BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG (M+/M+) *UPDATE APR 04*

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SAGAS HAVE YOU FOUND YOURSELF RE-READING OR GOING BACK TO THE MOST? (2 VOTES)

BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG
45%
TEACHING BRAD A LESSON
4%
EASY PREY I-IV
25%
THIRTY-SIX HOURS OF HELL
4%
HOUSE ARREST I & II
6%
HOW I BECAME A COLLEGE DORM SLAVE
14%
OTHER (SPECIFY)
1%

Total votes: 113

sock slave boy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sock slave boy »

bondagefreak

Why do you think it would be better if we're all a Joey gag :roll: , you thought the others would be too strong for us :lol: ? that we couldn't support them and that we would pass out or be disgusted ;) ? I think it's a little vexing for your readers :x , we're all big boys :lol: , we could easily tolerate Shawn's most putrid socks 8-) .

P.S the more you talk about Shawn the more his value to me :mrgreen:
Last edited by sock slave boy 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

bondagefreak wrote: 9 months ago Keeping in mind that the FO scores found on the stat cards are not necessarily representative of the smelliness of a laundry hamper's contents, my list would differ a bit from @noarmgr if I had to rank their hampers in terms of severity. Going by their respective laundry habits and etc, it would look something like this:

1- JOEY/ETHAN
2- JOSH/KYLE
3- BRAD
---------------------------------------------------DANGER ZONE
4- CHRIS/PHIL
5- ANDREW/COREY/BIG MIKE
6- MITCH/BOB/ZACK
7- NICK
8- SHAWN

So many people are going to take your list, flip it, and announce that's their ranking for favourite to least favoured :lol:
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

Footsub123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Footsub123 »

bondagefreak wrote: 9 months ago Keeping in mind that the FO scores found on the stat cards are not necessarily representative of the smelliness of a laundry hamper's contents, my list would differ a bit from @noarmgr if I had to rank their hampers in terms of severity. Going by their respective laundry habits and etc, it would look something like this:

1- JOEY/ETHAN
2- JOSH/KYLE
3- BRAD
---------------------------------------------------DANGER ZONE
4- CHRIS/PHIL
5- ANDREW/COREY/BIG MIKE
6- MITCH/BOB/ZACK
7- NICK
8- SHAWN
[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] my nose curled from just reading that list haha

Going back to the question you asked earlier, about which gags would suit a different scenario, this ranking could be a good measurement on sockgags.

For example, if you need to shut someone up quickly, the a simple gag like Josh's socks could work. However, the rush of the situation could lead to something like Corey's socks could be used to stuff someone's trap.

For something like a punishment for being too chatty, Chris' socks could do the trick. Although, if you really wanted to drive home that you want them to shut up, and make them suffer like they made your ears suffer, then perhaps Andrew's or Big Mike's socks could be of good use.

If you're a cruel dominant like Brad or Ryan and you want to humiliate/punish/and silence a sub, then there's no doubt that it can only be Nick or Shawn's socks that gag the sub.

If you want to punish a sub who hates smelly feet/socks like Jeremy for example, then socks from one of Chris onwards down the stink meter would do. Alternatively, if you want to punish a sub who loves smelly feet like Steven, then Brad's socks could do the trick.

A semi-consensual gagging could use socks from Andrew - Zack, as the sub is likely into smelly feet already, but you want to kind of give them an unwanted surprise, without the full blown torture that is Nick, or Shawn's socks.

I can't lie, I might have overthought this, but it's something fun to think about haha
Sockgaggedman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockgaggedman »

Hey there!
For the fans of this tale, I'd like to let you know that I've written a short story centred around Nick. It was quite out of my comfort zone, and out of the usual. I'll only say this: for the fans of extreme size play, this might be a treat.

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

* ANNOUNCEMENT *

FANS OF THIS STORY ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO MISS OUT ON THE TEAM-BUILDING GAME THAT'S CURRENTLY FEATURED IN THE RP SECTION. THERE ARE 18 POTENTIAL TEAM MEMBERS TO CHOOSE FROM, EACH WITH DIFFERENT COSTS BASED ON THEIR SKILLS, TALENTS AND PHYSICAL PROWESS. YOU HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF CREDITS AT YOUR DISPOSAL, SO USE THEM WISELY. YOUR TEAM WILL THEN BE RATED AND ANALYSED.

CLICK ON THE LINK, READ THE SCENARIO & GET YOUR TEAM STARTED!

wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

[MOVED]
Last edited by wataru14 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@wataru14
Awesome! Glad to see you jumping on the RP with us.
Be sure to post your team on the RP thread itself though.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED THE TEAM-BUILDING RP THREAD YET
CLICK ON THE LINK, READ THE SCENARIO & GET YOUR TEAM STARTED!

* UPDATED STATS FOR NERDS *

BELOW IS THE PROPENSITY AT WHICH VARIOUS TEAM MEMBERS ARE BEING CHOSEN.
THESE STATS ARE BASED ON THE 29 TEAMS SUBMITTED SO FAR.

THE GUYS ARE DIVIDED INTO THREE GROUPS.
MAIN PROVIDERS, SECONDARY PROVIDERS, DEPENDENTS.

NICK IS CURRENTLY THE MOST SOUGHT-AFTER MAIN PROVIDER WITH 62% OF YOU OPTING TO GET HIM.
ANDREW IS CURRENTLY THE MOST SOUGHT-AFTER SECONDARY PROVIDER WITH 59% OPTING TO GET HIM.
DEPENDENTS ALL RANK HIGH DUE TO THEIR LOW COST.

BIGGEST CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS UPDATE:

HUGE LOSSES FOR ZACK & JEREMY
LOSSES FOR OFFICER BOB & BIG MIKE
IMPORTANT GAINS FOR SHAWN, RYAN, ANDREW & CHRIS

ANDREW & COREY CONTINUE DOMINATING THE SECONDARY PROVIDER GROUP
ZACK TUMBLES BELOW MITCH, ALLOWING NICK TO DOMINATE THE MAIN PROVIDER GROUP

@sws91 @CorbD91 @vincenzotognolo22 @Tsuhaya @Whitestorm @CrownedLoy76 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @Footsub @Red86 @Yaru @Wedgieboy69 @Msueta@2 @jammer212 @Ropelover98 @Straitjacketed @LittleGagged13 @that1kid13 @JustaDreamer

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

LOTS OF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR MORE BRAD, MORE ANDREW, MORE COREY.
LOOK NO FURTHER! A NEW TALE IS OUT!

THIS ONE'S CALLED:

TEACHING BRAD A LESSON (M+/M)

BE SURE TO READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE TOP OF THE STORY

@OrdinaryWorld @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Pup Wingletang @Sockgaggedman @socjuc @jammer212 @smushboy @luiggi87 @Ossassin @blackbound @sws91 @CorbD91 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @zzzz12333211 @ShadowHusky @user3434658 @jammer212 @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Volobond @LockedCheeseBird @Footsub @Red86 @Pup @4toes @subguybr @Trainedsub @SquashMeDown @cherryboy @sami200456boyfriend @smushboy @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @Boston2265 @Hornysub @vincenzotognolo22 @Pantyhose971 @Bradstick @Tsuhaya @Wedgieboy69 @Straitjacketed @KidnappedCowboy @Ayu @subguybr @Lovethemsocks @Stormee @Ropelover98 @Guardianbound @Starcomet @Tomat0skins @Gaybondage @gaggedfeety @maliki @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @NeedControl @John2222 @Scottstud94 @lowlowlow @123 @ShadowHusky @socjuc @Mummybag @squirrel @DeeperThanRed @Socksbound @Volobond @Bradstick @Msueta@2 @vincenzotognolo22 @GoBucks @CrownedLoy76 @Wedgieboy69 @wataru14 @Pup Wingletang @OrdinaryWorld @Gagfan @Canuck100 @The slave @Straitjacketed @Scottstud94 @Mitchelaiden @BoudBoy22 @Sockgaggedman @subguybr @4toes @gag1195 @grayboxers @Tsuhaya @maliki @Red86 @Stormee @slimthic @Guardianbound @MaxRoper @Desiredduck @puffalover @Yaru @Ropelover98 @pupHoudini @thespy @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @The WinterShuffle @noarmgr @Finnan @Jb99 @Volobond @BlueZephyr @Red86 @Socksbound @gaggedfeety @OrdinaryWorld @gag1195 @Wedgieboy69 @Msueta@2 @4toes @harveygasson @Sockgaggedman @squirrel @GoBucks @Sockbound1234 @Ossassin @Pup Wingletang @Mummybag @Footsub @Gagfan @Kratos @The slave @blackbound @ShadowHusky @socjuc @DeanSummer24 @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @sami200456boyfriend @Batsox @JDT544 @N9292 @Mitchelaiden @Jason07 @tugfan @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Batsox @Boston2265 @Jason07 @frankburns @vincenzotognolo22 @ChiDrag221 @grayboxers@Ropelover98 @Volobond @4toes @subguybr @sami200456boyfriend @wataru14 @squirrel @Socksbound @OrdinaryWorld @Pup Wingletang @Whitestorm @ShadowHusky @Michael-Colin @Ossassin @blackbound @Batsox @Msueta@2 @njr @Mitchelaiden @fratboydanny @Footsub @Jason07 @socjuc @CrownedLoy76 @GoBucks @vincenzotognolo22 @JoshuaGroat90 @skytargaryen @ColtonSocks @Tsuhaya @Whitestorm @The slave @Pup @Bradstick @socjuc @Footsub123 @Socksbound @gag1195 @Pup Wingletang @CrownedLoy76 @Sockbound1234 @Wedgieboy69 @Guardianbound @OrdinaryWorld @Stormee @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Sockgaggedman @Ossassin @Red86 @skytargaryen @blackbound @BoudBoy22 @Michael-Colin @Mummybag @4toes @Mitchelaiden @Batsox @Footsub @FelixSH @Lovethemsocks @John2222 @TheAllrounder @MaxRoper @wataru14 @Red86 @pupHoudini @Yaru @harveygasson @Pup Wingletang @squirrel @Footsub123 @Guardianbound @John2222 @Pup @thespy @Jb99 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Wedgieboy69 @Volobond @Sockgaggedman @Msueta@2 @ShadowHusky @Stormee @Socksbound @The slave @Lovethemsocks @Bootmark @socjuc @dwild @jammer212 @Ropelover98 @Straitjacketed @socksniffer27 @LittleGagged13 @JoshuaGroat90 @Subboi @MountainMan_91 @that1kid13 @sock slave boy @Starcomet @JustaDreamer @dbavr
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

* ANNOUNCEMENT *

Hey guys. Just a quick announcement from me. Myself and other authors have noted a rather important downtick of comments on M/M stories this year. New stories that have sprouted over the course of the last few months have received at best a timid number of comments - significantly less than they would've garnered last year or the year before.

I've noticed the same trend on my own stories as well. Lots of new members and tons of reads, but very few commentators. The M/M stories here are mostly supported by the same two dozen or so regular reviewers, while the vast majority of the registered membership appear content with silently lurking.

I thought my latest story (Teaching Brad a Lesson) would garner a lot of excitement - especially seeing as how it features Andrew, Corey, Nick, Shawn and other forum favourites - but the reception has been very timid so far.

I was going to include a gag-related poll at the end of the upcoming chapter, but to encourage participation and bring forum activity back up a bit I'm instead going to reinstate the old voting system that requires users to cast their votes via the comments.

There'll be a list of choices (eg: A - Zack's socks, B - Shawn's socks, C - Ryan's socks, etc) and users will be asked to vote for their favourite choice by posting it in the comments instead of by voting on a thread poll.

I used to feature this style of voting quite regularly in the past and it always got new/silent readers to step out of the shadows.

The act of simply commenting "A" or "C" may appear insignificant at first glance, but just getting silent users used to commenting (no matter how short the comment) increases the chances of them commenting on other stories and participating more frequently.

In any case, I look forward to seeing all your votes on the next chapter of Brad's tale.
We're three chapters in already, so be sure to get caught up if you haven't already. Cheers!

@OrdinaryWorld @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Pup Wingletang @Sockgaggedman @socjuc @jammer212 @smushboy @luiggi87 @Ossassin @blackbound @sws91 @CorbD91 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @zzzz12333211 @ShadowHusky @user3434658 @jammer212 @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Volobond @LockedCheeseBird @Footsub @Red86 @Pup @4toes @subguybr @Trainedsub @SquashMeDown @cherryboy @sami200456boyfriend @smushboy @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @Boston2265 @Hornysub @vincenzotognolo22 @Pantyhose971 @Bradstick @Tsuhaya @Wedgieboy69 @Straitjacketed @KidnappedCowboy @Ayu @subguybr @Lovethemsocks @Stormee @Ropelover98 @Guardianbound @Starcomet @Tomat0skins @Gaybondage @gaggedfeety @maliki @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @NeedControl @John2222 @Scottstud94 @lowlowlow @123 @ShadowHusky @socjuc @Mummybag @squirrel @DeeperThanRed @Socksbound @Volobond @Bradstick @Msueta@2 @vincenzotognolo22 @GoBucks @CrownedLoy76 @Wedgieboy69 @wataru14 @Pup Wingletang @OrdinaryWorld @Gagfan @Canuck100 @The slave @Straitjacketed @Scottstud94 @Mitchelaiden @BoudBoy22 @Sockgaggedman @subguybr @4toes @gag1195 @grayboxers @Tsuhaya @maliki @Red86 @Stormee @slimthic @Guardianbound @MaxRoper @Desiredduck @puffalover @Yaru @Ropelover98 @pupHoudini @thespy @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @The WinterShuffle @noarmgr @Finnan @Jb99 @Volobond @BlueZephyr @Red86 @Socksbound @gaggedfeety @OrdinaryWorld @gag1195 @Wedgieboy69 @Msueta@2 @4toes @harveygasson @Sockgaggedman @squirrel @GoBucks @Sockbound1234 @Ossassin @Pup Wingletang @Mummybag @Footsub @Gagfan @Kratos @The slave @blackbound @ShadowHusky @socjuc @DeanSummer24 @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @sami200456boyfriend @Batsox @JDT544 @N9292 @Mitchelaiden @Jason07 @tugfan @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Batsox @Boston2265 @Jason07 @frankburns @vincenzotognolo22 @ChiDrag221 @grayboxers@Ropelover98 @Volobond @4toes @subguybr @sami200456boyfriend @wataru14 @squirrel @Socksbound @OrdinaryWorld @Pup Wingletang @Whitestorm @ShadowHusky @Michael-Colin @Ossassin @blackbound @Batsox @Msueta@2 @njr @Mitchelaiden @fratboydanny @Footsub @Jason07 @socjuc @CrownedLoy76 @GoBucks @vincenzotognolo22 @JoshuaGroat90 @skytargaryen @ColtonSocks @Tsuhaya @Whitestorm @The slave @Pup @Bradstick @socjuc @Footsub123 @Socksbound @gag1195 @Pup Wingletang @CrownedLoy76 @Sockbound1234 @Wedgieboy69 @Guardianbound @OrdinaryWorld @Stormee @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Sockgaggedman @Ossassin @Red86 @skytargaryen @blackbound @BoudBoy22 @Michael-Colin @Mummybag @4toes @Mitchelaiden @Batsox @Footsub @FelixSH @Lovethemsocks @John2222 @TheAllrounder @MaxRoper @wataru14 @Red86 @pupHoudini @Yaru @harveygasson @Pup Wingletang @squirrel @Footsub123 @Guardianbound @John2222 @Pup @thespy @Jb99 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Wedgieboy69 @Volobond @Sockgaggedman @Msueta@2 @ShadowHusky @Stormee @Socksbound @The slave @Lovethemsocks @Bootmark @socjuc @dwild @jammer212 @Ropelover98 @Straitjacketed @socksniffer27 @LittleGagged13 @JoshuaGroat90 @Subboi @MountainMan_91 @that1kid13 @sock slave boy @Starcomet @JustaDreamer @dbavr

OrdinaryWorld
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OrdinaryWorld »

bondagefreak wrote: 8 months ago Hey guys. Just a quick announcement from me. Myself and other authors have noted a rather important downtick of comments on M/M stories this year. New stories that have sprouted over the course of the last few months have received at best a timid number of comments - significantly less than they would've garnered last year or the year before.

I've noticed the same trend on my own stories as well. Lots of new members and tons of reads, but very few commentators. The M/M stories here are mostly supported by the same two dozen or so regular reviewers, while the vast majority of the registered membership appear content with silently
Why do you think there's been a downtick? I've noticed the relative silence too, but I can't really place my finger on it.

Cheers to bondagefreak for the banner!
Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

I honestly think most people are just busy as I know I have been personally, but I try to come to the site and contribute if I feel inspired too.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

OrdinaryWorld wrote: 8 months ago Why do you think there's been a downtick? I've noticed the relative silence too, but I can't really place my finger on it.
My guess is as good as yours or @Starcomet's.
Some forum regulars are busy and/or away, but the truth of the matter is that we have more registered users and active readers now than ever before. Tons are reading. This year just hasn't been too good as far as getting new users to actively start participating.

The old vote stories from 2-3 years back were hugely successful in getting normally silent readers used to posting. Quite a few of them actually went on to become active participants. I think it'll be worth trying again. Besides, polls are cool, but seeing what everyone is voting for and knowing who voted for what is even better and opens room for more discussion.

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

OrdinaryWorld wrote: 8 months ago Why do you think there's been a downtick? I've noticed the relative silence too, but I can't really place my finger on it.
I know the recent Privacy Issues/ SSL Expiration affected site traffic. I know myself and a few others stayed mostly away until it got resolved.

Also, Personally, this is one of my busiest times of the year work-wise, so my writing and reading/commenting tends to slow down.
My M/M Stories Here
Ropelover98
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ropelover98 »

I know in my case its because im not always in the mood to read, so its gos with ups and downs for me! Tho i really appreciate guys like You who take there time to write very hot stories! So thank you for that Sir and other writers 😍Atm im more in the mood so will be more active coming period
4toes
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by 4toes »

Busy times as well for me. Lol, when am I not busy? :lol:

I really just hope I have the time to binge read like it was before.

But really, thank you so much for writing these stories. At least for a brief while, I was able to rest and enjoy immersing myself in these stories.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

While I don't write stories myself, I have also noticed that it seems like comments are dwindling on the whole site lately, again.

I assume, like myself, most are just busy in regular day to day life. I swear it feels like there isn't enough time in the day for everything anymore. But I will also note that I also go through my moods of when I feel like reading bondage material. It's there most of the time but there's definitely times I just take a break for a bit.

As far as the polls go, I don't think it's a bad idea to go back to the other method. I will admit it's easy to just select a choice without having to comment (I've been known to do that on occasions) but considering I know many writers like actual feedback from readers, I totally understand. So I try on most posts to drop a comment on what chose and for what reasons regardless.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Most of you seem to have misunderstood me or the point I was trying to raise. You guys are all regular participants ;) I'm talking about a general decline of posts on the entire M/M side of things since the end of 2022. We're attracting a lot of new users every week, but far less new active M/M participants than in recent years. The influx of new M/M active users seems to have slowed down a lot over the last year or so.

With an almost absent influx of new M/M participants, forum activity (M/M-wise) seems to have become increasingly dependent on the same two dozen or so regular users. That's a bit sad IMO. So many members have switched to silent reading that when just a few of us are busy, the M/M side of the forum looks eerily quiet.

Been on here for a long time (13 years). This has been a very slow year M/M wise.
Red86 wrote: 8 months ago As far as the polls go, I don't think it's a bad idea to go back to the other method. I will admit it's easy to just select a choice without having to comment.
That's only the case because you choose to elaborate your thoughts and give feedback. On those old vote-style stories I had going a few years back, most respondents would answer with "single letter posts" (eg: F). I'd argue that doing so takes the same amount of seconds as scrolling to the top of the thread, selecting an option on a poll and then pressing "vote".

In any case, just getting lurkers to drop a single letter post can go a long way into getting them used to posting. It worked well in the past and quite a few of them went on to become regular participants. I legitimately loathed the "I need 30 answers minimum before publishing the next chapter" incentives I used to implement, but those quotas actually worked wonders in getting silent lurkers to step out of the shadows. For many, there's no reason to post when there's no doubt that the author will continue anyway. It feels cheap, but when there's a quota in place, many of them suddenly feel as though they have something to gain from commenting. And so they comment.

Doing this felt so cheap, but it worked wonders in getting those silent lurkers out in force. As you saw, I decided to implement this same voting system on Brad's story yesterday, but this time WITHOUT the minimum vote quota. As predicted, nary a new face has stepped forward and I predict responses will remain few due to the fate of the next chapter not being left in the balance.

In other words, if there's nothing to gain from it, the silent masses will stay silent.
I'm still mulling this over, but regardless of how well the vote quotas worked in the past, I'm not keen on returning to that method.

Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Red86 wrote: 8 months ago While I don't write stories myself, I have also noticed that it seems like comments are dwindling on the whole site lately, again.

I assume, like myself, most are just busy in regular day to day life. I swear it feels like there isn't enough time in the day for everything anymore. But I will also note that I also go through my moods of when I feel like reading bondage material. It's there most of the time but there's definitely times I just take a break for a bit.

As far as the polls go, I don't think it's a bad idea to go back to the other method. I will admit it's easy to just select a choice without having to comment (I've been known to do that on occasions) but considering I know many writers like actual feedback from readers, I totally understand. So I try on most posts to drop a comment on what chose and for what reasons regardless.
I am indeed wandering if it is just the M/M side of the forum that has low activity or all over the forum? I would not be surprised if the F/F and F/M has remained constant.
bondagefreak wrote: 8 months ago Most of you seem to have misunderstood me or the point I was trying to raise. You guys are all regular participants ;) I'm talking about a general decline of posts on the entire M/M side of things since the end of 2022. We're attracting a lot of new users every week, but far less new active M/M participants than in recent years. The influx of new M/M active users seems to have slowed down a lot over the last year or so.

With an almost absent influx of new M/M participants, forum activity (M/M-wise) seems to have become increasingly dependent on the same two dozen or so regular users. That's a bit sad IMO. So many members have switched to silent reading that when just a few of us are busy, the M/M side of the forum looks eerily quiet.

Been on here for a long time (13 years). This has been a very slow year M/M wise.
Red86 wrote: 8 months ago As far as the polls go, I don't think it's a bad idea to go back to the other method. I will admit it's easy to just select a choice without having to comment.
That's only the case because you choose to elaborate your thoughts and give feedback. On those old vote-style stories I had going a few years back, most respondents would answer with "single letter posts" (eg: F). I'd argue that doing so takes the same amount of seconds as scrolling to the top of the thread, selecting an option on a poll and then pressing "vote".

In any case, just getting lurkers to drop a single letter post can go a long way into getting them used to posting. It worked well in the past and quite a few of them went on to become regular participants. I legitimately loathed the "I need 30 answers minimum before publishing the next chapter" incentives I used to implement, but those quotas actually worked wonders in getting silent lurkers to step out of the shadows. For many, there's no reason to post when there's no doubt that the author will continue anyway. It feels cheap, but when there's a quota in place, many of them suddenly feel as though they have something to gain from commenting. And so they comment.

Doing this felt so cheap, but it worked wonders in getting those silent lurkers out in force. As you saw, I decided to implement this same voting system on Brad's story yesterday, but this time WITHOUT the minimum vote quota. As predicted, nary a new face has stepped forward and I predict responses will remain few due to the fate of the next chapter not being left in the balance.

In other words, if there's nothing to gain from it, the silent masses will stay silent.
I'm still mulling this over, but regardless of how well the vote quotas worked in the past, I'm not keen on returning to that method.
Quotas are fine and there is no need for you to feel dirty doing them. It does give others an incentive to try and comment.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Hey @ChairBoy,
I know you just arrived here and haven't had the time to a look at this story yet, but since you're new to the board and since you've already met Officer Bob and a few other characters which feature in the HOUSE ARREST series, I figured it might be fun for you to participate in the exercise everyone participated in a bit earlier this summer. It's on page 182 of this thread.
Here's the link to jump right to it: COMPATIBILITY EXERCISE

The characters shown in the exercise are some of the most popular characters on the forum. You'll notice Officer Bob is among them. Participants are asked to answer all twelve questions found on the exercise. It allows us to get to know one another better, and a big part of the fun is getting to see who would be a good match for which character, either as Dom, sub, etc. You might find it fun! I know most of the guys on here really enjoyed it.

To put you into context a bit, this right here (BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG) is my main work of fiction. HOUSE ARREST and all my other series are basically side-stories (expansions to this one) that happen in the same area and at one point or another interlink with this story right here.

In any case, take a look at the exercise I linked to above. You might enjoy it ;)

P.s - Don't quote the exercise. Just scroll down underneath it and take a look at the format everyone used to write their answers down.

ChairBoy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChairBoy »

-COMPATIBILITY EXERCISE ANSWERS-

A.) 4. Because… I’m a bratty sub idk if that counts
B.) 5. Lately
C.) 5.
D.) 5 which… could also get me in trouble
E.) 5.
F.) 2. If I’m tied up there’s nothing I can I really do about it is tho lol
G.) 5.
H.) 2.
I.) 2.
J.) 2. But… I’ll definitely pout about it and bring it up…even if I forgive you
K.) 3.. I’ve got my moments of strength on both sides depending on who it’s with
L.) 2. I’m emotionally in tune but not enough to were I won’t talk back to someone in control before they’ve completely dominated me
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@ChairBoy
Woah! That was a prompt answer!
Was a lot of fun analysing them.

According to the test, your best match out of these guys is MITCH (the firefighter dad who lives right across the street from Bob)!
Super stoked about that. You'll soon be meeting him if you keep reading the EASY PREY series.
Something tells me you'll like him a lot ;)

In 2nd place is ZACK (from B&G IN A SLEEPING BAG), and in 3rd is OFFICER BOB (from HOUSE ARREST) followed very closely by NICK (from B&G). All four of these guys would be pretty good matches for you.

MITCH
ChairBoy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ChairBoy »

I’m on page six of that thread I can’t wait to finish!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@ChairBoy
Take your time, buddy-boi. The point is not to finish, it's to enjoy yourself.
That thread will lead you to the next part of the series, so you're still some ways from being caught up ;)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

COMPATIBILITY EXERCISE: OCTOBER UPDATE

HERE IS THE RESULT BREAKDOWN FOR THOSE WHO'VE PARTICIPATED SO FAR.
TO PARTICIPATE, FOLLOW THIS LINK: COMPATIBILITY EXERCISE
HOPEFULLY, MANY MORE PARTICIPANTS TO COME!

OFFICER BOB
@Straitjacketed
@CorbD91
@Subboi

MITCH
@ChairBoy
@GoBucks
@squirrel

ZACK
@Stormee
@Sockgaggedman
@Bradstick
@maliki
@Ossassin
@DeeperThanRed
@TheAllrounder
@Whitestorm
@fratboydanny
@socjuc
@Msueta@2

NICK
@Guardianbound
@OrdinaryWorld
@Socksbound
@sock slave boy
@Pup Wingletang
@LockedCheeseBird

BRAD
@Tsuhaya
@Hornysub
@LittleGagged13

SHAWN
@ShadowHusky
@CrownedLoy76
@Starcomet

ANDREW
@socksniffer27
@gag1195
@gaggedfeety
@Footsub123
@4toes
@Mummybag
@JoshuaGroat90

BIG MIKE
@wataru14
@Lovethemsocks
@noarmgr

JOSHUA
@KidnappedCowboy
@The slave
@Pup
@thespy
@JustaDreamer
@JDT544

ETHAN
@Red86
@Wedgieboy69

STEVEN
@Bootmark
@bondagefreak

JEREMY
@Volobond

SAME RULES AS THE PREVIOUS TEST. RATE YOURSELF FROM 1-5 ON ALL TWELVE QUESTIONS.
PM ME OR POST IN THE COMMENTS IF CLARIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED.

ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
NO 1.5s OR 3.5s PLEASE! THOSE DECIMAL NUMBERS WRECK HAVOC ON THE SYSTEM!
NO VOTING FOR MULTIPLE OPTIONS (ex 3-5). CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE.

@OrdinaryWorld @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Pup Wingletang @Sockgaggedman @socjuc @jammer212 @smushboy @luiggi87 @Ossassin @blackbound @sws91 @CorbD91 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @zzzz12333211 @ShadowHusky @user3434658 @jammer212 @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Volobond @LockedCheeseBird @Footsub @Red86 @Pup @4toes @subguybr @Trainedsub @SquashMeDown @cherryboy @sami200456boyfriend @smushboy @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @Boston2265 @Hornysub @vincenzotognolo22 @Pantyhose971 @Bradstick @Tsuhaya @Wedgieboy69 @Straitjacketed @KidnappedCowboy @Ayu @subguybr @Lovethemsocks @Stormee @Ropelover98 @Guardianbound @Starcomet @Tomat0skins @Gaybondage @gaggedfeety @maliki @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @NeedControl @John2222 @Scottstud94 @lowlowlow @123 @ShadowHusky @socjuc @Mummybag @squirrel @DeeperThanRed @Socksbound @Volobond @Bradstick @Msueta@2 @vincenzotognolo22 @GoBucks @CrownedLoy76 @Wedgieboy69 @wataru14 @Pup Wingletang @OrdinaryWorld @Gagfan @Canuck100 @The slave @Straitjacketed @Scottstud94 @Mitchelaiden @BoudBoy22 @Sockgaggedman @subguybr @4toes @gag1195 @grayboxers @Tsuhaya @maliki @Red86 @Stormee @slimthic @Guardianbound @MaxRoper @Desiredduck @puffalover @Yaru @Ropelover98 @pupHoudini @thespy @Shadowtied2294 @Footsub123 @The WinterShuffle @noarmgr @Finnan @Jb99 @Volobond @BlueZephyr @Red86 @Socksbound @gaggedfeety @OrdinaryWorld @gag1195 @Wedgieboy69 @Msueta@2 @4toes @harveygasson @Sockgaggedman @squirrel @GoBucks @Sockbound1234 @Ossassin @Pup Wingletang @Mummybag @Footsub @Gagfan @Kratos @The slave @blackbound @ShadowHusky @socjuc @DeanSummer24 @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @sami200456boyfriend @Batsox @JDT544 @N9292 @Mitchelaiden @Jason07 @tugfan @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Batsox @Boston2265 @Jason07 @frankburns @vincenzotognolo22 @ChiDrag221 @grayboxers@Ropelover98 @Volobond @4toes @subguybr @sami200456boyfriend @wataru14 @squirrel @Socksbound @OrdinaryWorld @Pup Wingletang @Whitestorm @ShadowHusky @Michael-Colin @Ossassin @blackbound @Batsox @Msueta@2 @njr @Mitchelaiden @fratboydanny @Footsub @Jason07 @socjuc @CrownedLoy76 @GoBucks @vincenzotognolo22 @JoshuaGroat90 @skytargaryen @ColtonSocks @Tsuhaya @Whitestorm @The slave @Pup @Bradstick @socjuc @Footsub123 @Socksbound @gag1195 @Pup Wingletang @CrownedLoy76 @Sockbound1234 @Wedgieboy69 @Guardianbound @OrdinaryWorld @Stormee @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Sockgaggedman @Ossassin @Red86 @skytargaryen @blackbound @BoudBoy22 @Michael-Colin @Mummybag @4toes @Mitchelaiden @Batsox @Footsub @FelixSH @Lovethemsocks @John2222 @TheAllrounder @MaxRoper @wataru14 @Red86 @pupHoudini @Yaru @harveygasson @Pup Wingletang @squirrel @Footsub123 @Guardianbound @John2222 @Pup @thespy @Jb99 @GoBucks @Socksbound @Wedgieboy69 @Volobond @Sockgaggedman @Msueta@2 @ShadowHusky @Stormee @Socksbound @The slave @Lovethemsocks @Bootmark @socjuc @dwild @jammer212 @Ropelover98 @Straitjacketed @socksniffer27 @LittleGagged13 @JoshuaGroat90 @Subboi @MountainMan_91 @that1kid13 @sock slave boy @Starcomet @JustaDreamer @dbavr @ChairBoy
Last edited by bondagefreak 5 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic