The Big Message at the Top

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

The Big Message at the Top

Post by Kyle »

Is there any way to minimize the alert message that appears at the top of the screen? I don't think I need to see the alert about the site shutdown a few weeks ago anymore.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

There should be a small x in one of the corners to get rid of it. As far as I know that was always an option for me every time I have been on this site.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Kyle wrote: 4 years ago I don't think I need to see the alert about the site shutdown a few weeks ago anymore.
Then just shut the alert off my clicking on the "X" button.
It won't reappear again after that.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

There is no X to close the admin’s message
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

See photo attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

I'm viewing on my iPad and I don't see an X either...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

radarlove67 wrote: 4 years ago I'm viewing on my iPad and I don't see an X either...
The "X" would normally only appear if your cursor is on the message box.

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

bondagefreak wrote: 4 years ago
radarlove67 wrote: 4 years ago I'm viewing on my iPad and I don't see an X either...
The "X" would normally only appear if your cursor is on the message box.
Yeah similar to how if you want to view a specific notification you have to hold tap, then drag somewhere else on the notification button (so you don't get taken to the notification page), you have to do similar to press the X, first tap in the message box.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

There’s no visible X no matter what I do, but clicking the upper-right corner does get rid of it.
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

Indeed, on mobile the notification can't be closed.

For me, on a computer I see the "X" and that closes the box, but it shows back up the next time I click a link to another page. I clicked the X so many times, and it keeps coming back...

I eventually got tired of it and told my ad blocker that it was an advertisement, so now at least in my computer I don't see it any more. But no such luck on any mobile device. 😬
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

NeedControl wrote: 4 years ago Indeed, on mobile the notification can't be closed.

For me, on a computer I see the "X" and that closes the box, but it shows back up the next time I click a link to another page. I clicked the X so many times, and it keeps coming back...

I eventually got tired of it and told my ad blocker that it was an advertisement, so now at least in my computer I don't see it any more. But no such luck on any mobile device. 😬
You can actually close it on mobile, but the X isn't visible, so it might take a few tries to hit the right spot. I don't know what to say about it continuing to pop back up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic