What absolutely ruins a bondage video for you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
SolidSnickerdoodle

What absolutely ruins a bondage video for you?

Post by SolidSnickerdoodle »

Last edited by SolidSnickerdoodle 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

To be honest I can pass the bad acting if the bondage is good.

What really drives me crazy is when the bondage looks extremely fake; like it's obvious they could easily get out of those ropes or it's clear they can perfectly speak with that gag on! The other thing that I hate is unnecessary ties that don't have any practical or aesthetic purpose, like wrapping a rope around thier waist without attaching it to anythign... just why?

But perhaps my biggest pet peeve (that also applies to many things in my life) is the wasted potential. Like videos that had great elements, gear or scenarios and should work well in paper but because of the bad acting or lackluster bondage fall flat and end up being boring (I can think of a couple sites guilty of that!)
pam01
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by pam01 »

Last edited by pam01 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
We're done here.
Deleted User 536

Post by Deleted User 536 »

No gag!

Sometimes bad acting ruins it, but I like when the captor teases a bit. I hate when the captive is too whiny and makes those annoying and overdone noises. You can tell when the actors are so not into it, those are the bad videos. I don't like when the captive is stripped right away either, I prefer videos where a little time is took, instead of the videos that skip around.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I don't watch bondage videos, simply because, most of them seem so fake. The acting is horrendous, the situations are unbelievable, the bondage most times is too elaborate, who needs 20 feet of rope, lol

Penelope Pitstop could teach them a thing or two :lol:
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Oh there are many things that I just can't stand :lol:

1. No gag (especially in kidnappings, home invasions etc): a captive who can still scream isn't really helpless.
2. The captive not tied effectivly: way too easy or way too much use of ropes, tapes etc. Use the ressources effectivly.
3. Male POV: that's a complete private thing, but videos in male POV are just not my thing.
4. This part at the start of the video where the actresses talk and introduce themself, where they make a saveword etc: I clicked on the video to see them tie and f*ck each other, not to get to know that one started to have TUGs with 10 or so.
5. No plot: just videos of squirming captives are pretty boring.
6. Not showing the tie up process: just cutting away the scenes where the captives get tied is a turn down, show me how you tied them up.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
RKOJason03
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RKOJason03 »

I hate when they don’t use duct tape wrappings around the head for a gag. And when they don’t show the person doing the tying. Or when we don’t get to see the person struggle for long.

All that makes me angry.
Jason Gines
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

First of all, I have to agree with the rest of you, especially when it comes to the bad acting. Another thing for me is when the person that did the tying keeps walking back into the shot after tying the person up and walking off. For some reason, that annoys me.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
Blakenome1999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Blakenome1999 »

This is just because I’m 100% homosexual but if a girl is anywhere in frame....
I’m young and impressionable, I need someone to guide me through this world... preferably on a leash... and then tie me up afterwords... or before... and I guess a gag could be used as well... :D
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Blakenome1999 wrote: 6 years ago This is just because I’m 100% homosexual but if a girl is anywhere in frame....
So like there's a really really good M/M bondage video, you enjoy it greatly and think: "Yes, that's a great video, I like it" and then in the last seconds a woman enters the scene for plot reasons or something and you immadently toss your computer out of the video, screaming: "BEGONE THOT, THIS VIDEO IS GARBAGE AND MADE BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!" :lol:
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Michael-Colin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Michael-Colin »

I normally only watch M/M vids, and on occasion a F/M if the position/bondage is interesting. Something that'll turn me off though is if they leave the captive's shoes on. I can stand bad acting - Feet with shoes? Nope...
Banner courtesy of bondagefreak ^_^
Link to story here - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7723
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Off screen tying and poor gags annoy me I mean this is meant to be a bondage video not a soap opera.

But the main thing has got to be excessive drooling. I'm not a fan of ballgags much anyway and the drooling just makes me feel unwell.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Many things can ruin a vid for me, guess my list would look like:

- bad acting
- poor bondage
- ineffective gags
- damsel isn't barefoot
- music playing throughout
Blakenome1999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Blakenome1999 »

BoundJana wrote: 6 years ago
Blakenome1999 wrote: 6 years ago This is just because I’m 100% homosexual but if a girl is anywhere in frame....
So like there's a really really good M/M bondage video, you enjoy it greatly and think: "Yes, that's a great video, I like it" and then in the last seconds a woman enters the scene for plot reasons or something and you immadently toss your computer out of the video, screaming: "BEGONE THOT, THIS VIDEO IS GARBAGE AND MADE BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!" :lol:
Just because of how funny that is... yes...
I’m young and impressionable, I need someone to guide me through this world... preferably on a leash... and then tie me up afterwords... or before... and I guess a gag could be used as well... :D
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Varieties

Bondage video: As in over 18/21 with BDSM themes?

or

Tie up/capture/hostage: Any age, but unrealistic or poor binding or gag?

I think you won't find a "runined BDSM/bondage video" that often.
fratboydanny
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by fratboydanny »

I am with those who say poor unrealistic bondage and poor gags. And, while i love to hear some good mmpppgghhing or some gag talk I really hate it when the all the captive does is mmmpggpphhh and does so extremely loudly in a nonstop manner.
ravish
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ravish »

Soooo many things, many of which have already been mentioned.

Not really into watching anything penetrative and most sexual stimulation if it takes over the actual bondage action and when men are involved.

I'm fine seeing women being tied up by men, even though I'm lesbian, cause, well, usually the focus is on the woman anyway. What really irks me is, similar to what some people mentioned up-thread about a woman randomly coming in at the end of m/m videos, not only do men frequently come into what is claiming to be an f/f video, but even if there are no men, the conversation will often be about them. Aka: 'When your husband comes home...', 'Bet you liked getting fucked by guys.', 'I will sell you to guys.', etc. NOT WHAT I'M HERE FOR.

On a mildly related note, the whole subject of talking in general is a delicate balance. I like some dialogue, if somewhat decently acted and if not completely stupid or irksome for whatever reason, but some dominants just don't know when to shut up, to the point where I frequently wish that I could gag THEM.

Lastly, I only very rarely like videos with more than one 'victim'. I couldn't even say exactly why, I guess it just tends to lead to too much noise, busyness, focus on stuff I don't care about. Eh. That's just a personal quirk. (not that all of these things aren't personal preferences.)
Gaggedgeekgirl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gaggedgeekgirl »

Whatever the scene, dress code or gender of characters (well this only applies,when there,is at least one male)

What ruins bondage is when a guy gets his member out. I don't mind if he's naked and being teased, tormented and tortured by women, it's when he has the woman tied up and unzips his trousers.
WayBiggerJaws
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WayBiggerJaws »

Dialogue is a big one for me. Not always, some videos need talking, and sometimes the scripting works well. But often it all comes across really fake, or just silly, which then puts me off whatever rope fun might actually be taking place.

I'll also agree with previous posters here. The tying up needs to look tight, like something that actually can keep someone restrained and helpless. I like my realism.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I agree. Bad acting/poor dialogue can totally ruin it. Better you should just stay quiet.

Also hats. Am I supposed to believe you got yourself tied up and didn't manage to lose the stupid cowboy hat?
Same for slip-on shoes.
Herp Derp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Herp Derp »

Ugly feet. I like feet in general, but if the person being bound has toes that look like one of the dragon claws from Skyrim, I'd rather they were wearing socks or shoes. Sometimes less is more.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

Two things:

Bad bondage obviously for one. If the bondage is so laughably loose that clearly the victim isnt actualyl restrained then whats the point?

Bad acting/lack of struggling. I dont care if its the best looking bondage on the planet if the victim is just sittiting their quietly and not struggling then i might as well just look at pictures. Sometimes when it comes to videos i gravitate to ones with “unhappy” scenarios like kidnapping into slavery or threat of murder just because those scenarios tend to involve pretty good struggling
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

When their is no gag, and when the victim is not muffling, and you cant see them if their in the dark.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Tapegaglover wrote: 5 years ago When a woman has her female captive bound and gagged, and she’s having fun with her, having a very sexy time, then some fucking dude shows up out of nowhere and ties them both up, ruining the great girl/girl action.
Funny, you just described an ideal bondage vid for me, haha. I mean, it's kind of best of both worlds for me. First you get 2 women doing the captor/captive thing, then you end up with two beautiful captives instead of just one!
Deleted User 520

Post by Deleted User 520 »

I hate when people aren't barefoot. But mostly the ties aren't done very well when they could have been great!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic