The Tangled Maiden: Complete (Mostly F/F, M/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Thank you very much! That is very kind of you.

Yeah, it is a bit hard to write a story on a forum which is intended to be read like a book. I just write a chapter, post a chapter. I cannot edit previous chapters too much. Maybe I should rewrite certain parts if I want a consistent, well-edited story. The problem you describe indeed occurs, mostly because I had more ideas for scenes than for character development. Also, as the time is not spread evenly in the story, one weekend almost contains half the story, which makes character development seem slow. I struggled a lot with making that weekend go by faster, yet I just wanted to tell a lot.
Yeah for sure, there are a lot of pitfalls involved. Another common problem that tends to plague 'serials' like these, just due to their core nature/structure, is overuse of cliffhangers to keep people interested. The problem is trying to shoehorn a cliffhanger into nearly every chapter leads to writing a lot of forced high tension scenes that then get resolved trivially in the next chapter to keep the story moving, which quickly becomes very artificial and annoying. Not saying that was the case here, but I have seen this before.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic