Stop messaging straight for online Role Play

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
milliehelpless
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Stop messaging straight for online Role Play

Post by milliehelpless »

So...

I have been on this forum for about 2 days now. Many members were quite welcoming thank you! But I have also been receiving numerous messages from other members asking me to do Online Role Play straight away without even introducing themselves or even saying hi which I believe is extremely rude!

I do not do online role plays but even asking somebody to role play online without speaking and getting to know each other is just absurd. Please be respectful! I love people messaging me but also please be respectful and introduce yourself. Asking for a straight role play is even worse than just a simple ''Hello'' message.

I do not do online role plays. I speak only about tie ups and my past experiences.

I hope the above message clears everything up!
Love
Millie.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

Unfortunately these types of spam messages happen on this site, much to us mods, and other members annoyance. So if it happens again, just report the message and one of the mods will take care of it.
milliehelpless
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by milliehelpless »

Solarbeast wrote: 3 years ago Unfortunately these types of spam messages happen on this site, much to us mods, and other members annoyance. So if it happens again, just report the message and one of the mods will take care of it.
Thank you. I wasn't aware of the issue here. I will take that note.
Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

Welcome to the site, Millie! :D

Yes that does seem to be a common occurrence. Its a bit rude for people to do so without even an introduction.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

If people are harassing you with role play requests, let us know. We can't know what happens in private messages unless it's reported.
milliehelpless
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by milliehelpless »

chadmc90 wrote: 3 years ago If people are harassing you with role play requests, let us know. We can't know what happens in private messages unless it's reported.
Will do. Thanks so much!
Gaggedgeekgirl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gaggedgeekgirl »

milliehelpless wrote: 3 years ago So...

I have been on this forum for about 2 days now. Many members were quite welcoming thank you! But I have also been receiving numerous messages from other members asking me to do Online Role Play straight away without even introducing themselves or even saying hi which I believe is extremely rude!

I do not do online role plays but even asking somebody to role play online without speaking and getting to know each other is just absurd. Please be respectful! I love people messaging me but also please be respectful and introduce yourself. Asking for a straight role play is even worse than just a simple ''Hello'' message.

I do not do online role plays. I speak only about tie ups and my past experiences.

Love
Millie.

Hi Millie. Same thing happened when I joined a year or so back. First few days they see a new girl , I'm not sure it happens so much with males, and loads of blokes (they were all male) with no communication or social skills bombard you with role play requests or some variant of "you are alone, I tie you up. What do you do?" My answer: ignore you completely and permanently.

By the way Hi. I don't pm role play either but did open a thread in TUG Talk for everyone who wants to to RP TOGETHER
milliehelpless
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by milliehelpless »

Gaggedgeekgirl wrote: 3 years ago

Love
Millie.

Hi Millie. Same thing happened when I joined a year or so back. First few days they see a new girl , I'm not sure it happens so much with males, and loads of blokes (they were all male) with no communication or social skills bombard you with role play requests or some variant of "you are alone, I tie you up. What do you do?" My answer: ignore you completely and permanently.

By the way Hi. I don't pm role play either but did open a thread in TUG Talk for everyone who wants to to RP TOGETHER
I've been told its been a common issue here. So if it happens again, I'll just report it to one of the moderators here! Thanks!
SoftlySwitching
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by SoftlySwitching »

Love
Millie.

It happens to guys too, especially once I started posting stories. I will say that whenever I report it to the mods they handle it extremely quickly.
Bound and gagged, completely trapped in sensations of silk and fur, either giving or receiving, I’m in 100%
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

SoftlySwitching wrote: 3 years ago

Love
Millie.

It happens to guys too, especially once I started posting stories. I will say that whenever I report it to the mods they handle it extremely quickly.
Agreed, it happens to me too. The mods here are really good about looking into it.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
Samuel2409
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Samuel2409 »

Btw Millie calmed to be the girl in her profile pic even tho amydamsels profile pic is a different girl tied up with the exact same ropes and same unique gag so if anyone’s talking to Millie just thought you should know that
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Samuel2409 wrote: 3 years ago Btw Millie calmed to be the girl in her profile pic even tho amydamsels profile pic is a different girl tied up with the exact same ropes and same unique gag so if anyone’s talking to Millie just thought you should know that
.....and WHY do you care?
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

Love
Millie.

@GaggedGeekGirl,
I think it does happen to males quite a bit. St least in my experience. The first few days I was on here I got several messages of people asking me to pretend to be their mom and how I would tie them up in their underwear. It was quite weird and annoying since I never advertised I wanted to role play. But the spam messages do tend to die down the longer you’re on here. At least for me.
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Our friend who keeps asking people to be their mum is a feature! We do try to wave him tat-tas as soon as he raises his head.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Samuel2409
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Samuel2409 »

chadmc90 wrote: 3 years ago
Samuel2409 wrote: 3 years ago Btw Millie calmed to be the girl in her profile pic even tho amydamsels profile pic is a different girl tied up with the exact same ropes and same unique gag so if anyone’s talking to Millie just thought you should know that
.....and WHY do you care?
Because some people will be gullible enough to give him private info and pics and I just had the crazy idea that some guys on here would like to know they’re talking to a guy instead of a girl who he is claiming to be, I don’t think that’s much of a big deal but the fact you allow that kind of behaviour on your site is worrying
milliehelpless
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by milliehelpless »

Xtc wrote: 3 years ago Our friend who keeps asking people to be their mum is a feature! We do try to wave him tat-tas as soon as he raises his head.
I heard from some people about this as well so if I ever receive one, I will immediately report it to you!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Samuel2409 wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think that’s much of a big deal but the fact you allow that kind of behaviour on your site is worrying
You people drive me insane.
What do you want the mods to do?
Ask for ID proof each time a disgruntled member flings accusations about another member not being who he/she says he/she is?

Seriously, those of you who expect the staff to start playing Identity Police need some therapy work and a serious reality check.
If you can't handle the thought of not knowing who you're dealing with on the other side of the screen, then STOP trying to hookup over the internet and START using the site for what it was made for; stories.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

It happens, if you post something someone finds interesting on the site there is a segment of people who will automatically request a roleplay. As a dude it happens sometimes to me, I imagine it’s much worse for women.

Whole thing is fairly bizarre however considering there is a role play forum full of people ASKING to role play and you have chuckleheads trying to badger people into it
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago
Samuel2409 wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think that’s much of a big deal but the fact you allow that kind of behaviour on your site is worrying
You people drive me insane.
What do you want the mods to do?
Ask for ID proof each time a disgruntled member flings accusations about another member not being who he/she says he/she is?

Seriously, those of you who expect the staff to start playing Identity Police need some therapy work and a serious reality check.
If you can't handle the thought of not knowing who you're dealing with on the other side of the screen, then STOP trying to hookup over the internet and START using the site for what it was made for; stories.
Lol, I am so unsurprised by your response. Messaged the lad, asking him to rethink his approach. To his credit, he listened, somewhat.
I always had this idea that you and I could pull off a good cop/bad cop routine, and well, here it is! Lol
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

Another issue ive noticed on this site which i think might be contributing is the interest sectons on the profiles. When you click to see more about a member, unless you change it the default is examples: ballgags, kidnapping roleplay and something else i cant remeber right now. Maybe people when they are looking up members, especially new members to the site, may think a large percentage are into kidnapping roleplay?

Just a thought? :)
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I'm only restoring this topic because it does have some valid points.

Per Ballgag's suggestion, I changed the default value for "Interests" to not have actual examples in it. It now says the following:

<~~the user has not specified any interests~~>
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Update: It looks like it will only apply to future site users, and not change defaults for current members that have not set their interests. Everyone needs to go in and update their profiles to add their actual interests to it rather than leave the old default.
Locked Previous topicNext topic