The Tangled Maiden: Complete (Mostly F/F, M/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

So Bree´s Journey into a new world continues. I think Yuna does that very well - and I find the display of Bree´s feelings especially well described. You take this step by step. It will will very interessting to follow this Journey into the unknown!
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I wonder what Bree is thinking, with so much going on around her, she may be a little confused. She knows that nobody will hurt her, but I cannot help thinking that she is being prepared for some sort of ritual. Perhaps to initiate her into their group. ? :o
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago So Bree´s Journey into a new world continues. I think Yuna does that very well - and I find the display of Bree´s feelings especially well described. You take this step by step. It will will very interessting to follow this Journey into the unknown!
Thanks a lot for your kind words! But I wanted a darker story, and, as such, it won't be as linear or a perfect feel good story. Be warned.
Tieup1 wrote: 2 years ago I wonder what Bree is thinking, with so much going on around her, she may be a little confused. She knows that nobody will hurt her, but I cannot help thinking that she is being prepared for some sort of ritual. Perhaps to initiate her into their group. ? :o
Bree certainly is confused and understand little what is happening. But, your other comments make all of this sound like a cult, which is (absolutely) also an interesting possibility. Thanks for your comment.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 2 years ago
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago So Bree´s Journey into a new world continues. I think Yuna does that very well - and I find the display of Bree´s feelings especially well described. You take this step by step. It will will very interessting to follow this Journey into the unknown!
Thanks a lot for your kind words! But I wanted a darker story, and, as such, it won't be as linear or a perfect feel good story. Be warned.
No complaints here :) Darkness is useful to give story depth - I have no objections against a Darkness as long as it happens not to Linda, [mention]slackywacky[/mention] :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago I have no objections against a Darkness as long as it happens not to Linda, @slackywacky :)
Uh oh, no pressure... just finished an All in the family update, so BMBC is next. Who knows what will happen...
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago I have no objections against a Darkness as long as it happens not to Linda, @slackywacky :)
Uh oh, no pressure... just finished an All in the family update, so BMBC is next. Who knows what will happen...
No pressure intended :) Just a little jest :)
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Here is the next chapter!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw nothing, I could not move my legs, I had a ball fastened between my jaws, I wore a straitjacket that immobilized my arms and hands, and I was somewhere in a bondage inn, all due to a bunch of strangers. That described my current life in one long sentence. In the Tangled Maiden, I had to freeze while Yuna fetched materials to tie me up. What was I doing? I could have been asleep in my sleeping bag in my ventilation shaft instead of undergoing another humiliation at this freakish place. Maybe I had to shake my head to demand to be untied. Then whatever Yuna would do to me when I had disobeyed her would not matter. That is under the assumption she had not lied to me.

Only, I could not demand Yuna to be untied as she had vanished and remained gone. Nothing happened. I had expected her to return swiftly, within five minutes at most but could not detect her among the voices around me. Everyone else was at least a dozen feet away, and nobody approached me. Dax’s voice was soft in the background, but he ignored my presence. He had heard I had to wait on Yuna; she had to deal with me. I was on my own.

“When Yuna returns, I throw in the towel,” I promised myself. I stood on the borrowed sneakers with my feet slightly apart and had regulated my breathing to pass the time. My legs felt heavy as I questioned myself: Why was I still standing motionless? I could stretch my legs, shake the tension out, and give up when Yuna returned. However, she might feel disrespected if I disobeyed her clear command. She had been relatively kind, and completing the stupid assignment would make up for my forfeit.

Many more thoughts slivered through my head as time crept by, yet I did not move my feet. Time would pass slowly in my imagination, so I did not bother to estimate it. That would be useless. Thus, at a moment that I could only describe as eventually, my left foot stepped forward, and I regretted it when I lifted it.

“23 minutes, well done,” Yuna laughed four feet before me. “You’re very compliant. Shall we now –”

I shook my head. I had been played like a fiddle and was done with it.

“You okay, Bree? It was a joke to test you. I was here all along.”

I continued to bob my head.

“If you want to get out, that’s a shame, but something we agreed upon,” Yuna said. She hugged me and loosened the buckle behind my neck, and the ball came out. “Tell me, what’s wrong?”

Yuna did not remove the blindfold nor the straitjacket. Instead, her hand caressed my back. “What – what is going on?”

“We’re having fun,” Yuna answered, not letting me go. “I messed with your head by letting you wait. That played games with your head, didn’t it?”

“Yeah.”

“The tension of not knowing what will happen is another part of bondage. You’re stuck and afraid of what I’m doing, but deep inside, you perceive you’ll be alright because you trust me. Are you with me?”

“I think so.”

“So, do you trust me?”

I was silent for a second. I had no reason to trust Yuna.

“You have doubts. That’s bad. Is there any reason? Maybe I went too harsh on you for the first time, and in that case, I’m sorry. I had no malicious intentions. Maybe I shouldn’t have waited so long, but I was curious how long you would persist.”

I sighed deeply. “Why are you doing this?”

“It’s fun and relaxing,” Yuna purred. “Someone’s first time tied up always is a memory they won’t forget, and I love sharing it with you. I really hoped I gave you an enjoyable evening.”

I distrusted Yuna’s words. Practically all people were selfish, egoistical in their motivations, and even those wanting to help me craved to boost their pride. Their snark smiles showed their self-image was fed as they met someone far less successful. Genuine kindness was virtually non-existent, and Yuna did not name her true motivations. She had to know I was homeless with few options in life, so easy to take advantage of. “What do you want from me?”

For once, Yuna did not respond within a few seconds. “We want to help you. It hurt us to see you live on the streets. If you turn out not to dislike bondage, we could give you a much better life.”

Yuna’s promise made her sound like a procurer, but she did not sound as bad as most pimps. At least she was honest that I would also suffer in that new life. I would prefer to remain independent and self-supporting as I avoided relying on anyone’s generosity in exchange for favors.

“I understand you have trouble trusting strangers, Bree, and I can only guess what kinds of trouble you went through. We only met today. However, I’ve observed you today, and you have potential. You stayed calm in the straitjacket and waited on me for a long time. This world is fantastical and haunting at first, but you’ll get used to it and embrace it. Remember, just like now, you’ll always be in control and can quit any time you want. What do you think?”

“I don’t know. It’s scary.”

Yuna still hugged me. “You should not commit to anything now, but I got a few friends who’d love to house you, but it’d be helpful if you shared their lifestyle. How about I tie you up as I had intended? No strings attached, just to see whether you like it.”

“Um –”

Yuna let me go. “Rock your head when it’s too much.”

“What will you do?”

“Separate your legs slightly and trust me,” Yuna ordered. She kneeled, and metal closed around my right ankle. The sweet girl then released her inner viper. “Relax and wait. There’s nothing you can do. I got you.”

“But, but, --”

“Yes, you can always give up, but you have to trust me that I won’t hurt you. That’s the game. If you truly doubt your safety, bob your head. Now spread your legs.”

I obliged and stepped aside, and another ring locked around my left ankle. Yuna drew them farther aside, about three feet until a chain between them was pulled tight. The cuffs connected my ankles. On the ground, something clicked, and I could not move my left ankle inwards anymore as it was chained to the floor. She continued on my right side, doing the same, so my feet were forced into position.

“Although you’re stuck, this is dangerous,” a cheerful Yuna commented. “You can fall, and that would be unpleasant. Let’s change that.” She stepped around me and attached ropes to the straps over my shoulders that ran up and back, I assumed through one of the steel rings in a wooden post. She pulled them tight and fastened them. The ropes lifted me up and tightened the straps around my crotch, but it was not painful. My feet firmly stayed on the ground.

“Bree, I dare you to lean backward,” Yuna said, and I obeyed. Indeed, the straps held my weight but strained between my legs. I moved my weight back to my feet and wondered what I was doing. I could never get out. Fifteen minutes ago, I could have walked onto the street, but that was now impossible. Was this the end?

“You see, you can move around all you want and won’t hurt yourself. Now open your mouth, and I’ll gag you again.” The soggy ball reentered and was fastened a little tighter than the last time. I had no idea why I was continuing, but somehow, my body obeyed. I only had no idea what Yuna would do next.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Will Bree find her inner submissive self. She seems to be on the edge of it but can't quite take the plunge. Great story.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

The inner turmoil of Bree is so well described [mention]Beaumains[/mention]: Bree´s doubts what the true intentions of Yuna are, her struggles to deal with the situation, I liked this a lot.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Will Bree find her inner submissive self. She seems to be on the edge of it but can't quite take the plunge. Great story.
Thanks a lot for your continued support. Let's see what will be stronger: Bree's submissiveness or her distrust and fear of other humans.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago The inner turmoil of Bree is so well described [mention]Beaumains[/mention]: Bree´s doubts what the true intentions of Yuna are, her struggles to deal with the situation, I liked this a lot.
Thank you very much! But I can tell you, Bree's doubts are not exaggerated. It is very dangerous for her to simply go along and live with a bunch of strangers under certain conditions.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Bree seems very confused, should she trust these people, will her life be better living among them, and playing their games ?

Or should she just go back to her old lifestyle, and be her independent self. ?
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 2 years ago
Thank you very much! But I can tell you, Bree's doubts are not exaggerated. It is very dangerous for her to simply go along and live with a bunch of strangers under certain conditions.
I do not think that Bree´s doubts, her anxiety even fear are not exaggeerateed as you pointed out. You wrote that above: She is in the hands of Strangers, and does not know what their true intentions are. And you get a fairly good impression what Bree feels here, that this is no Carnival at all. Well done.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

It is a leap of faith if I ever saw one, what Bree is doing and she will have to wait (helplessly) to see what Yuna is planning. Scary and exciting to be in such a position. Not sure I would have the nerves to do something like that.

Great addition.

Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago It is a leap of faith if I ever saw one, what Bree is doing and she will have to wait (helplessly) to see what Yuna is planning. Scary and exciting to be in such a position. Not sure I would have the nerves to do something like that.

Great addition.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, Bree is maybe a little calmer/braver than strictly realistic given her character, but so far, she likes being treated humanly and goes quite far. (And of course the story has to progress somehow while there is bondage)
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

“Bree, I demand you to focus on your two little toes,” Yuna guided. “Feel the socks around them, the black cotton, the thick soles of your shoes beneath, and beautiful royal blue suede.”

Yuna had placed a chair five feet in front of me and had urged me to calm down and follow her instructions.

“Now continue with your next two toes. Concentrate deeply on them.”

I obeyed, and my mind drifted to my feet as Yuna named my toes and worked her way down my feet and shoes. She called the shoelaces ‘neatly tied’ as the spotless grey aglets were equally close to the knot. I could now regulate my breath well with a ball in my mouth and had closed my eyes to concentrate. I had never tried to meditate, but it had to be like my current state of mind.

“Then we move to the two shiny steel rings around your ankles that fit snugly around your socks and are half an inch thick. Actually, they are not two rings. They are four half rings that form two rings due to four smooth tiny copper padlocks. Feel them as they press lightly against your legs.”

Yuna was right. I noticed little bumps against my ankles I had not sensed before when I displaced my ankles. Her pastoral voice indeed calmed me and caused me to understand how big the mess was she had placed me in. Every minor detail convinced me more and more that I was stuck.

“Each of those four locks connects to a chain. The ones on the inside of your ankles link to a stainless steel chain. Its oval links are all three inches long and one inch wide, and there are seventeen links in total. They grab into each other and are welded shut, so hence, each link has a thicker, uneven spot. Therefore, your ankles can never get farther apart than that they are at the moment. The locks are locked, and I have the keys.”

