The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Weinstein-Collection Special Update (14.02.2024) (FFMMM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]iliketights[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]TomYi[/mention]

Hi folks Chapter XII wraps things up and sets the stage for the next stage of the quest. It is a rather short Chapter but read it carefully because it contains important informations which will lead the detectives on new trails. The curtain lifts a little more :)

Chapter XII:

The following morning: Uthörn, Ellenbogen:

After Breakfast, the three Friends sat together around the table. It was a cloudy morning, the heaven grey like molten metal, and colder than the days before.

Anna explained: “We made a discovery yesterday, while you had your foot treatment."

"I am never going to live that down, am I?" Kate chuckles.

"Nope." Anna says, with a wicked grin, "Still got the photos.", she winks, "But, to the business at hand, we found that the Nordstern-Trust is a holding of obscure origin. With help from Peter´s Data we were able to follow the trail back well into the fifties.

From here it gets more difficult. It seems a safe assumption that the capital for the Nordstern-Holding was not obtained legally, but through dark channels, which can be traced back to the Third Reich.”

Christine continued: “The CEO of this Trust is currently Carl von Winterfeldt. Curiously enough no actual picture of him can be found. He seems like a ghost."

She checks her notes before continuing, "But his influence is legendary. Here on Sylt he invested millions to protect the Island, “Inselschutz”, the People of Sylt call that. And gives freely for a lot of charities. He sponsored a Charity Event, where I played."

“Sounds like the proverbial Saint, but he isn't”, Kate stated.

“No, he is clearly not.”, agreed Anna. According to Peter´s research he has manifold connections to right wing parties across Europe and beyond. He donated freely to political parties, organisations and individuals who follow his agenda. You get the drift.”

"He also sponsors young musicians, he is said to be a lover of Chopin and and Collector of Instruments and Scores." Christine adds, with a smile.

“What is his connection to the Weinstein-Collection?”, Kate asked.
“At the moment we cannot prove any direct link - for now.” Christine shrugged.

“But we can proof another connection.” Anna chimed in. A face appeared on the screen. That of a blond woman. Kate gritted her teeth: “This is …”
"
Susanne von Stülpnagel”, completed Anna the sentence.

“And this is”, another picture appeared: “Susanne Gablenz”, Christine ventured. “Yes. Both work for the Nordstern-Trust. Von Stülpnagel currently works as assistant of the CEO and Susanne Gablenz as Head of Security.”

“But we cannot prove any connection between Nordstern and the Weinstein-Collection.” Anna confirms.

“We do know further, that Carl von Winterfeldt owns the Sölring Hof here in Kampen.” Christine verifies.

“So let's pay him a visit”, Kate said, with a shrug.

“No”, Christine replied, “we can prove nothing. A fishing expedition will us get this far. To confront von Winterfeldt we need more. Much more.”

“He would just laugh in our faces. He wouldn't even bother to call one of his high-powered lawyers. And honestly, I do not want to give him the satisfaction of knowing, that he got under our skin." Christine explained bitterly.

“And how do we get more?”, Kate sounded a little frustrated. “I could punch this Susanne von Stülpnagel right between the eyes. That would rattle his cage, I am sure”

“We travel to Heidelberg”, Anna explained simply.

Christine chimed in: “Peter traced one of the autographs on the list to a Collector, who lives in Heidelberg: Peter Stromberg. If we can get Stromberg to divulge where he got the manuscript from, we may well be able to prove a connection between him and Winterfeldt.”

Kate´s mood brightened considerably: “I always wanted to visit Heidelberg. Castle has pressured me for years, to travel there. When do we start?”

“Tomorrow or the day after”, Anna explained. “We still have to do some research.”

“Girls, you were busy yesterday”, Kate said admiringly.

“Well, not everybody had a foot spa and an afternoon nap”, said Anna teasingly.

Kate wagged a finger at her: “Have you ever been hogtied with five hundred feet of rope and gagged with eight pairs of socks?”

"No, why?" Anna asks, confused.

"Well that day is coming and every time you tease me about yesterday, that day gets closer." Kate says, playfully

“Cut it out you two. We will pay Stromberg a visit. Till then I want you two to behave and sit tight. Or, I'll have to take actions. Mark my words.”

The rest of the day was uneventful. They sifted through Peters Material, enjoyed the beautiful landscape and recovered. Knowing that the day after tomorrow, they would leave for Heidelberg.

End of Part II

TBC
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> Have you ever been hogtied with five hundred feet of rope and gagged with eight pairs of socks?

Now that is an interesting concept... 500 feet and 8 pair of socks...
Interesting to see your favorite bondage and gag types as a writer. They say a story reflects the authors preferences...
Nice chapter, love the banter. Packing my bags for Heidelberg!
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago They say a story reflects the authors preferences...
Nice chapter, love the banter. Packing my bags for Heidelberg!
Maybe, maybe not :) I imagine the banter of the Girls as a way to cope with the stress - and hurry packing your bags for Heidelberg [mention]slackywacky[/mention] - the Girls will do that pronto :)

I finished the final Chapter of Part IV today. One in the middle is missing though :)
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Interesting chapter. So each chapter will have its own location?

> Interesting to see your favorite bondage and gag types as a writer. They say a story reflects the authors preferences...

I am not entirely sure. From the first chapter, I thought to deduce that the entire story would include more adult themes. Now, extreme bondage with sexual aspects is replaced with more family friendly stuff. So don't make your conclusions prematurely, Slacky ;)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 2 years ago Interesting chapter. So each chapter will have its own location?

> Interesting to see your favorite bondage and gag types as a writer. They say a story reflects the authors preferences...

I am not entirely sure. From the first chapter, I thought to deduce that the entire story would include more adult themes. Now, extreme bondage with sexual aspects is replaced with more family friendly stuff. So don't make your conclusions prematurely, Slacky ;)
I can confirm that: Every chapter plays at a different location :)

I came up with the Idea when I had written Part I. Art works stolen by the Nazis play a key role. So all locations have more or less obvious connections to the Third Reich: Sylt, Heidelberg and the following Parts too. Heidelberg had some pretty brown spots, take Albert Speer for Instance, the Architect of Adolf Hitler. The location of Part IV will have the most obvious connection to the Third Reich.

You will see more adult stuff in the following two Parts :) And befitting to Heidelberg there will be Romance involved. There is that old German Schlager: "Ich hab mein Herz in Heidelberg verloren" - someone will lose his or her´s heart in Heidelberg. Who? That remains to be seen :)

Parts III and IV will get definitely be darker in tone as the Stakes are rising ... [mention]Beaumains[/mention] - this Quest is a serious business after all. In Part IV you will get to know the most dark character so far, and the most dark character I have created so far.
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Nazis and companies and bondage, oh my! 😂

You continue to feed us a great deal of intrigue, Caesar. It appears the girls have gotten that much closer to solving this conspiracy, and I'm gonna take a stab and say that Herr Winterfeldt is the mysterious Man in the High Castle? His description in this chapter combined with what we've seen of him so far certainly suggests they're the same person.

I'll be packing my bags along with slackywacky, all aboard for Heidelberg! 😁😁
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

TayDay95 wrote: 2 years ago I'll be packing my bags along with slackywacky, all aboard for Heidelberg! 😁😁
Don't forget the ropes... who knows what happens while we wait for the next chapter.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

TayDay95 wrote: 2 years ago I'm gonna take a stab and say that Herr Winterfeldt is the mysterious Man in the High Castle? His description in this chapter combined with what we've seen of him so far certainly suggests they're the same person.
Indeed my friend [mention]TayDay95[/mention] :) Carl von Winterfeldt is the Man in the High Castle. He is the man behind all that, to what purpose in the end remains to be seen :) So far things went more or less according to plan for him. More, that the Detectives follow the trail he wants them to follow, less ..., nah that would be telling :)

The introduction to Part III will tell you that not all is going according to plan :)
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

That was a hell of threat from Kate, and something tells me that she'll probably have a chance to enact it
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

banshee wrote: 2 years ago That was a hell of threat from Kate, and something tells me that she'll probably have a chance to enact it
Sure is, Anna will not stop teasing Kate :) All depends on Kate´s Patience with our Russian Friend :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention] and [mention]slackywacky[/mention] I hope "all your backs are packed and ready to go!" :) because the Adventures of Christine, Anna and Kate will continue tomorrow around 2000 MEST as usual with the introduction to Part III.

Part IV is complete, thanks to [mention]wolfman[/mention] the revision process is finished, and I began working on Part V yesterday.

Part V will be the secondlast Part before the Grand Final at the "Adlernest".

Kind regards

Caesar
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Woohoo let's go man I'm ready! 😁😁

Got all the essentials, a change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, scarves, duct tape, rope, a leather blindfold...

Err I mean... you know... a phone charger *laughs nervously at customs officer 😂
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

TayDay95 wrote: 2 years ago Err I mean... you know... a phone charger *laughs nervously at customs officer 😂
I travelled regularly by plane with ropes, handcuffs and ballgag in my carry on. Never heard a word about it.

TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago
TayDay95 wrote: 2 years ago Err I mean... you know... a phone charger *laughs nervously at customs officer 😂
I travelled regularly by plane with ropes, handcuffs and ballgag in my carry on. Never heard a word about it.
Damn really? Lol they probably see stuff like that all the time.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]iliketights[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]TomYi[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention]

Dear Friends,

the Hunt for the Weinstein-Collection goes on. From the Northern Frisian Island into the South of Germany to "Alt Heidelberg":

Part III:

Introduction

Sylt, Sölring Hof, 24 hours later, early morning, around 0700 h, Musikzimmer

He loved this early hour of the day. For a moment, he stood lost in deep contemplation gazing out of the window. The Wattenmeer had fallen dry and only here and there the specks of water glittered like molten silver.

The man in the High Castle walked to the Grand Piano, opened its lid and sat on the piano chair, adjusting it, and then letting his hands hover for a moment above the keyboard. His fingers gently brush the keys, and caress the wood. He takes a deep breath savouring the moment. This early September morning was a day for Brahms.

Brahms’s Intermezzi with their fragile melancholy was and always had been a music which suited best to these days of autumn, when the heath´s summer tones had changed to autumn´s more earthy colours.

He stroked the first key, and began to play Op. 117/1. The upward moving melody of the lullaby as refined and delicate as fine china. He did not so much play the notes as, caress the keys, tentatively, haltingly, savouring the moment. He always tried to match the tone of Glenn Gould.

Susanne von Stülpnagel heard the melancholic Melody through the closed door, hesitating, pulling herself together, and mustering her courage.

This hour of the day was sacrosanct to her master. Anyone who dared to disturb him at this hour must be fearless, undaunted, even if the bore good news.

But this morning, she did not even have the scant hope of good news, to protect her.

On the contrary. The tidings she had to deliver were the kind of news, where the Messenger would have been beheaded, in ancient times.

It said a lot about Susanne von Stülpnagel´s character that she did muster her courage and embrace her duty over her fear. She knocked. Not loud, but firmly.

For a moment nothing happened. Then the Piano Play stopped. Silence. After another moment, a brusque “Enter.”

Susanne von Stülpnagel took a deep breath and entered.

The man in the High Castle did not turn around, looking out the window. Seconds ticked away, time seemed to stretch. The silence hang heavy in the air. Susanne knew better than to interrupt it.

"This man does not need rope, or chains to render me helpless as a child, his mere withering presence are enough, to paralyse my limbs and render me speechless." She thinks, fearfully

Then at last he spoke: “What is it, Susanne?”, in this cold, well-articulated voice, which betrayed no emotion, no wrath, which made it even more scarier. He still kept his back to her.

“We have received a report from the Archives.” She paused. Her master said nothing. “There had been in security breach in the restricted section.”

“And?” the man in the high castle asks, with impatient venom.

Susanne continued: “Some files are missing.”

“Which files?” The Question hangs in the air.”

“The original inventory of the Weinstein-Collection and the file about Peter Stromberg. I thought, you would know this immediately, Sir.” Susanne says, fearing his response.

A pause. Then Carl von Winterfeldt added: “You did the right thing, Susanne. Leave me now.”

When Susanne hesitated he added: “Now” waiting until she turns to add, “and Susanne? No disturbance for the next hour!” He had not spoken loudly, but the words resonated in her soul and chilled her blood.

When his assistant had left, von Winterfeldt sat still for a long moment, weighing the consequences of this news.

He had wanted the Detectives to come to Heidelberg, but on his conditions after they had deciphered the clues, he wanted them to decipher. This was not the way; he wanted this on his terms.

With a grave nod, he decided he had to make a call. The took out his Smartphone and dialled.

The call was answered on the second ring, by his contact, who awaited instructions.

Von Winterfeldt spoke quietly but with a forceful tone, pacing his office. “There is a change of plans.”......“You must leave for Heidelberg, at once.”

His contact asked a question. “No”, von Winterfeldt said curtly. “By any and all necessary means. And I mean any and all.”

Another question: “Yes, if the material cannot be recovered, you are cleared to eliminate the target. That will be all.” He ended the call, with a calm air, satisfied that everything would be on track again, shortly.
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Ooh boy, "any and all means necessary" huh? This man ain't messing around now.

I could feel Susanne's nervousness when she confronted her boss, such an excellently written scene showcasing tension.

It'll be good to see what hijinks Chris, Anna and Kate are about to get up to 😊
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

The effect that the Man in the High Castle has on Susanne demonstrates just how powerful he must be. Susanne is by no means a shrinking violet. How do our girls have a chance especially with the Dark Lady still in play? Even though the only overt action taken directly against then has been harsh and strict bondage, one person was killed and so this is much more than fun and games. Bless your writing progress, [mention]Caesar73[/mention], for the sake of your readers.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

A good way to introduce the next part. The stakes are getting higher. Until now, the enemy of our trio hold back. Can't wait for the next update!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

As others said... short but intense. Makes you wonder what will happen next.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago The effect that the Man in the High Castle has on Susanne demonstrates just how powerful he must be. Susanne is by no means a shrinking violet. How do our girls have a chance especially with the Dark Lady still in play? Even though the only overt action taken directly against then has been harsh and strict bondage, one person was killed and so this is much more than fun and games. Bless your writing progress, @Caesar73, for the sake of your readers.
Indeed [mention]GreyLord[/mention] Carl von Winterfeldt is a character who is intimidating by his mere presence only. I imagine him as a person like Joseph Mengele or Albert Speer: Highly cultivated and educated with perfect manners, the type who plays Schubert after Dinner and sends people to the Gas Chambers after Tea.
I could feel Susanne's nervousness when she confronted her boss, such an excellently written scene showcasing tension.
Thank you [mention]TayDay95[/mention]! I wanted to illustrate what effect von Winterfeldt does have on other people even on his Staff. Fear is one of his strongest weapons!

[mention]Beaumains[/mention]: You are absolutely right the Stakes are getting higher and the Dark Lady intents to fullfill her master´s wishes. The question will be: Will our heroines find ways and means to hinder her in fulfilling her mission. The next confrontation draws near. That is for sure.

[mention]slackywacky[/mention]:

"Intense": To create that atmosphere was important to me.

What ever happened before. The Hunt enters a new stage.

Update

For the Weekend I plan two updates: Chapter I this evening around 2000 MEST and Chapter II around the same time tomorrow. Work on Part V is progressing: The Introduction and the first two chapters are complete and revised.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]TomYi[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention]

Hi folks, since Chapter I is a rather short one, I post Chapters I and II today as one Update :)

Chapter I:

Heidelberg, Philosophenweg, Merianblick around 1100 hours:

Kate and Anna stood beside Christine, who pointed across the Neckar. Down below, in the Valley, the River glittered in the sun and on the other bank of the river one could see the Old City of Heidelberg, the Alte Brücke which swung gracefully across the Neckar. Above the City the monumental ruins of the Castle stood tall. Its walls of red stone shining in the mild September Sun. Framed by the autumnally coloured hills of the Königstuhl.

Christine quoted from memory:

“A ruin must be rightly situated, to be effective. This one could not have been better placed. It stands upon a commanding elevation, it is buried in green woods, there is no level ground about it, but, on the contrary, there are wooded terraces upon terraces, and one looks down through shining leaves into profound chasms and abyss' where twilight reigns and the sun cannot intrude. Nature knows how to garnish a ruin to get the best effect. One of these old towers is split down the middle, and one half has tumbled aside. It tumbled in such a way as to establish itself in a picturesque attitude. Then all it lacked was a fitting drapery, and Nature has furnished that; she has robed the rugged mass in flowers and verdure, and made it a charm to the eye. The standing half exposes its arched and cavernous rooms to you, like open, toothless mouths; there, too, the vines and flowers have done their work of grace. The rear portion of the tower has not been neglected, either, but is clothed with a clinging garment of polished ivy which hides the wounds and stains of time. Even the top is not left bare, but is crowned with a flourishing group of trees and shrubs. Misfortune has done for this old tower what it has done for the human character sometimes—improved it.”

“Mark Twain wrote that in 1878. This description still fits, don´t you think?”, she asked her Companions. “I always liked it.”

They had checked in at the “Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten”, in the City Centre, a short distance from the Alte Brücke.” After having Breakfast Christine had given her Companions a city tour, the abridged version, as she had joked. Now they stood high above the Neckar and looked across the river and enjoyed the view, like any ordinary tourists.

“I made a few calls this morning”, Chris explained. “Peter Stromberg studied law in Heidelberg and then History of Art at the Sorbonne.” He then returned to Heidelberg and founded a law firm, which specialises in Art dealings auctions, Provenance of objects and the like. Stromberg owns a Villa on the other side of the river, not very far from the Castle. The Schloss-Wolfsbrunnen-Weg is one of the best addresses in the City – the Villa of Albert Speer is around the corner.”

“How fitting”, Anna muttered.

“And where is the connection between Winterfeldt and Stromberg?” Kate asked.

“They studied at law the same time in Heidelberg.” Christine explained.

“So it is a fairly certain assumption, that they knew each other”, concluded Kate.

“My contacts confirm that” yes”, replied Christine.

“But there is more”, Anna looked at her friend, questioningly, “I know that look, that smile.”

“There might very likely be another connection”, Christine confirmed. “But to be certain”, we have to pay someone a visit – an old friend of mine”, she added. "He has agreed to meet me, this afternoon.”

“He has agreed to meet us”, Kate corrected her. “After all what had happened in the last five days, none of us will go anywhere alone. Period.”

“There was your encounter with Sieglinde Gablenz”, she continued – “And your massage session with a sheep”, Anna added teasingly. “You won´t forget that to remind me of that so soon, will you?”, Kate muttered.

“The facts remain the same”, the Detective continued unabashed, “Bad things mostly happened when we were separated. Which is why when we act, we act as one”, Kate looked Anna and Christine straight in the eye. “Well?”

Christine said nothing for a while then a fine smile curled her lips: “I did not know that you could be that bossy”. The tension evaporated. “How do you think I became Captain?”, Kate smiled back.

“So that is settled then”, Anna said: “We meet that what is his name? When and where?”

“I told Robert to meet me at a Café at the Marktplatz around 1400 hours”, Christine explained.

“And you know this Robert from?” Anna asked curiously.

“Let us put it this way: an old acquaintance – and leave it that.”, Christine said cryptically.

“Okay”, Kate interrupted. That leaves us enough time to go back to the hotel, have lunch somewhere and visit the powder room at the Hotel.”

“Sounds like a plan.”, Christine agreed.

They left the Merianblick, ventured down the “Schlangenpfad”, a steep, narrow path that lead them directly down to the Alte Brücke. From which it was just a stone´s throw away from their hotel, which itself was situated in the Centre of the “Altstadt” of Heidelberg.

Chapter II:

Frankfurt, Rhein-Main-Airport, around 1800 the same day:

Flight LH 028 from Hamburg had just landed. The Dark Lady looked out of the Window on the Airfield as the Airbus 320 rolled to the Gate. The call of her employer had her surprised somewhat. Obviously he had underestimated the Journalist and Christine von der Marwitz and her friends.

If it had been her decision alone, she would have taken out the Journalist sooner and the Security Breach would have never happened in the first place. And since von Winterfeldt paid her very well, she would keep her professional opinion to herself and do the Job she was handsomely rewarded for.

The Dark Lady wondered if keeping Christine von der Marwitz alive was better for business than taking her out after all. Though she had the strong feeling that von Winterfeldt was obsessed with the Artist – and that Obsession might be dangerous. But that was his problem not hers. Men were sometimes so gullible.

The fact that the Detectives had had a head start complicated things ever so slightly. And since her Boss had given her carte blanche, she was fairly optimistic she could accomplish the mission. And if she could not recover the item, the man in the High Castle wanted back …. There were secondary protocols.

“I really would like to lay my hands von Christine von der Marwitz ample bossom, or the delicate soles of Kate Beckett again”, she mused. But that lay in the future. Today three things stood on her to do list:

1. Check in at her Hotel.
2. Find out, in which Hotel the three Detectives had checked in.
3. Put Peter Stromberg under Surveillance.

Heidelberg, Villa Stromberg, Schloss-Wolfsbrunnen-Weg, around the same time:

Peter Stromberg sat lost in thought in his Study. The Call from Sylt had been a surprise and not a pleasant one. Well, Carl was his Corpsbruder and they had had been friends – or at least he had thought as much.

That Carl wanted the Score of the Dufay-Mass back was one thing, that he had threatened him another. They were Corpsbrüder and so their loyalty to the Cause and to the Corps should stand above anything.

He had had the feeling at their last meeting, that Carl seemed to have changed, that he had different priorities. But at that time he had dismissed this idea. The Idea alone had been ludicrous – or so he had thought. Now he was not so sure anymore.

Demanding the Autograph back was a transgression Stromberg could not just oversee. Carl had had given him his word of Honour as Corpsbruder that he never would demand the autograph back, after the service Stromberg had rendered him.

Carl had warned him, that three Detectives would pay him a visit, to talk to him about the Weinstein-Collection. That Collection was cursed, Stromberg believed that now more than ever. As if Oskar Weinstein had risen from the grave and demanding back what was rightfully his.

He had to be prepared. For all contingencies. Stromberg pressed a button at his desk. A knock at the door. “Enter”, he said. The woman who entered was tall. Piercing green eyes and a long mane of Tizian red Hair.

“You called Sir?”

“Yes, Charlotte”, he replied. “I want you do to some research for me: Find out all you can about Art. Inc. – and three Persons: Christine von der Marwitz, Anna Romanova and Kate Beckett. I want to know everything. And then I say everything, I mean everything, no matter how small.”

“Of course Sir”, she replied politely in a slightly husky voice. “I'll start at once and will research further at hour offices tomorrow. Will there be anything else Sir?”

“Yes Charlotte, I want you to cancel all appointments till the end of the week and let the Security do a thorough check of all Systems. I do not want any surprises. That," he concluded, 'will be all.” She was dismissed.

Charlotte turned on her High Heels and left the Office. She worked for Stromberg a many a year – and was surprised. If she had not known him better she had said, that her Boss was unsettled even anxious.

Heidelberg, Marktplatz, 1400 Hours, the same day:

Robert von Hardenberg sat at the Marktplatz and sipped his Champaign. At this hour of day nothing less. Christine´s call had surprised him, but not in an unpleasant sort of way. They hadn´t seen each other in a few years.

But with someone like Christine it was that way: It did not matter how much time had passed. It was always as if the last meeting had been yesterday.

Christine was always punctual. So he was not surprised, when he saw her nearing his table. She had chosen Jeans and a Blazer and Sneakers for the occasion. He was surprised though that she did not have come alone, appraising the two stunningly attractive women beside her:

One was tall, taller as Christine with her 1, 80 m. Shining black Hair in a tight Ponytail, eyes hidden behind dark glasses. She wore a red summer dress and matching wedge espadrilles.

The other one was a littler smaller than Christine. Long brown hair fell down between her shoulder blades. The most perfect Cheekbone’s he had ever seen. Piercing blue eyes, her sun glasses a top her hair. She also seemed to have opted for casual: a blouse in a light blue, jeans and matching ballerinas.

He stood and kissed Christine first on the left, than on the right cheek. “How long has it been Christine?” He asked her. “Two years? And if I had known you would bring such delightful company, I surely would have chosen a more glamorous location than this." he made gesture with his arm. “Do you not want to introduce me to your friends, Chris?”

“Robert von Hardenberg meet Anna Romanova, Anna Romanova meet Robert von Hardenberg” she pauses to allow them to shake hands before turning to her other companion, "My dear friend Kate Beckett – Robert von Hardenberg.”

Gallantly Robert greeted Kate and Anna. “Won’t you have a seat please? What can I get you to drink? Could I tempt you to join me in champagne?”

Kate and Anna declined politely: “A Latté Macchiato for me”, Anna said.

“And a Tonic Water for me!” Kate seconded.

After the waitress had brought their Drinks, Robert looked at his three guests, seated with him. “I have to admit, Chris that I did not know that you would be in Heidelberg.”

“To be honest Robert, we did not know that two days ago.” Christine replied with a smile.

“Of course you missed my charming old self, do you Chris?”

"That too, but I have to be honest, this is, let us say, business. You know, that my Agency conducts Investigations regarding stolen Art?

“Of course, Christine, I was there at the beginning when it all began.”, Robert says with a twinkle in his eyes turning to Kate and Anna,

“She always had the soul of an artist. I remember the girl she was. The talent of a generation. Then one night she played at an event hosted to commemorate and remember the countless artworks destroyed during the war and the people who had rightfully owned them. That night she fell in love with countless masterpieces lost to history. She swore to me that she would fund an agency to protect art for everyone and seek justice for those who were disowned or worse by the Nazis."

Kate and Anna listened fascinated, until Christine got him to focus, “One client of ours has tasked us with recovering a collection, stolen during the Third Reich and bringing the alleged Criminal to Justice.”

Robert still smiled, but he looked clearly intrigued now, gone was the pleasant Sunny boy, replaced by the shrewd lawyer. “Go on”, he said.

“Obviously we stepped on some ones toes. He sent a high profile enforcer to warn us off at my office, and then an informant of mine was shot. We followed the lead to Sylt, had one or two another unpleasant encounters and the clues we found led us here. That is the short version”, she finished.

Robert gave her a long, curious look. Then he gazed at Anna and Kate intently. “What are you looking for?” He spoke at last, his tone giving nothing away.

Anna and Christine exchanged a look. Then Anna replied: “To be precise, we are looking for someone and for something. Peter Stromberg and something he possesses, which does not rightfully belongs to him.”

Robert remained silent for a long while. “You know who Peter Stromberg is, do you?” All humour had left his voice and demeanour.

“We have a rough idea, but we need more”, Anna added.

Kate so far had said nothing, just watched and followed the conversation intently. “A cop”, Robert thought to himself. He knew not why, but he was certain. "The keen interest, the way she followed the conversation, the way she held herself, the practiced gaze of an observer of human behaviour. She is sharp."

He focused again on Christine and Anna: “You need more, you said. What exactly?”

“We suspect a connection. A connection between Stromberg and Carl von Winterfeldt.” Robert´s eyes narrowed. “Can you help us?”

He sighed: “I agreed to meet you and looked for a pleasant evening Christine and walk right into a Lions den.”

“So you can help us?”

“What have you dragged me into here? Do not misunderstand me Chris; I just want to know what mess you want my help with. Both of them, Stromberg and von Winterfeldt are not to be trifled with, but you already knew that, I guess.” He sighed.

Thoughtfully he takes a single sip of champagne, before, continuing, “Chris you know that I'm a member of Corps Suevia, as my father and as my Grandfather and his father were?”

“Yes I do”, replied Chris. “What are you getting at Robert? We know that Stromberg and von Winterfeldt studied both law at the same time here.”

“Yes they did”, Robert said, “Though there is another bond between the two of them. Both, Stromberg and von Winterfeldt are members of the same Fraternity, Corps Curo-Palatia in the KSCV, the most ancient, the most influential among the Corps here in Heidelberg that you must know This is important to understand Stromberg´s motifs and actions. ”

“What I can further tell you: Both were close friends, and then they had a duel. The scar in Winterfeldt´s face?” Robert saw recognition on Chris' face “Stromberg struck him there. You see, those two are closely connected, something deeper than just friendship.”

“Something like Harry Potter´s Scar?” Anna interrupted jokingly.

Robert did not return the smile this time. “What I mean, at least Stromberg still feels himself obliged by the Code of honour, the Corps Laws compels him to. You have to know that, if you want to understand him. But the greater difficulty is that he lives a very secluded life these days. An appointment with him is as rare as hen's teeth.”

“But you can help us with that?” Kate spoke for the first time.

“I can try, but I cannot guarantee anything. I have to make some calls first and get back to you, tomorrow.” He says, deep in thought, before smiling, “And now, if you have no objections? If you have nothing important planned for the evening it would be my pleasure to invite you to have Dinner with me.”

“And” – he looked Christine straight in the eye, which seemed at the verge of speaking – “a refusal is not acceptable. I would consider that as stain on my honour.”

Anna grinned: “We would never dream of it, Robert! How about you take care of the location. While us” she looked at Christine and Anna – “go back to the Hotel and make ourselves presentable. No objections you two!” She wagged her finger at her two companions.

Kate raised both hands in mock surrender: “Who would refuse the great Grand Duchess the scourge of every restaurant north of the Alps.”

“That is not fair”, Anna mockingly sulked.

Heidelberg, Hotel Vier-Jahreszeiten, later that day, late evening:

The Evening at the “Weißer Bock” had been fabulous. Peter had regaled them with stories of old times in Heidelberg.

As the girls walked, or better swayed lightly to the hotel, Anna heaved a content sigh: “That was magnificent! But I would have killed to learn more about Peter and you ... she pressed Christine mischievously,

Christine feigned ignorance. "My lips are sealed."

“And my feet are killing me”, Kate groaned. “High Heels and Cobble Stones – not a good combination!”

“Don't be such a baby." Anna chided her mockingly. “Who pursues Crooks running in high-heeled boots?”

Kate raised her eyebrows, "I don't pursue crooks in high heeled boots, I catch them.”

Christine listened to the banter of her friends grinning. ! “Behave Children! Or shall Mama spank you?”

At least they reached their Hotel. Suddenly Christine senses were at full alert. Her friends must have sensed it too. But acted as nothing had had happened. The shape in the shadows had been visibly just for a moment and then nothing.

They entered the Lobby and asked for their key cards. They took the elevator. At the third floor they left it. “My room”, Christine whispered. Her friends followed her.

As soon as they had entered Christine´s Suite. Kate took her heels of and rubbed the aching soles of her feet gingerly.

“That feels soo good” she sighed – and flexed her feet Anna and Christine followed her example then threw themselves on the Sofa. Resting their feet on the table. “Anybody in for a night cap lifts his hand!”

Now fully sober, Anna spoke first: “You sensed it too.”, she asked Christine and Kate curiously.

“Better”, Christine corrected. "I saw her."

“You saw who?” Kate asked. “The Dark Lady!” A devious smile curled around Kate´s lips. “Payback Time that bitch owes me."

The trio looked at each other in silent agreement. This time it would be them, who would be prepared.

Outside the Hotel:

The Dark Lady could not suppress a chuckle. “I knew we would meet again.” The three Detectives obviously had been in good spirits totally unaware that their Nemesis was near. She saw that the light in Christine von der Marwitz Suite went on. “Time for a night cap”, I presume. “Enjoy it – while you still can!”

Tomorrow she would begin to plan an ambush.
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Look who's back! I can't wait to see what she has in store for the detectives this time.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> Tomorrow she would begin to plan an ambush.

I wonder what you come up with. There are not many sheep in Heidelberg, but that big castle might have deep dungeons ;)

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago > Tomorrow she would begin to plan an ambush.

I wonder what you come up with. There are not many sheep in Heidelberg, but that big castle might have deep dungeons ;)
It depends which sort of sheep you have in mind [mention]slackywacky[/mention] :) Those on four or those on two legs :)

We will see, what the Dark Lady is up to :)

But you should not rule out the possibility that our heroines have learned from the past :) This time they are aware of their opponent. Which said opponent does not know :)

It will depend on who will strike first :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic