie the prisoner's hand to the drainpipe," I said. "That way it will take a few seconds to free them so the guard can cover both the flag and the prison." All part of my plan.
Michael thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, okay, Terry. Let's try it."
We chose teams and, as I expected, Michael chose Colleen first. It wasn't just her sun-streaked brown hair, piercing green eyes, and, at fourteen, almost every time you saw her, becoming more beautiful. She was fearless. I once saw her escape capture by dropping from a fourth floor ledge to a roof two floors down. Frank, the opposing team captain, chose me first. All I needed was to capture Colleen.
I volunteered to guard the flag and prison. I draped the flag, an old t-shirt, over the second story fire-escape and cut a length of rope from a clothesline spanning an alley, tying one end to the drain pipe on one side of the courtyard.
Colleen was bold, but also impatient and reckless. I knew she would come over the roof as soon as she could to go for our flag. I would have to be a little reckless myself to catch her.
So I left the flag unguarded and hid by gingerly lowering myself down into a three-story deep air shaft, bracing my feet on a narrow window frame slippery with pigeon droppings, my fingers dug into the roof edge. Within minutes I heard her clamber onto the roof and head for the fire-escape. Gripping the roof, I planted one foot against the wall, and leaped up and behind her. I tripped but lunged, grabbing her ankle. I shouted "Ringolevio, one, two, three" three times as she shrieked in shock and kicked and punched me in a desperate effort to break loose.
"Captured," I shouted laughing.
"Terry, you shit!"
As I led her down the fire-escape to the courtyard she cursed bitterly. Being a prisoner was the worst—while your teammates go on sorties over rooftops and down fire-escapes, you're sitting and waiting to be freed. Being tied was extra humiliation. At the drainpipe, she lifted one hand to be tied, but I said, “Max security for you, Colleen.”
I crossed her wrists behind her back and wrapped the rope around them, tying a tight knot.
From my spot on the fire-escape I could watch my territory—the roof surrounding the courtyard, the alleyway from the street, and the other fire-escapes. But mostly I watched my prisoner. Her anger had turned to frustration, and she paced as far as the rope allowed, like a panther on a leash, watching for Michael to come to free her. I felt a little bad for her, but I was thrilled to have her as my captive.
Michael made some dashes for both the flag and to free Colleen, but I scrambled up and down the fire-escape, forcing his retreat. Then Frank came to the roof above holding up the other team's flag triumphantly. We congratulated each other while Colleen looked on glumly.
The others left to go home. The sun was setting behind Staten Island, and the courtyard, surrounded by buildings on all sides, was getting dark. I walked up to untie Colleen. I knew she blamed me for ruining the game for her and by now I half feared her and was half in love with her.
"Terry, you sneak. You know I can beat you."
I grinned. "With both hands tied behind your back."
"Yeah. Easy."
I strutted to her and poked her shoulder. "Show me what ya got."
I felt a nudge in my groin and looked down. She had brought her knee up sharply, stopping just short.
"I coulda' done your baby-makin' stuff 'fore you even start."
I took another step and put my arms around her waist. "What 'bout now?"
She snapped her head toward me so her forehead just touched my nose. "I didn't break your nose 'cause I don't want no blood on my shirt."
I rested my cheek lightly against hers. "What if I did this?"
I felt her teeth grip my earlobe. "Hey." As I pulled back, she tightened down.
"Say ' I give,'" she said through her teeth.
"Okay, okay, 'Give.'"
She released my ear and grinning said, “Ringolevio, Baby.”
Was this flirting or was she making a fool out of me like she had Michael?
She lifted her shoulder up to her neck and rubbed. "I got an itch."
I reached around her to undo the knot at her wrists but she shrugged her neck toward me. "Scratch it."
I scratched below her ear.
"A little lower."
I tickled her neck and she giggled. It was the first time I had ever seen her with a girlish smile. I felt, or hoped, she was warming up to me. I said, "You know, the best defense is a good offense."
"Yeah? Like what?"
"If you try to break my nose I'll do this," and kissed the tip of her nose. "If you try to bite my ear off I'll do this." I suckled her earlobe. “And if you really try to hurt me, I'll do this." I kissed her lightly on the lips. I was half afraid she'd bite me, or worse, laugh.
A light came on in the window above drowning me in a pool of light and shattering my moment. I sighed and untied the rope end from the drainpipe. She began walking, hands still tied behind her, rope trailing. I followed, into the dark, narrow alley.
She stopped in the middle and leaned back against the brick wall. "So, your good offense. Taking the fight to the enemy?" She laughed.
In the dark I couldn't tell if she was setting me up for a joke. I mumbled, "I guess I'm more of a lover than a fighter."
"A lover, huh?"
At fourteen, I wasn't much of a fighter or a lover. I asked, "Don't you believe in 'Love conquers all?'"
"Depends. On who's doin' the conquerin'." There was a challenge in her tone, but Colleen was a girl I'd risk playing the fool for.
I put my arm around her and kissed her. This time she returned the kiss, pressing so hard I leaned back. She spun, pushing me against the wall. With her hands tied, she braced her feet on the concrete, pressing her teeth into my lips until they hurt. It was only when I stopped trying to slide away and let her bite my cheek, suck hard on my neck, she softened, kissing me gently. We kissed and nuzzled for a long time. When I reached around to free her hands, she pulled them away. A stray cat yowled at the street end of the garbage can lined alleyway, and at any time a wino or junkie could have wandered in, keeping us from going further, but for me it was a spot of heaven.
With her lips against mine, she whispered "Ringolevio, one, two, three" three times; just as if she'd captured me. And she had.
silvertape
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertape »

Cute story! It's hard to believe kids once roamed wild over roofs, across fire escapes, and down air shafts. You New Yorkers are a tough breed. :lol:

Since she refused to let you untie her hands, I wonder if she was, uh, into it? And into you, of course. ;)
calebtras
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by calebtras »

Looking back, I think Colleen wanted her hands tied because it kept her from having to prove herself, and she could get into kissing me.
CaptorDM
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CaptorDM »

This is a super cute story! I love it :)

Are there more stories with Colleen or ringolevio?
DamselnDragon on deviantart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic