Tagging Guidelines (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This section contains the introductions thread as well as the forum rules and tips for story writing!
Warning: All users are responsible for reading the site rules. Failure to read the rules does NOT exclude you or your posts from disciplinary actions.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Melanie wrote: 6 years ago 1. Yeah, but what's the accepted abbreviation? Using M or F might irritate people, because their gender identity is different than their assigned sex. I don't know if people are confused when they read about a person behaving and dressing like a woman all story long and suddenly the reader finds out she's got a penis. I mean not all transgenders are immediately undergoing surgery and become fully transformed. So do we use MTF (male to female) and FTM or sth? Or do we stick with M or F referring to the gender identity and not to the biological sex? Let's try that again: if a person identifies as male, then he should use M; if anyone identifies as female, then use F. I think your final point is stretching things a bit - unless you have a particular story in mind. In MY PERSONAL opinion: it is no busines of mine whether Robert was once Roberta or whether Dianna was previously Dean.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Let me also try: M is male as in male man not boy or male as in any male of any age? Same with female?
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

F is female adult.
f is female minor.
M is male adult.
m is male minor.

Adult 18+
Hope this helps.
Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

Thank you all. Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page.
freyjaceleste862

[quote=bondagefreak post_id=2454 time=1522041678 user_id=73]
F is female adult.
f is female minor.
M is male adult.
m is male minor.

Adult 18+
Hope this helps.
[/quote]

who set this? Is this complusory?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

What matters ids that it HAS been suggested in order to be of help to the readership.
freyjaceleste862

[quote=Xtc post_id=2490 time=1522074969 user_id=52]
What matters ids that it HAS been suggested in order to be of help to the readership.
[/quote]

So I want to hear it as a complusory rule M or m F or f? Is it complusory?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I repeat, " . . . of help to the readersip." Why try to be deliberately awkward?
It is not compulsory to write in English, but to do otherwise would be considered to be less than helpful and supportive to most of our members.

Having said that, I suggest that you do as you wish but don't be surprised if someone less tolerant and nice than I :roll: (naming no names) :twisted: asks you to tag the piece before it is taken down.

Let's try to be nice to each other, please.
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

freyjaceleste862 wrote: 6 years ago
Xtc wrote: 6 years ago What matters ids that it HAS been suggested in order to be of help to the readership.
So I want to hear it as a complusory rule M or m F or f? Is it complusory?
You know I really don't appreciate you going around me. I said it was no big deal and requested you change it but made no move to do anything about it
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Yes, it is compulsory. If your story isn't properly tagged it will be locked, and if you don't acknowledge the rules or if you further break the rules it will be deleted and you will be officially warned.
freyjaceleste862

[quote=Xtc post_id=2594 time=1522164406 user_id=52]
I repeat, [b][color=#FF0000]" . . . of help to the readersip."[/color][/b] Why try to be deliberately awkward?
It is not compulsory to write in English, but to do otherwise would be considered to be less than helpful and supportive to most of our members.

Having said that, I suggest that you do as you wish but don't be surprised if someone less tolerant and nice than I :roll: (naming no names) :twisted: asks you to tag the piece before it is taken down.

Let's try to be nice to each other, please.
[/quote]

I understand English. That wasn't my question.
freyjaceleste862

[quote=chadmc90 post_id=2645 time=1522187342 user_id=2]
Yes, it is compulsory. If your story isn't properly tagged it will be locked, and if you don't acknowledge the rules or if you further break the rules it will be deleted and you will be officially warned.
[/quote]

I tagged them.

So I want a clear answer from the main mods: Must I use lowercase tags for non-adults? Will I get the cato-o-nine tails if I don't?
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

freyjaceleste862 wrote: 6 years ago
chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago Yes, it is compulsory. If your story isn't properly tagged it will be locked, and if you don't acknowledge the rules or if you further break the rules it will be deleted and you will be officially warned.
I tagged them.

So I want a clear answer from the main mods: Must I use lowercase tags for non-adults? Will I get the cato-o-nine tails if I don't?
No you DO NOT HAVE to use upper and lower.

However it is RECOMMENDED and GENERALLY APPRECIATED that you do.
freyjaceleste862

From BoundJana (via a pm)

Re: M or m F or f

Sent: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am
Recipient: freyjaceleste862

It's preferable but not complusory
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]freyjaceleste862[/mention],

You have your answer. There was no need to pm me;you were not going to get a different answer form the very reasonable ones that you have already been given.

The matter is closed.
I am locking this thread.
Locked Previous topicNext topic