Yuna further described how the other chains were locked to rings in the floorboard that ran deep in the foundation of the building itself. The locks were closed, so my legs could not get out. The details she described were almost threatening. She emphasized I was dependent on her if I ever wanted to walk, talk, or see again. Only, she used fewer words.

Something else brewed inside me too. It could have also existed with Dax the previous week, but Yuna was kind in an unusual fashion. She talked to me – well, how to phrase this – like an equal and human being. She appeared to look past my social status as a dirty, failed homeless person and did not act superior. I did not have to explain my sad backstory, defend myself why I had not worked myself out of my situation, or graciously beam. I despised that. When I received a gift, no matter the cost or quality, I had to pretend I had won the lottery. Yuna at least allowed me to be more realistic and honest. This was diabolic. I was tied up. She could force my body in any position she desired and had absolute power over me. Yet, I was treated like a peer. She could torture me if she wished and then dump my wrecked body naked in the forest or an alleyway. Nobody would blink an eye, but Yuna seemed to have none of these intentions.

“And finally, a blindfold of dark red silk presses your long white hair is against you. The four-inch-wide ribbon is winded once around your head, and here, it does not bend over itself nor contains any wrinkles. In the middle behind your head, it forms a reef knot with itself, and the two ends fall down to your middle. They curl a little, and one side is a few inches longer than the other.”

Yuna paused for a moment, leaving me to conjecture what she would do next after she had discussed my entire body.

“Bree, is there anything I have to explain better about your current predicament? Then please shake that part of your body.”

It had been the first time Yuna had asked me anything since she had begun her narration. She had done a perfect job, and I had no reason to demand more details.

“Okay, great, I’ll leave you for a while. I order you to focus on your body and visualize it. Your homework for next week is to draw yourself in this tie as realistically as possible. You’re able with the pencil I have seen, so I expect nothing less than a masterpiece. Nod if you understand your assignment.”

I loathed it but nodded.

“Awesome! I’ll toss a coin. Heads means I’m gone for 15 minutes, tails half an hour,” Yuna explained as she stood up from her chair. “I’ll stay in the area but not next to you. If anything is wrong, swing your head wildly. It’s a safe signal, so, please, don’t abuse it. Understood?”

I nodded once more and realized we had not been alone. I had forgotten during Yuna’s description that everyone could have been watching. Yuna tossed a coin near my feet and walked towards me. “To let you focus on yourself, I will put earplugs in your ears.” She did not expect a reply, but I was still frantic about her previous stupid mind game. I did not know on which side the coin had landed; I was blindfolded. Only, it lay right in front of me, ready to inform me how long I had to stand here alone, but it frustrated me I could not see it.

Even more frustrating was Yuna’s assignment. I detested it. My focus was gone. The questions and uncertainty caused my muscles to tense and my legs to tremble. My mind was too busy hating the assignment to actually mentally prepare myself for it.

Once more, the seconds passed slowly. My thighs hurt a little from the unusual stress I put on them for a long time, and I pushed my knees inward to calm them down. Yet, this produced another problem: I lowered myself, and as such, the crotch straps of the straitjacket caught my weight. That was not much better as nothing could distract me. Those nerves were the only ones triggered. I hated the earplugs. My mind visualized dozens of people around me who witnessed the tiny struggles my bound body could produce. They could be laughing at me that I did this, snap pictures and make videos, or even pose with me for their Facebook or other social media. I had lost control. The wooden planks underneath me did not move, but that did not declare anyone’s presence.

I assumed Yuna would be gone for 30 minutes. Otherwise, she would have returned by now. It was the only logical conclusion, and I only had to wait twice as long.

Twice as long. What a stupid thought. As if I could estimate that. Half an hour, or even 15 minutes, does not seem long on paper: a bus ride or shopping trip. However, while standing still, I had nothing else to do but worry about time. And time was plenty. Was Yuna pulling the same joke on me twice in one evening? Her warning had been pretty clear that the safe signal was for emergencies, so I had to trust her on that one, and she could appear at any moment.

Still, nothing happened, and there were no distractions. Only boredom, itching, and painful muscles. I began counting but lost it at 200. This was dull. Where was the fun in this?

Then someone gripped my shoulders. I wanted to turn around and run but was stuck. “Bree, I’m so sorry. That were 38 minutes,” Yuna apologized behind me after she had pulled the plugs out of my ears. Relief spread across my body. The ropes holding me up, the chains around my ankles, the gag, and the straitjacket itself soon followed. “Stand still. I’ll return in a minute,” Yuna grumbled as she hurried away.

I obliged, never so happy to bungle my arms down and touch each other. Yuna soon returned to demand that I closed my eyes as she removed the blindfold and hid it in her hands. I had been tasked to draw myself from my memory and Yuna’s description, as she did not allow me to see the gag, blindfold, or chains.

“What was it like?” Yuna inquired after allowing me to open my eyes. “How do you feel?”

“Um, I don’t know,” I stumbled. I was stupid. As one would expect, Yuna was going to ask this question.

“Positive, negative, something in between?”

“Not negative,” I replied. “It’s a lot at once.”

“That’s exceptional already! I understand that completely. Bondage is extraordinarily complex emotionally,” the Asian girl celebrated. She led me to a wooden bench, and we sat down. “We’ll discuss this another time. You look tired. What time did you wake up today?”

“Five.”

“It’s around eleven at the moment. Do you prefer to go to bed? It has been enough bondage for today.”

I agreed, and Yuna gave me a long hug. She told me there was a problem with my room. Alison’s car had broken down, and she wanted the room with her girlfriend, another waitress. I had to move, so they would have a private room. It was the staff room, after all. Once more, I was a second-class citizen. “Miriam has a spare mattress in her room. You can sleep there,” Yuna informed me, and I foolishly consented as I did not consider other options. Why did I keep trusting and relying on these people?
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Very interesting chapter. The first bit reminded me very much of the brainsessions by Ad Visser, where he takes you on a journey, starting by feeling the chair or bed you sit/lie on and working from there. I actually did one of his sessions while tied to a chair, unable to see, hear (other than his voice and the music), speak or move. Very interesting.

So far nothing that Yuna has done seems to indicate malicious intent, so Bree's question as to why she keep trusting them is an interesting one.
Very nice chapter, I like this story.

tickletied84
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tickletied84 »

Just read start to Part 10 today - what a wonderfully descriptive story. Bree seems such a fully developed character, hints of her back story, her struggles and her artistic skills, mixed with a true newbie's reactions to the bondage scene.

Fabulous!
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

Oh such exquisite mental torture.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

These Mind Games are devious :) Again nice description of Bree´s feelings. As Slacky wrote so far we have not seen any malicious intent by Yuna, but that may change, honestly I do not trust her completely.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Very good chapter, Bree seems very trusting. I still think they are using Bree for their own pleasures. They seem to be trying to brainwash her into accepting what they want. :o
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago Very interesting chapter. The first bit reminded me very much of the brainsessions by Ad Visser, where he takes you on a journey, starting by feeling the chair or bed you sit/lie on and working from there. I actually did one of his sessions while tied to a chair, unable to see, hear (other than his voice and the music), speak or move. Very interesting.

So far nothing that Yuna has done seems to indicate malicious intent, so Bree's question as to why she keep trusting them is an interesting one.
Very nice chapter, I like this story.
Due to my age and general cultural awareness, I had never heard of Ad Visser before. The idea is quite common nowadays, and I based this part more on the meditation/ASMR-like channels that have popped off on YouTube. I also tried this once, but with a VR-headset instead of a blindfold (and tied up, of course). That was also very strange.

> so Bree's question as to why she keep trusting them is an interesting one.
This is mostly a flash-forward to the next part and how easy she agrees to everything here now. She has the feeling she caves in too easily to do all sorts of things.
tickletied84 wrote: 2 years ago Just read start to Part 10 today - what a wonderfully descriptive story. Bree seems such a fully developed character, hints of her back story, her struggles and her artistic skills, mixed with a true newbie's reactions to the bondage scene.

Fabulous!
Awesome! I am glad you like the story and Bree.
JulieG wrote: 2 years ago Oh such exquisite mental torture.
It is quite the torture, but it can be (get?) a lot worse.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago These Mind Games are devious :) Again nice description of Bree´s feelings. As Slacky wrote so far we have not seen any malicious intent by Yuna, but that may change, honestly I do not trust her completely.
Thanks a lot! The fun of writing from such a perspective is that your readers cannot trust all information presented to them, and hopefully from the way I have written in it, Yuna can be truly kind, only think about herself and really liking beginners in bondage, or scheming something very malicious. Who knows? The comments seem to disagree, so that's good.
Tieup1 wrote: 2 years ago Very good chapter, Bree seems very trusting. I still think they are using Bree for their own pleasures. They seem to be trying to brainwash her into accepting what they want. :o
Thanks a lot! I gotta disagree that Bree is very trusting as she walks in the same trap twice: Get consoled, food, and a shower so it is hard for her to walk away, and there's lots of talk upfront to get her trust. She isn't requesting any bondage herself, of course. However, I somehow have her to agree to a tug as the story would not belong on this site otherwise.
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Loving, absolutely loving the descriptions about the restraints and, most of all, the feelings and sensation that Bree is experiencing.

Will she ever be comfortable being tied up? Or maybe, she just needs to find the right person? So far, all the people that have tied her up are just making her unease.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Mineira1986 wrote: 2 years ago Loving, absolutely loving the descriptions about the restraints and, most of all, the feelings and sensation that Bree is experiencing.

Will she ever be comfortable being tied up? Or maybe, she just needs to find the right person? So far, all the people that have tied her up are just making her unease.
Thanks a lot for your comment! It is a very strange mix of strangers and Bree's situation that makes her uncomfortable. The problem is not as much bondage itself, but the way it is shoved in her face and that she loses the control of the situation. If she can push that feeling away, she might be able to. That is, if her trust in that right person is rightful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why had I agreed to this?” I questioned myself once more.

I rolled aside in the fluffy blanket against the hard iron bars as my phone told me it was half past five. Miriam had given me two options: join her in her enormous bed or sleep in the cage near the food of the bed. There had been no other option offered, it had been too late to walk an hour to my hide-out, and my clothes had not dried yet.

“I’ll put on a nightdress if you want that,” Miriam had promised, so I had opted for the mattress on the ground.

“It’ll stay unlocked, of course. It’s hard to get the mattress out, but it won’t make a difference,” had been another promise. The cage was not small, I could stretch out completely, and it was also high and wide with inch-thick bars about five inches apart. Hence, it was as spacious as the ventilation shaft that served as my current hide-out.

I rolled around: the door of the cage was locked shut with a half-inch thick padlock. I owned lockpicking tools but did not have them on me. Being caught with them was sufficient for a burglary charge, even when only searching dumpsters for leftovers when eating nothing was my sole other option.

I sighed and was unsurprised by this betrayal. Why should I have expected anything positive from a stranger? Miriam had returned to the party and locked me up while I slept. How naive of me.

I scanned my surroundings with my phone’s flashlight but did not find an easy way out. To my surprise, a desk lamp and my bag lay next to the cage, and I despised myself even more that I had not packed my lockpicks. I lit the lamp and pulled my bag inside to find a single safety pin crammed on the bottom. It was worth a shot.

I was not a brilliant lockpicker, and despite Hollywood’s suggestions, a safety pin is not much of a tool. It bends easily, is too short for a decent grip, and has a tiny smooth end. The lock’s keyway was decent, albeit curved. I put the safety pin in and felt the six pins, which meant the device had a usual lock design. I had a shot. The first pin seemed a false gate, and I let it rest. The second and third clicked into place, and the fourth and fifth were already fixed. I moved to the sixth pin, but the first two pins fell back out: My nails were horrible turning tools and could not keep the lock tensioned. I had to start over.

I tried again. And again. I had had initial success with the hairpin as it now slid from the pins when I attempted to push them down. It was frustrating, and my first attempt had been lucky. Meanwhile, I had to work in utter silence as Miriam was only a few feet away from me.

I glanced at my phone: half past six. I had failed for an hour to break free, and my safety pin was dented and slightly bent, so I had merely ruined my sole prospect at freedom. Therefore, I switched from my most time-consuming pastime, surviving, to my favorite. I slid my sketchbook out of my backpack and lay a clean sheet of paper on the solid surface. I decided to draw Yuna.

I wanted to understand whether Miriam’s friend, who had been tasked to accompany me all evening, had been honest. I had foolishly obeyed her, and she had not abused my trust much, and when she did, only within the ‘guidelines’ of that strange game. Instinctively, I outlined her long, oval face and traced a thick line from the top to the bottom of the page: Yuna had two faces, and I had to draw both to understand her.

On the left side of the paper, I began drafting her gentle, helpful face while I rewatched her image from my memories. I sketched her broad smile, toothpaste commercial-worthy denture, spotless beige skin with a thin layer of foundation, small smooth nose, modest cheekbones, and wide-open hazel eyes circled with black eyeliner. Nothing special emerged, and no magic was hidden behind her eyes, so I moved on to the right side of the paper. Before her wrestling matches and when she demanded me to consent to anything, she had looked differently: assertive, eager, fearless, collected, and unrelenting. Her smile was less curved, but the most striking change was in her eyebrows: They were flat instead of arched. Her whole face contracted, giving her a wrinkle on her nose bridge. A typical expression and I had not found what had I sought.

I returned to Yuna’s lips and eyes, the two gateways to someone’s soul. Her pupils had not shied away from mine, so Yuna was either a cold-blooded liar or sincere. They had never turned away but had not been fixated either. They were relaxed and twinkled. Her smile also appeared genuine. The corners had moved up irregularly, which I had heard as a child was a good sign. I drew every little detail I could recall from my memory and returned plenty of times to my drawing to see if anything was off. It was not. Had I been charmed?

Then the bed cracked, and Miriam yawned, so I slid my drawing in the sketchbook and put it with my pencil in my bag.

“Mornin’ Bree,” Miriam said as she rose from her bed. “Did you sleep well?”

She towered over me, and I was forced to stare up through the thick bars. “Decent.” I was too fed up to show any manners or display gratitude towards the hospitality. I was caged like a dog.

Miriam retrieved a table from her nightstand and unlocked the padlock. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“I don’t know,” I stammered as I crept out of the cage.

“Are pancakes alright?” Miriam ignored my resentment. “Bree, what would you like? Cornflakes? Toast? Eggs?”

“Anything’s fine,” I replied as Miriam undressed. I turned away.

“Why are you so bitter?”

“What do you expect?” I fired back.

Miriam stayed silent. “Did Yuna anything to you?”

“No, Yuna was fine.”

“What’s the problem, darling? Tell me.”

“You promised you would not lock the cage!”

Miriam laughed. “Oh, that. Sorry if it scared you, but I realized how you ran off last week and did not want you to vanish in thin air again. Then we wouldn’t be able to help you. Come on, turn around and give me a hug. You were very brave last night.”

Miriam grabbed my shoulder and pushed me against her velvet red bathrobes. They were fluffy.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

I would like to know more about Yuna. She seems more complex than most.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Talking about trust issues... locking up the cage without Bree's consent clearly won't help her to trust Miriam.

I hope Bree can, eventually, trust all the people at the inn but... they aren't making it any easier.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic