I'm Knot Scared (M/M) - June 11 NEW!

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.

What do you think Jules will choose?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

Confess his crush
63%
Submit to the wraith
38%

Total votes: 8

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

I'm Knot Scared (M/M) - June 11 NEW!

Post by Volobond »

"I hate you, Kenny." Jules growled from his chair.

"Eh." Kenny responded with a wink. "I can live with that."

Jules struggled again, but the thick leather straps pinning down his biceps, forearms, wrists, and crisscrossing chest kept him all but immobile. "Okay, fine. The chair works."

"We haven't even tried the head straps yet!" Kenny's protest was only half-serious, although he made no move to free the burly man from confinement. "But yeah, it works."

Jules and Kenny were currently the only occupants of the small lounge area in the offices of the Paranormal Investigation Agency, which also served as storehouse and workshop. The rooms off to one side were currently Jules' living quarters. He lived and breathed the Agency, really. Kenny had never met a man more dedicated to his chosen path.

"What time is it, Kenny?" Jules questioned, still trying to slip out of the unyielding leather, grateful that he still had his shirt on to avoid any annoying sticking of the straps to his sweaty skin. "I have that guy coming at five."

"Five?" Kenny gulped. "Uh... it's... uh-oh. Five oh five."

"Shit. Get me out of here, Kenny!"

Kenny fumbled with the straps, and all he had succeeded in was freeing Jules' chest - but considering his arms were still locked in place, it practically did nothing.

"Just - act casual!" Jules growled as the sound of footsteps echoed in the hall. Kenny yelped and leaned against the wall, adopting a nonchalant expression. Jules rolled his eyes.

In walked the most intimidating man Kenny had ever seen, Jules included. He looked somehow both dangerous and professional, like a Mafia don. His hair was pulled into a small ponytail, his jaw outlined with a manly yet neat beard, and the hint of tattoos snaked out from the cuffs of his suit and the collar of his shirt.

To his credit, Jules remained calm, waving a little with one of his hands, even anchored down to the armrest as it was. "Mr. Ashby. Glad you could make it."

The man smirked, his stride not faltering for a second, as if he walked into rooms with heavily-restrained men on a daily basis. Although... Kenny wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Am I interrupting something?" Mr. Ashby asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Not at all! Kenny was just showing me a new piece of equipment."

Mr. Ashby glanced over at Kenny and nodded. "Ah, your tech expert. Mr... Lee, was it?"

"That's Brady. I'm Kenny Hebert. But call me Kenny."

"Mackenzie Ashby." Mr. Ashby shook his hand before turning to Jules. "Mr. Patterson, I came to discuss whether you and your team were ready for the big leagues. You told me that you'd discuss this with them."

Jules shifted uneasily. "Look, Mr. Ashby, you can't exactly expect me to just trust you on this. Most of the people I talk to think I'm crazy - I'm not sending my people into something I don't know anything about."

Kenny cleared his throat. "Uhhh, what's going on?"

Jules growled again as Mr. Ashby took a step closer and covered his mouth with one of his large hands. "Mmmm?"

Mr. Ashby took no notice. "About a week ago, I came to Mr. Patterson here to offer your Agency financial backing. I work in the private sector, but I'm currently cooperating with the government to hire you and negotiate employment terms."

Kenny's eyes bugged out. "T-the government wants to hire us? For real?"

Mr. Ashby chuckled. When Jules tried to shake his hand off, he simply pressed the man's head against the cushioned headrest of the restraint chair, pinning him in place. "Officially, you'd be on my payroll for now. This is, after all, a probationary measure. With our help, you'll have a far better reach and ability to craft equipment, better pay, and let's face it - without us, most people will think you're crazy. I appreciate the need to discuss this with your team, but the fact is, there's a young man in the Midwest who has just come up against what would classify to most as a ghost, and we need someone on the job if he's going to survive. Apparently he's permanently gagged with some kind of unnatural substance."

"Why us?" Kenny frowned. "What will you do if we say no?"

Mr. Ashby shrugged. "Cover it up. We do our best to avoid mass hysteria and panic with the revelation that the supernatural exists, but the fact of the matter is, all we're really equipped to do is cover up. If you want to actually help people... this is your shot."

Kenny glanced at Jules. "You said we'd be on probation, right?"

Mr. Ashby nodded.

"Then consider this your probation. We'll go with you this one trip, and if we all get through it, we'll talk. Deal?"

"Deal."

Ashby removed his hand from Jules' face to shake Kenny's, and the man groaned. "I would've agreed to that. There was no need to cover my mouth."

Mr. Ashby laughed, smirking at Kenny. "But look at how easily we made an agreement without you."

Kenny snickered. "I like him."

Jules only sighed. "Will you at least get me out of this?"

Last edited by Volobond 1 year ago, edited 6 times in total.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

I hadn’t read “Jocks in Jeopardy” and I have to say that prequel was amazing. I can’t wait to see where you go with story. And those character portraits are absolutely hot, can’t wait to meet all them! I’m really excited about Bayard!
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

I've read Jocks in Jeopardy and I have to say, it was amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the supernatural event will be solved, especially seeing our paranormal detectives (one of my favorite tropes!) may be less than well-equipped to handle the situation.

Jules and Kenny already have a great dynamic and I'm excited to see Bound Table characters among the cast.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Very excited to see more of this supernatural tale! I was also excited to see Derek and Bayard in the picture. I feel a bit stupid that I didn't piece together their paranormal investigating and this promised ghost hunting story! Looking forward to more from those two! But know I feel a bit bad for them! They will go off ghost hunting, run into supernatural bondage and tie ups, then go home to their castle and be subjected to more restraints by their fellow knights! No rest for the weary, I guess!

Jules and Kenny are both yummy! Love that they so thoroughly rest out their equipment! It shows just how dedicated their are to their profession! And, Mackenzie is certainly burying the lead. I get the feeling he's hiding something... With his casual conversing about "covering up" undesirable situations, I hope none of our sexy ghost hunters get disappeared by him and his organization! (Or maybe I do... time will tell!)
My M/M Stories Here
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

To his credit, Jules remained calm, waving a little with one of his hands, even anchored down to the armrest as it was. "Mr. Ashby. Glad you could make it."

The man smirked, his stride not faltering for a second, as if he walked into rooms with heavily-restrained men on a daily basis
I just love humor in TUGs!! :lol:

Waiting with bated breath for more of this tale, [mention]Volobond[/mention]!
Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

A great start as always [mention]Volobond[/mention], full of all of your usual wit and charm. Looking forward to where this first mission will take our characters. Not entirely sure why a paranormal investigation team needs a bondage chair but I'm not complaining!
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

"So, is he coming?" Brady asked skeptically. "You'd think he'd be here by now."

"I had to send him a list of equipment he could requisition for us. We're working with way more resources this time around." Kenny grinned.

Jules frowned. "You really think he's on the level?"

"Who even says 'on the level' anymore, old man?"

Jules only rolled his eyes.

Derek surveyed the parking lot with his customary frown. "Look, it's no secret we're not making ends meet. Working with Ashby might be the only way to actually keep doing this. Besides... honestly, my apartment wasn't meant for two people. Bay, I love you, but if we stand together it feels crowded!"

Bayard nodded, his shaggy hair bouncing. "No offense taken. I can barely chop vegetables without hitting you in the side with my elbow."

Derek rolled his eyes, looking to the others. "He insists on holding it straight out."

"You mean, the proper way?" Brady teased.

"Is this Ashby guy legit? Did you do any research on him?" Derek asked suddenly.

Jules nodded. "Yeah. Graduated top of his class, fraternity president Tau Upsilon Gamma, started his own security company that was so well-regarded, the government bought him out to better train the Secret Service and use him as a consultant."

Kenny gave a low whistle. No one else felt much like talking after that.

They all stood together in the large empty parking lot of the community center of the town of Hareburton, Nebraska, making for a strange sight, but it would only become the stranger when Ashby actually did arrive. Three professional-looking black vans in a caravan parked across the lot, and Ashby was the first to emerge, striding over in a professional-looking suit.

"Gentlemen. My name is Mackenzie Ashby, but feel free to just call me Mack. I'm here to supervise your methods and work with you on this case."

Since Jules didn't appear too welcoming, Kenny shook his hand instead. "We met before. Kenny Hebert, I handle our unique tech and supplies. You know Jules Patterson, our point man, and this is Brady Lee, our lore expert, Derek Sharp, who handles surveillance and field tools, and Bayard Prince, our supernatural liaison."

Mack nodded to each man in turn. "We don't want to overwhelm the victim, so I suggest I go in with whomever you generally send to speak with clients."

Jules stepped forward. "Look, Mr. Ashby. Kenny and I do the talking ."

Mack didn't flinch. "Kenny, I would appreciate it if you would go with me to speak to the client while your esteemed leader and Mr. Sharp go over the tech we've supplied to make sure it's to your specifications. Mr. Lee, I'm aware of your particular talents and the items you've requested are on their way."

Kenny glanced between Mack and Jules.

Jules growled, running a hand through his hair. "Fine. Go on, Kenny. It won't kill me."

Mack nodded, striding towards the street, Kenny following him. The technician glanced over his shoulder to see Jules looking after him as Brady, Derek, and Bayard walked towards the black vans. He turned back to see he was following Mack into an emergency care center.

"Not a hospital?"

Mack chuckled. "Hareburton doesn't have one. Not big enough. You're S.O.L. unless you get an ambulance early enough."

Kenny sighed. "Ouch."

"I apologize about the unpleasantness. I have to be here to get you access, and I figured Mr. Patterson and I would be too at odds to actually help."

Kenny gave the man a look. "You really do care, don't you."

Mack shrugged. "I like to think I do."

Kenny was secretly delighted to watch Mack flash a little leather folder with a special ID in it to get them in the door, like a special detective. Like Columbo! But then they entered the room where Travis Cooper lay, an IV drip in his arm. The young man looked curiously at them from his bed, though it was as reported - Travis' lower face was coated in what looked like shiny black tape, melded to his skin with no possible way to remove it.

Mack glanced at Kenny. "Nurse said they attempted to remove the gag but it's acting like a skin graft, and there's no piercing the tape. It's indestructible. And very slowly growing. According to the head practitioner here, he's got a week before the tape covers his nose and he can't breathe anymore."

Kenny smiled. "Hey, Travis. I'm Kenny, I'm here to help you."

Travis sighed through his nose. "Mmm. Mmmmmmr."

Kenny nodded. "You got a phone, Travis?"

Travis shook his head. Mack had the grace to look apologetic. "We're already working to cover this up. It's why Travis is still here and not at hospital. We needed to make sure Pretty Boy here wouldn't live-Tweet his supernatural encounter."

"Give him yours, then. We'll text."

Mack sighed before doing so. Kenny grinned. "Anybody able to speak to you?"

Travis eagerly typed.

No. Assholes wouldn't even give me a pen and paper after I texted my mom what happened.

Kenny sighed. "Well, we're talking now. And I'm gonna figure out what happened to you."

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Oh, I really don't trust Ashby or his organization. Not at all. Keeping poor Travis sequestered away in this small, no-nothing hospital, making no attempts to communicate with him, bringing in outsiders to do the actual investigating.... I've got a bad feeling that Ashby is using our sexy investigators to clean up a mess he and his organization had a hand in. Now I'm really worried for our paranormal team as they continue this job.
My M/M Stories Here
Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

I agree with [mention]gag1195[/mention] i don’t trust Ashby at all. Seems like something else is going on with him. Great chapter though, can’t wait for the next one
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Asby and Mack seem more concerned about maintaining appearances than actually helping people. I have a feeling that the paranormal detectives were hired as sacrificable pawns rather than actual experts... :?
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

Good writing as always.

Still getting to know the cast, but they seem like a great bunch! Excited to see them start solving the mystery

:)
Learning new things each day...

A list of my work...
Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

Loving the different personalities of the gang and the banter between them. Puts me in mind of a couple of the gangs in various Brandon Sanderson books. Travis is definitely in a bit of an interesting predicament. I'm sure more is going on than meets the eye.

Nice little reference to a certain fraternity (one I need to catch-up on).
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Jules nodded. "Yeah. Graduated top of his class, fraternity president Tau Upsilon Gamma, started his own security company that was so well-regarded, the government bought him out to better train the Secret Service and use him as a consultant."
Nice reference! :D

I'm with [mention]gag1195[/mention]...

Don't trust Ashby! :cry:
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

Started catching up on the stories I missed while I was offline and boy am I glad I found this one. Liking the setup and can't wait to see where it goes.

And Ashby sounds like a fitting alumni for a certain Greek organization. :)
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

I'm looking forward to reading more about these guys and their crazy adventures! 😀
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

[mention]NeedControl[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Bradstick[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention]

"Alright, so the gist of it is, Travis and his buddies, Howie and Jerry-"

"That's Jerry Goldwyn and Howard Finnegan, the two missing boys." Mack supplied, causing Jules to roll his eyes at the unnecessary clarification.

Kenny continued on, gesticulating wildly. "Travis and Jerry have been going up to the domain for years, apparently, and experienced no sense of anything supernatural at all. They bring Howie up there to get him in on their yearly ritual and almost immediately the apparition manifested. Full-body apparition, with telekinetic control over the house. Travis isn't sure what happened, but Howie went missing, Jerry went upstairs to find him, and then Howie comes running down, gagged like Travis is, and chased by Jerry, who's become this duct tape mummy puppet. Travis runs, and encounters the apparition in the backyard. By the time he gets back to town, he's been gagged and can't communicate anything, and Howie and Jerry are nowhere to be found."

Derek scowled. "So the kid just left his buddies there?"

Kenny frowned at the man. "He was scared. Not everybody's a super scary ghost hunter like you, Der."

Mack tapped his foot, gazing into the distance. "The Finnegan boy is the key here. It's obvious something about him trigged the ghost's appearance."

"Apparition." Jules corrected. "We don't know if it's a ghost yet. Could still be anything at this point."

"Be that as it may," Mack said, raising his voice slightly. "Howard's presence seems to be the extenuating factor that triggered the apparition.

Brady pursed his lips. "The apparition would seem to indicate we have a haunting on our hands."

Kenny glanced at him. "But is it a haunting of Howard, or the house?"

Jules sighed. "We'll have to check both out. Brady, you take Derek and Mr. Ashby and do a site survey on the house. See if you can determine if the house is actually haunted. Kenny, Bay, and I will visit each of the boys' homes and question their families on anything about them or their relationships with each other that might help out. Meet back here in three hours."

Mack cleared his throat. "Mr. Patterson? Your team will need some identification. I doubt the families will talk to some random man off the street, eh?" He walked over to one of the dark-suited drivers of the equipment vans and came back with three leather wallets, each one with a small identification card inside listing them as deputy government investigators.

Jules, in spite of himself, nodded to acknowledge the contribution and walked off with Kenny and Bayard.

Mack walked to the car, removing his suit jacket, revealing a pale blue button down shirt stretched around powerful muscles. He waved the van caravan on, directing them to the hill house as he replaced his suit jacket with a leather one, not even noticing the appreciative glances from Brady as the man pulled on a tight pair of leather gloves as well.

Once they reached the house, Mack stood back with Brady as the other man prepared strange smelling powders and liquids while Derek started to set up technical equipment. "So... is this how you usually work a site?"

Brady shrugged. "It's a little different with, y'know, government authority, but yeah, about the same. Derek's awful at dealing with people and I'm the only one who's memorized the rituals."

"Rituals?"

"Basically it's magic in the most basic form. There's power in certain arrangements of symbols and materials. You're not gonna see anything directly caused, but it can trigger other things. I don't have the power to cast actual spells and make things happen myself, but if I have the right stuff prepared in the right way, I can trigger things or prevent things."

"Is that so?"

Brady grinned. "Come on, give it a try."

The tall long-haired man placed a hand on Mack's leather-clad shoulder and guided him over to the table, urging him to help grind some ingredients into powder. He got distracted a little watching Mack's hands as he did so.

"Uh, right. So, Derek is setting up the house with spectrogram cameras that will record any temperature fluctuations. Generally, even if a haunting is dormant, we can usually tell what's what if inscribing certain symbols has an effect. The components I asked your men for are high-quality - they're nearly assured to provoke some kind of reaction if there's anything lying dormant in the house. Now, if it's a witch or some kind of creature, there'll be no response at all, and we can change up the approach."

"Witches don't exist," Derek rolled his eyes, approaching the two.

Brady made an offended clicking noise. "Uh, you're looking at one right now!"

Mack chuckled. "And if I inscribed the sigils, would I be a witch?"

Brady smirked, looking Mack up and down. "Not exactly what I'd call you."

Derek raised an eyebrow. "What would you call him?"

Brady's eyes went wide and he turned away. "Never mind! Let's get to inscribing these bad boys." He brought out several thick bits of strangely soft paper. "Ritually treated paper. Since we usually work in lived-in homes for hauntings, we draw the sigils to make spell tags instead of writing on the wall, you know?"

"Alright, then. Let's get going." Derek urged.

Mack frowned. "Shouldn't we wait for the others to finish their investigation?"

Brady laughed. "That could take a while, still. We'd better try and finish. Come on."

And so, spell tags in hand, the three entered the house.

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Yay! More of the sexy ghost hunters!

As much as I absolutely do not trust Mackenzie, I do have to appreciate his style. Was it necessary to put on a leather jacket and leather gloves? No. But we're glad he did! I also like how thorough the group is. I guess I'm used to the nonsense that is the ghost hunting/ghost bothering tv shows, but I really appreciate all the investigating and evidence gathering the group is doing before they step foot in the house.

I am really, really worried what's going to happen to them. Going into the house without the full party? Never a good idea! I hope Howie and Jerry are ok!

Also, I wonder is Derek and Bay will introduce Max to Brady! Maybe there's more witchiness in him than just his chosen class!
My M/M Stories Here
Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

I agree with [mention]gag1195[/mention], I don’t trust Mackenzie but he has some great style.

I’m super excited for the next chapter as they enter the house. I’m curious what happened to Jerry and Howie, I hope we find out soon!
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

After reading the prequel, I am even more excited than before to read what happens with this crew, and even get glimpses of what already happened to our other two musketeers! 😀😀😛😛😛
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

"Witches don't exist," Derek rolled his eyes, approaching the two.

Brady made an offended clicking noise. "Uh, you're looking at one right now!"
Bitch, Please! :D

Boy, Oh, Boy, [mention]Volobond[/mention]! Are you ever building the suspense here! Can't wait for more!!
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Yey, I'm really enjoying this preparation round. These men are professionals and they act like it. When they don't bicker like high school boys, that is. :D

And Brady, honey, I really don't think you should be crushing on Mack right now. The guy's shady.

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

DeeperThanRed wrote: 2 years ago And Brady, honey, I really don't think you should be crushing on Mack right now. The guy's shady.
Bradstick wrote: 2 years ago I agree with [mention]gag1195[/mention], I don’t trust Mackenzie but he has some great style.
gag1195 wrote: 2 years ago As much as I absolutely do not trust Mackenzie, I do have to appreciate his style. Was it necessary to put on a leather jacket and leather gloves? No. But we're glad he did!
Now, now, boys, all this distrust will hurt Mack's feelings! :P

[mention]gag1195[/mention] I have to wonder now... would Maxie be a good witch? Lol a sexy dom witch. :lol:

Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Love the build up to the confrontation with this paranormal entity. The way you responded to all the Mack skeptics, I'm wondering if muscular Mack will be next to be taken down? Certainly wouldn't mind such an outcome.
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

Loving the character interactions as always. Nice to see they take their work seriously. What will happen when they enter the house.

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Volobond wrote: 2 years ago Now, now, boys, all this distrust will hurt Mack's feelings! :P

@gag1195 I have to wonder now... would Maxie be a good witch? Lol a sexy dom witch. :lol:
I've got absolutely no problem hurting Mack's feelings! He is involved somehow, I just don't know the specifics yet!

As for Max... I know that only bad witches are ugly... and Max isn't ugly, so he must be a good witch... but the Wicked Witch did have a full dungeon... so I don't really know what side of the witchly moral spectrum he falls on...
My M/M Stories Here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic