OTM Gags: Ineffective Classics

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Deleted User 331

OTM Gags: Ineffective Classics

Post by Deleted User 331 »

Know don't let the title of the topic fool you OTM gags are my favorite gags. I grew up with a lot of 80's and 90's cartoons where they were the gag of choice. To me they look the best out of all gags. They cover up the mouth which is a must for me.

However in real life OTM gags by themselves are not enough to produce a proper mmphing effect you of course must add some stuffing to the mouth first.

Still though to me at the end of the day OTM gags are true classics and look great.

Are there any fellow OTM enthusiasts that agree with me?
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Me. I used to only like OTM gags and couldn't stand others. Now I'm more open minded about gags in general, but mouth stuffing+cloth tied over it is still my favorite gag.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

I'm also partial to big white cotton over the mouth/nose gags.

Now to discuss effectiveness; if you want to make a good effective and cosmetically pleasing classic cloth gag, use the stuffing as discussed above, a cleave gag, and a tight "high-knot" over the mouth/nose gag.

Step 1: It seems that silken panties and briefs make pretty good stuffing since they compress well in the mouth (and are comfy).

Step 2: Using preferably a stretchy piece of jersey knit cloth (you can source this at your local Michaels or JoAnn fabrics, I of course prefer it in white), tightly cleave gag the stuffing in, securing it.

Step 3: Wrapping the cloth around the whole lower face (I like covering the nose, if you do it right there is no danger of impeding the nostrils), tightly knot the package off behind the captive's head, high up on the top of the back of their skull.

Of course this can be uncomfortable if not executed properly, so communicate with the subject to increase comfort by adjusting the knot.

This seems to work pretty well. If I have extra trouble with someone, I tend to just regag them the same way and add some duct tape around the otm gag to secure it. All of these gags require lots of attention, maintenance, and aftercare. Never leave someone who is gagged with stuffing or anything more than a loose cleave or otm gag without stuffing alone.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I always liked cleave gags, especially nice thick ones, like the old square scout neckerchiefs from the 40's and 50's, or 7-8 foot long bandages, 5-6 inches wide. They were not very effective, but aesthetically, they couldn't be beat.

Despite their lack of effectiveness, there were actors (and some of my friends, as well) that could make them appear effective.

Drawscore
Deleted User 3595

Post by Deleted User 3595 »

Agree , OTM are really cool , specially a white cloth for a pretty damsel in distress , but also on a guy
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I have to agree with other posters. Although OTM gags are not that effective, they look great, especially on a pretty damsel. A lot of old black and white films, have some good examples. :)
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

SpeedoBondageFTW wrote: 5 years ago Know don't let the title of the topic fool you OTM gags are my favorite gags. I grew up with a lot of 80's and 90's cartoons where they were the gag of choice. To me they look the best out of all gags. They cover up the mouth which is a must for me.

However in real life OTM gags by themselves are not enough to produce a proper mmphing effect you of course must add some stuffing to the mouth first.

Still though to me at the end of the day OTM gags are true classics and look great.

Are there any fellow OTM enthusiasts that agree with me?
I guess the do look better, but I've never been gagged like that to the point where you really couldn't figure out what I was trying to say. If I was gagged that good, I might be choking on it, which would be pretty bad.

Ballgags for me these days :P
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

BindPam wrote: 5 years ago Ballgags for me these days :P
I actually like popping in a ballgag and then veiling it with a big white otn gag. I do respect the effectiveness of a ballgag, but they are very unappealing looking.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

An otm gag is actually the only gag that I can do because I have a horrible gag reflux so I cannot have any stuffing in my mouth for safety reasons. Because of this, I have always loved the looks of an otm gag preferably from a scarf and although a white one would be a classic, I don't care what color it is.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

I agree that the OTM is a pretty uneffective gag on it's own, but as already mentioned combined with a stuffing it can be a very good gag.

Also I think that an OTM is a very comfortable gag, it feels very nice, esepcially when you just wanna relax in your bonds.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

Just like you grew up with those cartoons and although now surpassed by the otn, it's still my second favorite option.
The ball jaws in my country tend to be already linked to the bdsm, and they are not to my liking along with the popular adesive tape in the scenes did of the current movies.
Obviously neither the otn or otm can be said to be very effective in preventing a captive from talking, but aesthetically they are impressive.
I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
SweetDamsel
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer
Location: Tied up in dire peril awaiting my rescuer! Oh where is my hero?

Post by SweetDamsel »

I always liked the look of OTM gags best. Since I’m a melodrama fan and that is the typical gag for a melodrama damsel that probably contributed to why I like those best.
Help! Save me! Where oh where is my hero?
Seventh Crow
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Seventh Crow »

OTM is one of my absolute favorites! Ineffective yes but soooo aesthetically pleasing :3
andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

yeah OTM gag is great i prefer the wrap around tape gag but OTM gag is my second best gag and its only effective when your mouth is stuffed.
Cersei_Gagged
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Cersei_Gagged »

I'm all about white otm gags! <3 For me there's nothing better.
"You'll never get away with... MMMPH!"
Emma
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Emma »

I think I prefer cleave gags these days :D
Don's Stories, Posted by Emma, Are Here!:https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5915
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Emma wrote: 4 years ago I think I prefer cleave gags these days :D

How about having a cleave gag, and an otm over it, best of both worlds. Feels good, looks good ;)
Deleted User 3595

Post by Deleted User 3595 »

Tieup1 wrote: 4 years ago
Emma wrote: 4 years ago I think I prefer cleave gags these days :D

How about having a cleave gag, and an otm over it, best of both worlds. Feels good, looks good ;)
Perfect idea , cool and usefull
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

It's sad but true, that bondage in general and gags in special are often portrayed very incorrectly in mainstream media (incorrect in the way that they don't have the effect in reality that they have in the media).
The OTM gag being just one humble example of it....

more gag fault examples:

- The magical thin cleave gag, which prevents the victim making any sound at all
- In general, a gagged victim not being able to produce any sound at all
- Hands tied looseley in front but victim cant get his gag off
- Gags which can be pulled down with just a slight pull (they would fall of themselves after a few minutes anyway)
- Tape gags which cannot be worked of by the victim, no matter what, but can be easily pulled of by the hero

And don't get me started on the quality of bindings in mainstream media...

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
RaeGray4477
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RaeGray4477 »

Definitely will always love the OTM cloth gag aesthetic. But I’m also partial to a good tape gag, even though without the stuffing they can be pretty ineffective as well
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

OTM are definitely the best looking type of gag, but it does need to some stuffing below. Always slightly disappointed when watching a damsel has her OTM gag removed and there is no stuffing. Like it when some of the stuffing can be seen, as per this example from one of my favourite scenes. Just a pity that you don't see the gag being applied at any point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Honestly, I love a good OTM gag with mouth stuffing. There's just something nice about having cloth tied around your head as opposed to tape and not having your mouth forced to stay open. I've always loved em. The give a great aesthetic too!
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

https://megaupload.nz/W9eb48vdn2/proper ... ouTube_mp4

Nice scene with double OTM. a lesson to all.

[mention]BoundJana[/mention] [mention]Handsome Scoundrel[/mention] [mention]Cersei_Gagged[/mention] [mention]Emma[/mention] [mention]Chloe Badelaine[/mention] [mention]SweetDamsel[/mention] [mention]DallasNotAustin[/mention]
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

mrjones2009 wrote: 4 years ago https://megaupload.nz/W9eb48vdn2/proper ... ouTube_mp4

Nice scene with double OTM. a lesson to all.

@BoundJana @Handsome Scoundrel @Cersei_Gagged @Emma @Chloe Badelaine @SweetDamsel @DallasNotAustin
That is a nice scene! Thanks for sharing. Too bad she didn't do more mmphing into that thick gaggage. She didn't appear to have stuffing applied though which would be necessary to mute that beaut.

I feel like the Jam gag is the way the OTM should be executed. Pro tip- Cloth diapers make for excellent otm gags, especially when doing layers and stretching them so as to anchor the gags onto places like the top of the head.

https://www.deviantart.com/jam-orbital/ ... -545544786
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Hope it's ok to post on an older thread like this. I saw this while browsing and had to give my two cents. I love otm gags. I especially love white otm gags as they are most associated with the damsel in distress.

I use folded pillow cases for my otm gags, tying them as tight as I can behind my head. I do not use any stuffing. While this is not 100% by any means, it's enough to to make my speech more more difficult. I find otm gags to be very comfortable to wear and my gag of choice if I'm going to be in bondage long-term.
Last edited by captured_prize 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic