Microfoam tape

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Microfoam tape

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

I have always liked the look.if the tape it always looks very appealing and aesthetically so to the eye in the photos I have done across online. I managed to get myself some sometime who but I was very disappointed with the results of it. I can't recall the brand name of it but what I wanted to ask was how have you guys found it if you have tried it? To second that would anyone know a good place to get some in future in the UK?

I would much appreciate any feedback you have to give as it would really help for the future.

Regards
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

The stuff is often confused with cheap cloth sports tape which isnt great for gags etc. But microfoam, which is a thicker material that is hypoallergenic and generally good for sensitive areas like the mouth works great. You do not end up ripping out hair or leaving bruises. It is expensive and though I agree that it looks nice, PVC tape is much cheaper, looks more like duct tape and also does not leave marks or ruin hair.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
honourthechapter1775

Thanks for the input I'll give it a go
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Not familiar with microfoam tape but would like to see if there is some kind of re-useable tape what could use to wrap around easily without having to worry about knots or losing its use when taken off like most other tapes.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]Terry[/mention] The tape you are describing is called bondage tape. It is reusable, only sticks to itself, and comes in a multitude of colors.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Solarbeast wrote: 2 years ago @Terry The tape you are describing is called bondage tape. It is reusable, only sticks to itself, and comes in a multitude of colors.
Nice, this could be the kind of tape what was used in my alien abduction story lol. Sounds good for good mummification also.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

Solarbeast wrote: 2 years ago @Terry The tape you are describing is called bondage tape. It is reusable, only sticks to itself, and comes in a multitude of colors.
I have used bondage tape and can assure you that there is nothing reusable about it. It gets all tangled up and twisted together.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

I guess it's up to the situation because I have also used it and I was able to reuse it.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

McMurdoPI wrote: 2 years ago
I have used bondage tape and can assure you that there is nothing reusable about it. It gets all tangled up and twisted together.
Oh I see. I suppose bandages could be used or something similar although don't know if those are easily available outside of hospitals.
honourthechapter1775

I have also tried bondage tape not sure if it's just my stubble but it didn't work all that, it didn't work on my girlfriend either. Still thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try vet wrap answer no that works whenever we're able to get round to it that is.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

Yeah coban and vetwrap are great, especially for gags. If you are looking for something soft that isnt rope, long cut strips of jersey knit cotton work good for gags and bindings. You can buy it by the yard at your local fabric store.
honourthechapter1775

Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic